Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DOC1
Description: anaphase promoting complex subunit DOC1
Alias: APC10, anaphase promoting complex subunit DOC1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Passmore L, Barford D, Harper J. Purification and assay of the budding yeast anaphase-promoting complex. Methods Enzymol. 2005;398:195-219 pubmed..Activity assays toward several endogenous substrates, including Clb2 and Pds1, are described. In addition, methods for observation of APC-coactivator and APC-substrate complexes by native gel electrophoresis are described. ..
- Carroll C, Enquist Newman M, Morgan D. The APC subunit Doc1 promotes recognition of the substrate destruction box. Curr Biol. 2005;15:11-8 pubmed..Recent evidence, however, suggests that the core APC subunit Doc1 also contributes to substrate recognition...
- Zachariae W, Shevchenko A, Andrews P, Ciosk R, Galova M, Stark M, et al. Mass spectrometric analysis of the anaphase-promoting complex from yeast: identification of a subunit related to cullins. Science. 1998;279:1216-9 pubmed..Apc2p is similar to the cullin Cdc53p, which is a subunit of the ubiquitin-protein ligase complex SCFCdc4 required for the initiation of DNA replication. ..
- Turner E, Malo M, Pisclevich M, Dash M, Davies G, Arnason T, et al. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae anaphase-promoting complex interacts with multiple histone-modifying enzymes to regulate cell cycle progression. Eukaryot Cell. 2010;9:1418-31 pubmed publisher..To progress into S, we propose that at least Gcn5 must then be targeted for degradation in an APC-dependent fashion. ..
- Harkness T, Arnason T, Legrand C, Pisclevich M, Davies G, Turner E. Contribution of CAF-I to anaphase-promoting-complex-mediated mitotic chromatin assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:673-84 pubmed..However, Asf1p and an intact CAF-I complex are dispensable for CAF-I subunit suppression, whereas CAF-I is necessary for ASF1, HIR1, and HIR2 suppression of apc5(CA) phenotypes. We discuss the implications of our observations. ..
- Harkness T, Davies G, Ramaswamy V, Arnason T. The ubiquitin-dependent targeting pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae plays a critical role in multiple chromatin assembly regulatory steps. Genetics. 2002;162:615-32 pubmed..The finding that the distinctly different E3 enzymes, APC and Rsp5p, both play roles in regulating chromatin assembly highlight the depth of the regulatory networks at play. The significance of these findings will be discussed. ..
- Hall M, Torres M, Schroeder G, Borchers C. Mnd2 and Swm1 are core subunits of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae anaphase-promoting complex. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:16698-705 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that Swm1 and Mnd2 are functional components of the yeast APC. ..
- Carroll C, Morgan D. The Doc1 subunit is a processivity factor for the anaphase-promoting complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:880-7 pubmed..Analysis of mutant APC lacking the Doc1/Apc10 subunit (APC(doc1 Delta)) indicates that Doc1 is required for processivity...
- Camasses A, Bogdanova A, Shevchenko A, Zachariae W. The CCT chaperonin promotes activation of the anaphase-promoting complex through the generation of functional Cdc20. Mol Cell. 2003;12:87-100 pubmed..We propose that folding of the Cdc20 family of APC/C activators is an essential and evolutionary conserved function of the CCT chaperonin. ..
- Chanet R, Heude M. Characterization of mutations that are synthetic lethal with pol3-13, a mutated allele of DNA polymerase delta in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 2003;43:337-50 pubmed..in the Ras-cAMP signal transduction pathway (MKS1), in nuclear pore metabolism (SEH1), in protein degradation (DOC1) and in folding (YDJ1). Finally, mutations in three genes of unknown function were isolated (NBP35, DRE2, TAH18)...
- Menzel J, Malo M, Chan C, Prusinkiewicz M, Arnason T, Harkness T. The anaphase promoting complex regulates yeast lifespan and rDNA stability by targeting Fob1 for degradation. Genetics. 2014;196:693-709 pubmed publisher..Deletion of FOB1 increased replicative lifespan (RLS) in wild type (WT), apc5(CA), and apc10 cells, and suppressed apc5(CA) cell cycle progression and rDNA recombination defects...
