Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DPL1
Description: sphinganine-1-phosphate aldolase DPL1
Alias: BST1, sphinganine-1-phosphate aldolase DPL1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kihara A, Igarashi Y. Cross talk between sphingolipids and glycerophospholipids in the establishment of plasma membrane asymmetry. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4949-59 pubmed..Thus, there seems to be cross talk between sphingolipids and glycerophospholipids in maintaining the functional lipid asymmetry of the plasma membrane...
- Kihara A, Igarashi Y. Identification and characterization of a Saccharomyces cerevisiae gene, RSB1, involved in sphingoid long-chain base release. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:30048-54 pubmed..These results suggest that Rsb1p is a transporter or flippase that translocates LCBs from the cytoplasmic side toward the extracytoplasmic side of the membrane. ..
- Saba J, Nara F, Bielawska A, Garrett S, Hannun Y. The BST1 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the sphingosine-1-phosphate lyase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:26087-90 pubmed..A yeast genetic approach was used to clone the first sphingosine phosphate lyase gene, BST1. BST1 overexpression conferred resistance to sphingosine in yeast...
- Grote E, Vlacich G, Pypaert M, Novick P. A snc1 endocytosis mutant: phenotypic analysis and suppression by overproduction of dihydrosphingosine phosphate lyase. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:4051-65 pubmed..However, cells continue to grow and secrete for several hours after de novo Snc2-M42A synthesis is repressed. DPL1, the structural gene for dihydrosphingosine phosphate lyase, was selected as a high copy number snc1-M43A ..
- Mukhopadhyay D, Howell K, Riezman H, Capitani G. Identifying key residues of sphinganine-1-phosphate lyase for function in vivo and in vitro. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:20159-69 pubmed publisher..Importantly, we demonstrate that Dpl1p exists as an oligomer and that polar residues in its transmembrane domain are required for its full function in vivo but not for its localization or for its catalytic activity in vitro. ..