Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DNF2
Description: aminophospholipid-translocating P4-type ATPase DNF2
Alias: aminophospholipid-translocating P4-type ATPase DNF2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Niles B, Joslin A, Fresques T, Powers T. TOR complex 2-Ypk1 signaling maintains sphingolipid homeostasis by sensing and regulating ROS accumulation. Cell Rep. 2014;6:541-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, ROS sensing and signaling by TORC2/Ypk1 play a central physiological role in sphingolipid biosynthesis and in the maintenance of cell growth and viability. ..
- Baldridge R, Graham T. Identification of residues defining phospholipid flippase substrate specificity of type IV P-type ATPases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E290-8 pubmed publisher..Modeling of residues involved in substrate selection suggests a novel P-type ATPase transport pathway at the protein/lipid interface and a potential solution to the giant substrate problem. ..
- Stone A, Chau C, Eaton C, Foran E, Kapur M, Prevatt E, et al. Biochemical characterization of P4-ATPase mutations identified in patients with progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:41139-51 pubmed publisher..The results of these measurements have implications for the basis of the disease and for the mechanism of phospholipid transit through the enzyme during the reaction cycle...
- Riekhof W, Voelker D. Uptake and utilization of lyso-phosphatidylethanolamine by Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:36588-96 pubmed
- Sartorel E, Barrey E, Lau R, Thorner J. Plasma membrane aminoglycerolipid flippase function is required for signaling competence in the yeast mating pheromone response pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:134-50 pubmed publisher..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, five related gene products (Dnf1, Dnf2, Dnf3, Drs2, and Neo1) are implicated in flipping of phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylserine, and ..
- Roelants F, Su B, von Wulffen J, Ramachandran S, Sartorel E, TROTT A, et al. Protein kinase Gin4 negatively regulates flippase function and controls plasma membrane asymmetry. J Cell Biol. 2015;208:299-311 pubmed publisher..Two of the P-type ATPases (flippases) in yeast, Dnf1 and Dnf2, translocate aminoglycerophospholipids from the outer to the inner leaflet, stimulated via phosphorylation by ..