Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EAF3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Boudreault A, Cronier D, Selleck W, Lacoste N, Utley R, Allard S, et al. Yeast enhancer of polycomb defines global Esa1-dependent acetylation of chromatin. Genes Dev. 2003;17:1415-28 pubmed
- Carrozza M, Florens L, Swanson S, Shia W, Anderson S, Yates J, et al. Stable incorporation of sequence specific repressors Ash1 and Ume6 into the Rpd3L complex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1731:77-87; discussion 75-6 pubmed..Thus, the Rpd3L complex is directly recruited to specific promoters through multiple integral DNA-binding proteins. ..
- Okamoto M, Yoko o T, Umemura M, Nakayama K, Jigami Y. Glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored proteins are required for the transport of detergent-resistant microdomain-associated membrane proteins Tat2p and Fur4p. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4013-23 pubmed
- Chu Y, Sutton A, Sternglanz R, Prelich G. The BUR1 cyclin-dependent protein kinase is required for the normal pattern of histone methylation by SET2. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:3029-38 pubmed..These results establish links between a regulatory protein kinase and histone methylation and lead to a model in which the Bur1-Bur2 complex counteracts an inhibitory effect of Set2-dependent histone methylation. ..
- Chittuluru J, Chaban Y, Monnet Saksouk J, Carrozza M, Sapountzi V, Selleck W, et al. Structure and nucleosome interaction of the yeast NuA4 and Piccolo-NuA4 histone acetyltransferase complexes. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:1196-203 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide an understanding of the NuA4 subunit organization and the NuA4-NCP interactions. ..
- Nourani A, Howe L, Pray Grant M, Workman J, Grant P, Cote J. Opposite role of yeast ING family members in p53-dependent transcriptional activation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19171-5 pubmed..They also demonstrate the key specific role of ING proteins in different chromatin modifying complexes and their opposite functions in p53-dependent transcription. ..
- Poschke H, Dees M, Chang M, Amberkar S, Kaderali L, Rothstein R, et al. Rif2 promotes a telomere fold-back structure through Rpd3L recruitment in budding yeast. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002960 pubmed publisher..Together these data reveal that multiple genetic pathways may directly or indirectly impinge on telomere structure, thus broadening the potential targets available to manipulate telomere function. ..
- Lin L, Minard L, Johnston G, Singer R, Schultz M. Asf1 can promote trimethylation of H3 K36 by Set2. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:1116-29 pubmed publisher..This function of Asf1 promotes the switch from di- to trimethylation of H3 K36 at that gene. These results support the view that Set2 function in chromatin metabolism can intimately involve histone chaperone Asf1. ..
- Knott S, Viggiani C, Tavare S, Aparicio O. Genome-wide replication profiles indicate an expansive role for Rpd3L in regulating replication initiation timing or efficiency, and reveal genomic loci of Rpd3 function in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1077-90 pubmed publisher..Our results also reveal a novel and complementary genomic map of Rpd3L- and Rpd3S-regulated chromosomal loci. ..
- Florens L, Carozza M, Swanson S, Fournier M, Coleman M, Workman J, et al. Analyzing chromatin remodeling complexes using shotgun proteomics and normalized spectral abundance factors. Methods. 2006;40:303-11 pubmed..In this method review, we describe a reanalysis of the Rpd3/Sin3 small and large histone deacetylase complexes previously described in a tabular form to demonstrate the normalized spectral abundance factor approach. ..
- Lindstrom K, Vary J, Parthun M, Delrow J, Tsukiyama T. Isw1 functions in parallel with the NuA4 and Swr1 complexes in stress-induced gene repression. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6117-29 pubmed..In contrast to a recruitment-based model, we find that the NuA4 and Swr1 complexes act throughout the genome while only a specific subset of the genome shows alterations in transcription. ..
- Kobor M, Venkatasubrahmanyam S, Meneghini M, Gin J, Jennings J, Link A, et al. A protein complex containing the conserved Swi2/Snf2-related ATPase Swr1p deposits histone variant H2A.Z into euchromatin. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E131 pubmed..Metazoan orthologs of Swr1p (Drosophila Domino; human SRCAP and p400) may have analogous functions...
