Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EAF1
Alias: VID21, Eaf1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Nourani A, Howe L, Pray Grant M, Workman J, Grant P, Cote J. Opposite role of yeast ING family members in p53-dependent transcriptional activation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19171-5 pubmed..They also demonstrate the key specific role of ING proteins in different chromatin modifying complexes and their opposite functions in p53-dependent transcription. ..
- Sathianathan A, Ravichandran P, Lippi J, Cohen L, Messina A, Shaju S, et al. The Eaf3/5/7 Subcomplex Stimulates NuA4 Interaction with Methylated Histone H3 Lys-36 and RNA Polymerase II. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:21195-21207 pubmed..Overall, these results reveal the function of Eaf3/5/7 within NuA4 to be important for both NuA4 and RNA polymerase II binding. ..
- Renaud Young M, Lloyd D, Chatfield Reed K, George I, Chua G, Cobb J. The NuA4 complex promotes translesion synthesis (TLS)-mediated DNA damage tolerance. Genetics. 2015;199:1065-76 pubmed publisher..Lastly, disruption of HTZ1, which is a target of NuA4, also resulted in mutagenic rates of reversion on level with esa1-L254P and yng2Î” mutants, indicating that the histone variant H2A.Z functions in vivo on the TLS branch of DDT. ..
- Lindstrom K, Vary J, Parthun M, Delrow J, Tsukiyama T. Isw1 functions in parallel with the NuA4 and Swr1 complexes in stress-induced gene repression. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6117-29 pubmed..In contrast to a recruitment-based model, we find that the NuA4 and Swr1 complexes act throughout the genome while only a specific subset of the genome shows alterations in transcription. ..
- Utley R, Lacoste N, Jobin Robitaille O, Allard S, Cote J. Regulation of NuA4 histone acetyltransferase activity in transcription and DNA repair by phosphorylation of histone H4. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8179-90 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that H4 phospho-serine 1 regulates chromatin acetylation by the NuA4 complex and that this process is important for normal gene expression and DNA repair. ..
- Szerlong H, Hinata K, Viswanathan R, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Cairns B. The HSA domain binds nuclear actin-related proteins to regulate chromatin-remodeling ATPases. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:469-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we define the role of the HSA domain and provide evidence for a regulatory relationship involving the ARP-HSA module and two new functional domains conserved in remodeler ATPases that contain ARPs. ..
- Hoke S, Irina Mutiu A, Genereaux J, Kvas S, Buck M, Yu M, et al. Mutational analysis of the C-terminal FATC domain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Tra1. Curr Genet. 2010;56:447-65 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the regulatory potential of mechanisms targeting the FATC domains of PIKK proteins. ..
- Galdieri L, Chang J, Mehrotra S, Vancura A. Yeast phospholipase C is required for normal acetyl-CoA homeostasis and global histone acetylation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:27986-98 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that Plc1p and InsPs are required for normal acetyl-CoA homeostasis, which, in turn, regulates global histone acetylation. ..
- Kobor M, Venkatasubrahmanyam S, Meneghini M, Gin J, Jennings J, Link A, et al. A protein complex containing the conserved Swi2/Snf2-related ATPase Swr1p deposits histone variant H2A.Z into euchromatin. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E131 pubmed..H2A.Z and SWR1 were essential for viability of cells lacking the EAF1 component of NuA4, pointing to a close functional connection between these two complexes...
- Zhang H, Richardson D, Roberts D, Utley R, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, et al. The Yaf9 component of the SWR1 and NuA4 complexes is required for proper gene expression, histone H4 acetylation, and Htz1 replacement near telomeres. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9424-36 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that Yaf9 may function in NuA4 and SWR1 complexes to help antagonize silencing near telomeres. ..
- Cheng X, Auger A, Altaf M, Drouin S, Paquet E, Utley R, et al. Eaf1 Links the NuA4 Histone Acetyltransferase Complex to Htz1 Incorporation and Regulation of Purine Biosynthesis. Eukaryot Cell. 2015;14:535-44 pubmed publisher..doi.org/10.1074/jbc.M110.117069). In this work, we investigated the role of the NuA4 scaffold subunit Eaf1 in global gene expression and genome-wide incorporation of Htz1...
- Uprety B, Sen R, Bhaumik S. Eaf1p Is Required for Recruitment of NuA4 in Targeting TFIID to the Promoters of the Ribosomal Protein Genes for Transcriptional Initiation In Vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:2947-64 pubmed publisher..to initiate transcription, and the recruitment of NuA4 to these promoters is impaired in the absence of its Eaf1p component...
- Berset C, Zurbriggen A, Djafarzadeh S, Altmann M, Trachsel H. RNA-binding activity of translation initiation factor eIF4G1 from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 2003;9:871-80 pubmed..These data suggest that RNA-binding activity is required for eIF4G1 function. ..
- Winters C, Hong Brown L, Chiang H. The Shape of Vesicle-Containing Organelles Is Critical for Their Functions in Vesicle Endocytosis. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:909-921 pubmed publisher..In cells lacking either VID27 or VID21, Pil1p distribution was altered and cup-shaped organelles became elongated with narrower openings...