Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DPB3
Description: DNA polymerase epsilon noncatalytic subunit
Alias: DNA polymerase epsilon noncatalytic subunit
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Iida T, Araki H. Noncompetitive counteractions of DNA polymerase epsilon and ISW2/yCHRAC for epigenetic inheritance of telomere position effect in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:217-27 pubmed..epsilon (Pol epsilon) or lacking one of the nonessential and histone fold motif-containing subunits of Pol epsilon, Dpb3 and Dpb4...
- Asturias F, Cheung I, Sabouri N, Chilkova O, Wepplo D, Johansson E. Structure of Saccharomyces cerevisiae DNA polymerase epsilon by cryo-electron microscopy. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2006;13:35-43 pubmed..comprising the catalytic Pol2 subunit is flexibly connected to an extended structure formed by subunits Dpb2, Dpb3 and Dpb4...
- Aksenova A, Volkov K, Maceluch J, Pursell Z, Rogozin I, Kunkel T, et al. Mismatch repair-independent increase in spontaneous mutagenesis in yeast lacking non-essential subunits of DNA polymerase ?. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001209 pubmed publisher..exonuclease active sites, Pol ? also has one essential subunit (Dpb2) and two smaller, non-essential subunits (Dpb3 and Dpb4) whose functions are not fully understood...
- Tackett A, Dilworth D, Davey M, O DONNELL M, Aitchison J, Rout M, et al. Proteomic and genomic characterization of chromatin complexes at a boundary. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:35-47 pubmed..We show that these complexes are important for the faithful maintenance of an established boundary, as disruption of the complexes results in specific, anomalous alterations of the silent and active epigenetic states. ..
- Burgers P. Eukaryotic DNA polymerases in DNA replication and DNA repair. Chromosoma. 1998;107:218-27 pubmed..The role of DNA polymerase beta in base-excision repair is well established for mammalian systems, but in yeast, DNA polymerase delta appears to fulfill that function. ..
- Pavlov Y, Maki S, Maki H, Kunkel T. Evidence for interplay among yeast replicative DNA polymerases alpha, delta and epsilon from studies of exonuclease and polymerase active site mutations. BMC Biol. 2004;2:11 pubmed..This suggests that other polymerases can substitute for certain functions of polymerase epsilon. ..
- Northam M, Garg P, Baitin D, Burgers P, Shcherbakova P. A novel function of DNA polymerase zeta regulated by PCNA. EMBO J. 2006;25:4316-25 pubmed
- Kawasaki Y, Hiraga S, Sugino A. Interactions between Mcm10p and other replication factors are required for proper initiation and elongation of chromosomal DNA replication in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Cells. 2000;5:975-89 pubmed
- Tsubota T, Tajima R, Ode K, Kubota H, Fukuhara N, Kawabata T, et al. Double-stranded DNA binding, an unusual property of DNA polymerase epsilon, promotes epigenetic silencing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:32898-908 pubmed..The lysine-substituted dpb3 mutants also displayed reduced telomeric silencing, whose degree paralleled that of the dsDNA-binding activity of ..
- Libuda D, Winston F. Alterations in DNA replication and histone levels promote histone gene amplification in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2010;184:985-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that either reduced histone levels or slowed replication forks stimulate the HTA2-HTB2 amplification event, contributing to the restoration of normal chromatin structure. ..
- Paek A, Jones H, Kaochar S, Weinert T. The role of replication bypass pathways in dicentric chromosome formation in budding yeast. Genetics. 2010;186:1161-73 pubmed publisher..Fourth, by studying genes implicated in suppression of GCRs in other studies, we found that inverted repeat fusion has a profile of genetic regulation distinct from these other major forms of GCR formation. ..
- Langston L, Zhang D, Yurieva O, Georgescu R, Finkelstein J, Yao N, et al. CMG helicase and DNA polymerase Îµ form a functional 15-subunit holoenzyme for eukaryotic leading-strand DNA replication. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:15390-5 pubmed publisher..Direct binding between Pol Îµ and CMG provides an explanation for specific targeting of Pol Îµ to the leading strand and provides clear mechanistic evidence for how strand asymmetry is maintained in eukaryotes. ..
- Okimoto H, Tanaka S, Araki H, Ohashi E, Tsurimoto T. Conserved interaction of Ctf18-RFC with DNA polymerase ? is critical for maintenance of genome stability in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Cells. 2016;21:482-91 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the Ctf18-RFC/Pol? interaction plays a crucial role in maintaining genome stability in budding yeast, probably through recruitment of this PCNA loader to the replication fork. ..
- Ganai R, Osterman P, Johansson E. Yeast DNA polymerase Ïµ catalytic core and holoenzyme have comparable catalytic rates. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:3825-35 pubmed publisherThe holoenzyme of yeast DNA polymerase Ïµ (Pol Ïµ) consists of four subunits: Pol2, Dpb2, Dpb3, and Dpb4...
- Isoz I, Persson U, Volkov K, Johansson E. The C-terminus of Dpb2 is required for interaction with Pol2 and for cell viability. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:11545-53 pubmed publisher..Pol ? comprises four subunits: the catalytic subunit, Pol2, and three accessory subunits, Dpb2, Dpb3 and Dpb4. DPB2 is an essential gene with unclear function. A genetic screen was performed in S...
- Deshpande A, Ivanova I, Raykov V, Xue Y, Maringele L. Polymerase epsilon is required to maintain replicative senescence. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:1637-45 pubmed publisher..Every time resection and resynthesis switches, a fresh signal initiates, thus preventing checkpoint adaptation and ensuring the permanent character of senescence. ..
- Kamimura Y, Masumoto H, Sugino A, Araki H. Sld2, which interacts with Dpb11 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is required for chromosomal DNA replication. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:6102-9 pubmed..These results strongly suggest the involvement of the Dpb11-Sld2 complex in a step close to the initiation of DNA replication. ..
- Koren A, Soifer I, Barkai N. MRC1-dependent scaling of the budding yeast DNA replication timing program. Genome Res. 2010;20:781-90 pubmed publisher..Mrc1 emerges as a regulator of this robustness of the replication program. ..
- Dhillon N, Raab J, Guzzo J, Szyjka S, Gangadharan S, Aparicio O, et al. DNA polymerase epsilon, acetylases and remodellers cooperate to form a specialized chromatin structure at a tRNA insulator. EMBO J. 2009;28:2583-600 pubmed publisher..Robust insulation during growth and cell division involves the formation of a hypersensitive site at the insulator during chromatin maturation together with competition between acetylases and deacetylases. ..
- Kolodner R, Marsischky G. Eukaryotic DNA mismatch repair. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1999;9:89-96 pubmed..MMR proteins function in these processes in conjunction with components of nucleotide excision repair (NER) and, possibly, recombination. ..