Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DPB4
Description: DNA polymerase epsilon noncatalytic subunit
Alias: DNA polymerase epsilon noncatalytic subunit
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Asturias F, Cheung I, Sabouri N, Chilkova O, Wepplo D, Johansson E. Structure of Saccharomyces cerevisiae DNA polymerase epsilon by cryo-electron microscopy. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2006;13:35-43 pubmed..the catalytic Pol2 subunit is flexibly connected to an extended structure formed by subunits Dpb2, Dpb3 and Dpb4. Consistent with the reported involvement of the latter in interaction with nucleic acids, the Dpb portion of the ..
- Ohya T, Maki S, Kawasaki Y, Sugino A. Structure and function of the fourth subunit (Dpb4p) of DNA polymerase epsilon in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:3846-52 pubmed..cerevisiae chromosome IV. Thus, YDR121w was renamed DPB4. A deletion mutant of DPB4 (Deltadpb4) is not lethal, but chromosomal DNA replication is slightly disturbed in this ..
- Tsubota T, Maki S, Kubota H, Sugino A, Maki H. Double-stranded DNA binding properties of Saccharomyces cerevisiae DNA polymerase epsilon and of the Dpb3p-Dpb4p subassembly. Genes Cells. 2003;8:873-88 pubmed..One of these sites has a strong affinity for dsDNA, a feature that is not generally associated with DNA polymerases. Involvement of the Dpb3p-Dpb4p complex in the dsDNA-binding of Pol epsilon is inferred. ..
- Dua R, Levy D, Li C, Snow P, Campbell J. In vivo reconstitution of Saccharomyces cerevisiae DNA polymerase epsilon in insect cells. Purification and characterization. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7889-96 pubmed..Mutations of the conserved cysteines in the putative zinc finger domain reduced zinc binding, indicating that cysteine ligands are directly involved in binding zinc. ..
- Tackett A, Dilworth D, Davey M, O DONNELL M, Aitchison J, Rout M, et al. Proteomic and genomic characterization of chromatin complexes at a boundary. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:35-47 pubmed..We show that these complexes are important for the faithful maintenance of an established boundary, as disruption of the complexes results in specific, anomalous alterations of the silent and active epigenetic states. ..
- Aksenova A, Volkov K, Maceluch J, Pursell Z, Rogozin I, Kunkel T, et al. Mismatch repair-independent increase in spontaneous mutagenesis in yeast lacking non-essential subunits of DNA polymerase ?. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001209 pubmed publisher..active sites, Pol ? also has one essential subunit (Dpb2) and two smaller, non-essential subunits (Dpb3 and Dpb4) whose functions are not fully understood...
- Krajewski W. Isw1a does not have strict limitations on the length of extranucleosomal DNAs for mobilization of nucleosomes assembled with HeLa cell histones. J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2014;32:523-31 pubmed publisher..The results also suggest that Isw1a and Isw2 can mobilize nucleosomes with unfavorably short linker DNA lengths, and the presence of internucleosomal interactions promotes mobilization of nucleosomes even when the linkers are short. ..
- Deshpande A, Ivanova I, Raykov V, Xue Y, Maringele L. Polymerase epsilon is required to maintain replicative senescence. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:1637-45 pubmed publisher..Every time resection and resynthesis switches, a fresh signal initiates, thus preventing checkpoint adaptation and ensuring the permanent character of senescence. ..
- Frýdlová I, Basler M, Vasicová P, Malcová I, Hasek J. Special type of pheromone-induced invasive growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 2007;52:87-95 pubmed..We suggest that partial dependence of the isw2Delta MATalpha invasion on Fus3p and Aga1p corresponds to a weaker pheromone response of this mutant. ..
- Krajewski W, Reese J. SET domains of histone methyltransferases recognize ISWI-remodeled nucleosomal species. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:552-64 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals novel insights into the mechanism of how SET domains recognize different chromatin states and specify histone methylation at active loci. ..
- Paek A, Jones H, Kaochar S, Weinert T. The role of replication bypass pathways in dicentric chromosome formation in budding yeast. Genetics. 2010;186:1161-73 pubmed publisher..Fourth, by studying genes implicated in suppression of GCRs in other studies, we found that inverted repeat fusion has a profile of genetic regulation distinct from these other major forms of GCR formation. ..
