Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DNF1
Description: aminophospholipid-translocating P4-type ATPase DNF1
Alias: aminophospholipid-translocating P4-type ATPase DNF1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Takeda M, Yamagami K, Tanaka K. Role of phosphatidylserine in phospholipid flippase-mediated vesicle transport in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2014;13:363-75 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that flippase-dependent vesicle formation is mediated by phospholipid flipping, not by flipped phospholipids. ..
- Furuta N, Fujimura Kamada K, Saito K, Yamamoto T, Tanaka K. Endocytic recycling in yeast is regulated by putative phospholipid translocases and the Ypt31p/32p-Rcy1p pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:295-312 pubmed..We propose that the Ypt31p/32p-Rcy1p pathway regulates putative phospholipid translocases to promote formation of vesicles destined for the trans-Golgi network from early endosomes. ..
- Riekhof W, Wu J, Gijón M, Zarini S, Murphy R, Voelker D. Lysophosphatidylcholine metabolism in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: the role of P-type ATPases in transport and a broad specificity acyltransferase in acylation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36853-61 pubmed..These results establish a new pathway for the net synthesis of PtdCho in yeast and provide new tools for the study of PtdCho synthesis, transport, and remodeling...
- Liu K, Hua Z, Nepute J, Graham T. Yeast P4-ATPases Drs2p and Dnf1p are essential cargos of the NPFXD/Sla1p endocytic pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:487-500 pubmed..These results demonstrate an essential role for endocytosis in retrieving proteins back to the Golgi, and they define critical cargos of the NPFXD/Sla1p system...
- Niles B, Joslin A, Fresques T, Powers T. TOR complex 2-Ypk1 signaling maintains sphingolipid homeostasis by sensing and regulating ROS accumulation. Cell Rep. 2014;6:541-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, ROS sensing and signaling by TORC2/Ypk1 play a central physiological role in sphingolipid biosynthesis and in the maintenance of cell growth and viability. ..
- Saito K, Fujimura Kamada K, Furuta N, Kato U, Umeda M, Tanaka K. Cdc50p, a protein required for polarized growth, associates with the Drs2p P-type ATPase implicated in phospholipid translocation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3418-32 pubmed..Thus, phospholipid asymmetry plays an important role in the establishment of cell polarity; the Cdc50p/Lem3p family likely constitute potential subunits specific to unique P-type ATPases of the APT subfamily...
- Baldridge R, Xu P, Graham T. Type IV P-type ATPases distinguish mono- versus diacyl phosphatidylserine using a cytofacial exit gate in the membrane domain. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:19516-27 pubmed publisher..Preferred translocation substrates for the budding yeast P4-ATPases Dnf1 and Dnf2 include lysophosphatidylcholine, lysophosphatidylethanolamine, derivatives of phosphatidylcholine and ..
- Puts C, Panatala R, Hennrich H, Tsareva A, Williamson P, Holthuis J. Mapping functional interactions in a heterodimeric phospholipid pump. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:30529-40 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data indicate that a dynamic association between subunit and transporter is crucial for the transport reaction cycle of the heterodimer. ..
- Das A, Slaughter B, Unruh J, Bradford W, Alexander R, Rubinstein B, et al. Flippase-mediated phospholipid asymmetry promotes fast Cdc42 recycling in dynamic maintenance of cell polarity. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:304-10 pubmed publisher..Here we find that a lipid flippase complex, composed of Lem3, Dnf1 or Dnf2, has a role in the dynamic recycling of the Cdc42 GTPase, a key regulator of cell polarity, in yeast...
- Catty P, de Kerchove d Exaerde A, Goffeau A. The complete inventory of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae P-type transport ATPases. FEBS Lett. 1997;409:325-32 pubmed..It is proposed that the latter family which has homologs in Tetrahymena thermophila, Plasmodium falciparum and Caenorhabditis elegans constitutes a new group called P4-ATPases with characteristic topology and aminoacid signatures. ..
- Sartorel E, Barrey E, Lau R, Thorner J. Plasma membrane aminoglycerolipid flippase function is required for signaling competence in the yeast mating pheromone response pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:134-50 pubmed publisher..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, five related gene products (Dnf1, Dnf2, Dnf3, Drs2, and Neo1) are implicated in flipping of phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylserine, and ..
- Yamagami K, Yamamoto T, Sakai S, Mioka T, Sano T, Igarashi Y, et al. Inositol depletion restores vesicle transport in yeast phospholipid flippase mutants. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120108 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that inositol depletion changes the lipid composition of the endosomal/TGN membranes, which results in vesicle formation from these membranes in the absence of flippases. ..
- Roland B, Graham T. Directed evolution of a sphingomyelin flippase reveals mechanism of substrate backbone discrimination by a P4-ATPase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E4460-6 pubmed publisher..screen in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae has identified several gain-of-function mutations in the P4-ATPase Dnf1 that facilitate the transport of a novel lipid substrate, sphingomyelin...
- Roelants F, Su B, von Wulffen J, Ramachandran S, Sartorel E, TROTT A, et al. Protein kinase Gin4 negatively regulates flippase function and controls plasma membrane asymmetry. J Cell Biol. 2015;208:299-311 pubmed publisher..Two of the P-type ATPases (flippases) in yeast, Dnf1 and Dnf2, translocate aminoglycerophospholipids from the outer to the inner leaflet, stimulated via phosphorylation ..
- Benito B, Garciadeblas B, Rodríguez Navarro A. Potassium- or sodium-efflux ATPase, a key enzyme in the evolution of fungi. Microbiology. 2002;148:933-41 pubmed..The parasites Leishmania and Trypanosoma have ATPases phylogenetically related to fungal K(+)-ATPases, which are probably functional homologues of the fungal enzymes. ..
- Riekhof W, Voelker D. Uptake and utilization of lyso-phosphatidylethanolamine by Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:36588-96 pubmed
- Xu P, Baldridge R, Chi R, Burd C, Graham T. Phosphatidylserine flipping enhances membrane curvature and negative charge required for vesicular transport. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:875-86 pubmed publisher..Using mutant forms of Drs2 and the related protein Dnf1, which alter their ability to recognize phosphatidylserine, we show that translocation of this substrate to the ..
- Puts C, Lenoir G, Krijgsveld J, Williamson P, Holthuis J. A P4-ATPase protein interaction network reveals a link between aminophospholipid transport and phosphoinositide metabolism. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:833-42 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that aminophospholipid transport and phosphoinositide metabolism are interconnected at the Golgi. ..