Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dsl1p
Alias: RNS1, Dsl1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ren Y, Yip C, Tripathi A, Huie D, Jeffrey P, Walz T, et al. A structure-based mechanism for vesicle capture by the multisubunit tethering complex Dsl1. Cell. 2009;139:1119-29 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that even the simplest MTC may be capable of orchestrating vesicle capture, uncoating, and fusion...
- Hsia K, Hoelz A. Crystal structure of alpha-COP in complex with epsilon-COP provides insight into the architecture of the COPI vesicular coat. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11271-6 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the heterodimer is exposed on COPI vesicles, while the remaining part of the B-subcomplex oligomerizes underneath into a cage. ..
- Ishikawa T, Unno K, Nonaka G, Nakajima H, Kitamoto K. Isolation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RNase T1 hypersensitive (rns) mutants and genetic analysis of the RNS1/DSL1 gene. J Gen Appl Microbiol. 2005;51:73-82 pubmed..We identified the genes mutated in three of the rns mutants, rns1, rns2, and rns3, as DSL1, UMP1, and SEC17, respectively...
- Tripathi A, Ren Y, Jeffrey P, Hughson F. Structural characterization of Tip20p and Dsl1p, subunits of the Dsl1p vesicle tethering complex. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2009;16:114-23 pubmed publisher..Here we report initial structural characterization of the Dsl1p complex, whose three subunits are essential for trafficking from the Golgi apparatus to the endoplasmic reticulum (..
- Schmitt H. Dsl1p/Zw10: common mechanisms behind tethering vesicles and microtubules. Trends Cell Biol. 2010;20:257-68 pubmed publisher..The complex seems to be designed to expose an unstructured domain of Dsl1p at its top, which is required to capture vesicles...
- Meiringer C, Rethmeier R, Auffarth K, Wilson J, Perz A, Barlowe C, et al. The Dsl1 protein tethering complex is a resident endoplasmic reticulum complex, which interacts with five soluble NSF (N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor) attachment protein receptors (SNAREs): implications for fusion and fusion regulation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:25039-46 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model, in which a tethering complex is stabilized at the organelle membrane by binding to SNAREs, recognizes the incoming vesicle via its coat and then promotes its SNARE-mediated fusion. ..
- Perry R, Mast F, Rachubinski R. Endoplasmic reticulum-associated secretory proteins Sec20p, Sec39p, and Dsl1p are involved in peroxisome biogenesis. Eukaryot Cell. 2009;8:830-43 pubmed publisher..protein chimera Pex3p-GFP localized to tubular-vesicular structures in cells suppressed for Sec20p, Sec39p, and Dsl1p, which form a complex at the ER...