- Ruan C, Cui H, Lee C, Li S, Li B. Homodimeric PHD Domain-containing Rco1 Subunit Constitutes a Critical Interaction Hub within the Rpd3S Histone Deacetylase Complex. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:5428-38 pubmed publisher..The Rpd3S histone deacetylase utilizes the chromodomain-containing Eaf3 subunit and the PHD domain-containing Rco1 subunit to recognize nucleosomes that are methylated at lysine 36 of ..
- Sathianathan A, Ravichandran P, Lippi J, Cohen L, Messina A, Shaju S, et al. The Eaf3/5/7 Subcomplex Stimulates NuA4 Interaction with Methylated Histone H3 Lys-36 and RNA Polymerase II. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:21195-21207 pubmed..b>Eaf3, Eaf5, and Eaf7 form a subcomplex within NuA4 that may also function independently of the lysine acetyltransferase ..
- Su W, Hsu S, Chia L, Lin J, Chang S, Jiang Z, et al. Combined Interactions of Plant Homeodomain and Chromodomain Regulate NuA4 Activity at DNA Double-Strand Breaks. Genetics. 2016;202:77-92 pubmed publisher..Two subunits of NuA4, Yng2 and Eaf3, can interact in vitro with methylated H3K4 and H3K36 via their plant homeodomain (PHD) and chromodomain...
- Suzuki T, Sakamoto T, Sugiyama M, Ishida N, Kambe H, Obata S, et al. Disruption of multiple genes whose deletion causes lactic-acid resistance improves lactic-acid resistance and productivity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biosci Bioeng. 2013;115:467-74 pubmed publisher..We also found that multiple combinations of ?dse2, ?scw11, ?eaf3, and/or ?sed1 disruption led to enhanced resistance to lactic acid depending upon their combinations...
- Zhang H, Richardson D, Roberts D, Utley R, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, et al. The Yaf9 component of the SWR1 and NuA4 complexes is required for proper gene expression, histone H4 acetylation, and Htz1 replacement near telomeres. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9424-36 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that Yaf9 may function in NuA4 and SWR1 complexes to help antagonize silencing near telomeres. ..
- Steunou A, Cramet M, Rossetto D, Aristizabal M, Lacoste N, Drouin S, et al. Combined Action of Histone Reader Modules Regulates NuA4 Local Acetyltransferase Function but Not Its Recruitment on the Genome. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:2768-2781 pubmed..an H3K4me3-specific plant homeodomain (PHD) within the Yng2 subunit and an H3K36me2/3-specific chromodomain in the Eaf3 subunit...
- Churchman L, Weissman J. Nascent transcript sequencing visualizes transcription at nucleotide resolution. Nature. 2011;469:368-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, nucleosome-induced pausing represents a major barrier to transcriptional elongation in vivo. ..
- Decker P, Yu D, Iizuka M, Qiu Q, Smith M. Catalytic-site mutations in the MYST family histone Acetyltransferase Esa1. Genetics. 2008;178:1209-20 pubmed publisher..We propose that the essential function of Esa1 may be to bind acetyl-CoA or lysine substrates and positively regulate the activities of NuA4 and Piccolo NuA4. ..
- Zhang P, Du J, Sun B, Dong X, Xu G, Zhou J, et al. Structure of human MRG15 chromo domain and its binding to Lys36-methylated histone H3. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:6621-8 pubmed..These data together suggest that the MRG15 chromo domain may function as an adaptor module which can bind to a modified histone H3 in a mode different from that of the HP1/Pc chromo domains. ..
- Utley R, Lacoste N, Jobin Robitaille O, Allard S, Cote J. Regulation of NuA4 histone acetyltransferase activity in transcription and DNA repair by phosphorylation of histone H4. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8179-90 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that H4 phospho-serine 1 regulates chromatin acetylation by the NuA4 complex and that this process is important for normal gene expression and DNA repair. ..
- Pryde F, Jain D, Kerr A, Curley R, Mariotti F, Vogelauer M. H3 k36 methylation helps determine the timing of cdc45 association with replication origins. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5882 pubmed publisher..The involvement of the transcriptionally induced H3 K36 methylation mark in regulating the timing of Cdc45 binding to replication origins provides a novel means of how gene expression may affect origin dynamics during S-phase. ..