- Isoz I, Persson U, Volkov K, Johansson E. The C-terminus of Dpb2 is required for interaction with Pol2 and for cell viability. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:11545-53 pubmed publisher..Pol ? comprises four subunits: the catalytic subunit, Pol2, and three accessory subunits, Dpb2, Dpb3 and Dpb4. DPB2 is an essential gene with unclear function. A genetic screen was performed in S...
- Koren A, Soifer I, Barkai N. MRC1-dependent scaling of the budding yeast DNA replication timing program. Genome Res. 2010;20:781-90 pubmed publisher..Mrc1 emerges as a regulator of this robustness of the replication program. ..
- Okimoto H, Tanaka S, Araki H, Ohashi E, Tsurimoto T. Conserved interaction of Ctf18-RFC with DNA polymerase ? is critical for maintenance of genome stability in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Cells. 2016;21:482-91 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the Ctf18-RFC/Pol? interaction plays a crucial role in maintaining genome stability in budding yeast, probably through recruitment of this PCNA loader to the replication fork. ..
- Dechassa M, Hota S, Sen P, Chatterjee N, Prasad P, Bartholomew B. Disparity in the DNA translocase domains of SWI/SNF and ISW2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:4412-21 pubmed publisher..These differences are likely mediated through interactions with the histone surface. The placement of SWI/SNF between the octamer and DNA could make it easier to disrupt histone-DNA interactions. ..
- Dhillon N, Raab J, Guzzo J, Szyjka S, Gangadharan S, Aparicio O, et al. DNA polymerase epsilon, acetylases and remodellers cooperate to form a specialized chromatin structure at a tRNA insulator. EMBO J. 2009;28:2583-600 pubmed publisher..Robust insulation during growth and cell division involves the formation of a hypersensitive site at the insulator during chromatin maturation together with competition between acetylases and deacetylases. ..
- Ganai R, Osterman P, Johansson E. Yeast DNA polymerase Ïµ catalytic core and holoenzyme have comparable catalytic rates. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:3825-35 pubmed publisherThe holoenzyme of yeast DNA polymerase Ïµ (Pol Ïµ) consists of four subunits: Pol2, Dpb2, Dpb3, and Dpb4. A protease-sensitive site results in an N-terminal proteolytic fragment of Pol2, called Pol2core, that consists of the catalytic ..
- Tsubota T, Tajima R, Ode K, Kubota H, Fukuhara N, Kawabata T, et al. Double-stranded DNA binding, an unusual property of DNA polymerase epsilon, promotes epigenetic silencing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:32898-908 pubmed..We conclude that the dsDNA-binding property of Pol epsilon is required for epigenetic silencing at telomeres. ..
- Puddu F, Piergiovanni G, Plevani P, Muzi Falconi M. Sensing of replication stress and Mec1 activation act through two independent pathways involving the 9-1-1 complex and DNA polymerase ?. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002022 pubmed publisher..A similar phenotype is observed when both the 9-1-1 complex and the Dpb4 non-essential subunit of DNA polymerase ? (Pol?) are contemporarily absent, indicating that checkpoint activation ..
- Langston L, Zhang D, Yurieva O, Georgescu R, Finkelstein J, Yao N, et al. CMG helicase and DNA polymerase Îµ form a functional 15-subunit holoenzyme for eukaryotic leading-strand DNA replication. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:15390-5 pubmed publisher..Direct binding between Pol Îµ and CMG provides an explanation for specific targeting of Pol Îµ to the leading strand and provides clear mechanistic evidence for how strand asymmetry is maintained in eukaryotes. ..
- Estruch F, Peiró Chova L, Gómez Navarro N, Durbán J, Hodge C, del Olmo M, et al. A genetic screen in Saccharomyces cerevisiae identifies new genes that interact with mex67-5, a temperature-sensitive allele of the gene encoding the mRNA export receptor. Mol Genet Genomics. 2009;281:125-34 pubmed publisher..Finally, our results also uncovered genetic connections between Mex67p and the poly(A) nuclease complex and with components of chromatin boundary elements. ..