- Lau A, Inuzuka H, Fukushima H, Wan L, Liu P, Gao D, et al. Regulation of APC(Cdh1) E3 ligase activity by the Fbw7/cyclin E signaling axis contributes to the tumor suppressor function of Fbw7. Cell Res. 2013;23:947-61 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a better understanding of the tumor suppressor function of Fbw7, and suggests that Cdk2/cyclin E inhibitors could serve as effective therapeutic agents for treating Fbw7-deficient tumors. ..
- Buschhorn B, Petzold G, Galova M, Dube P, Kraft C, Herzog F, et al. Substrate binding on the APC/C occurs between the coactivator Cdh1 and the processivity factor Doc1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:6-13 pubmed publisher..and electron microscopic analyses of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and human APC/C to address how the APC/C subunit Doc1 contributes to recruitment and processive ubiquitylation of APC/C substrates, and to understand how APC/C monomers ..
- Ostapenko D, Solomon M. Anaphase promoting complex-dependent degradation of transcriptional repressors Nrm1 and Yhp1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2175-84 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in addition to its known functions, APC-mediated targeting of Nrm1 and Yhp1 coordinates transcription of multiple genes in G1 with other cell cycle events. ..
- Page A, Aneliunas V, Lamb J, Hieter P. In vivo characterization of the nonessential budding yeast anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome components Swm1p, Mnd2p and Apc9p. Genetics. 2005;170:1045-62 pubmed..Furthermore, the role of Apc9p in APC/C-dependent ubiquitination may be limited to the proteolysis of a select number of substrates. ..
- Woodruff J, Drubin D, Barnes G. Spindle assembly requires complete disassembly of spindle remnants from the previous cell cycle. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:258-67 pubmed publisher..compromised for the kinesin-8 and anaphase-promoting complex-driven spindle-disassembly pathways (td-kip3 and doc1?, respectively)...
- da Fonseca P, Kong E, Zhang Z, Schreiber A, Williams M, Morris E, et al. Structures of APC/C(Cdh1) with substrates identify Cdh1 and Apc10 as the D-box co-receptor. Nature. 2011;470:274-8 pubmed publisher..catalytic and substrate-recognition module is located within the central cavity of the APC/C assembled from Cdh1, Apc10--a core APC/C subunit previously implicated in substrate recognition--and the cullin domain of Apc2...
- Malo M, Postnikoff S, Arnason T, Harkness T. Mitotic degradation of yeast Fkh1 by the Anaphase Promoting Complex is required for normal longevity, genomic stability and stress resistance. Aging (Albany NY). 2016;8:810-30 pubmed publisher..This is significant to many fields as these results impact our understanding of the mechanisms underpinning the control of aging and cancer. ..
- Ramaswamy V, Williams J, Robinson K, Sopko R, Schultz M. Global control of histone modification by the anaphase-promoting complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:9136-49 pubmed
- Irniger S, Baumer M, Braus G. Glucose and ras activity influence the ubiquitin ligases APC/C and SCF in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2000;154:1509-21 pubmed..We found that apc10-22 and other mutants defective in the APC/C are suppressed by reduced Ras signaling activity, by a deletion of the ..
- Rudner A, Hardwick K, Murray A. Cdc28 activates exit from mitosis in budding yeast. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:1361-76 pubmed..The defects of CDC28-VF suggest that Cdc28 activity is required to induce the metaphase to anaphase transition and initiate the transition from anaphase to G1 in budding yeast...
- Blethrow J, Tang C, Deng C, Krutchinsky A. Modular mass spectrometric tool for analysis of composition and phosphorylation of protein complexes. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e358 pubmed
- Oelschlaegel T, Schwickart M, Matos J, Bogdanova A, Camasses A, Havlis J, et al. The yeast APC/C subunit Mnd2 prevents premature sister chromatid separation triggered by the meiosis-specific APC/C-Ama1. Cell. 2005;120:773-88 pubmed..In vitro, Mnd2 inhibits ubiquitination of Pds1 by APC/C-Ama1 but not by other APC/C holo-enzymes. We conclude that chromosome segregation in meiosis depends on the selective inhibition of a meiosis-specific form of the APC/C. ..
- Bolte M, Dieckhoff P, Krause C, Braus G, Irniger S. Synergistic inhibition of APC/C by glucose and activated Ras proteins can be mediated by each of the Tpk1-3 proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Microbiology. 2003;149:1205-16 pubmed..However, Tpk2 seems to inhibit APC/C function more efficiently than Tpk1 and Tpk3. Finally, evidence is provided that Cdc20 is involved in APC/C regulation by the cAMP/PKA pathway. ..