Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DID4
Description: ESCRT-III subunit protein DID4
Alias: CHM2, GRD7, REN1, VPL2, VPS14, VPS2, VPT14, ESCRT-III subunit protein DID4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Wollert T, Wunder C, Lippincott Schwartz J, Hurley J. Membrane scission by the ESCRT-III complex. Nature. 2009;458:172-7 pubmed publisher..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, ESCRT-III consists of Vps20, Snf7, Vps24 and Vps2 (also known as Did4), which assemble in that order and require the ATPase Vps4 for their disassembly...
- Nothwehr S, Bryant N, Stevens T. The newly identified yeast GRD genes are required for retention of late-Golgi membrane proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:2700-7 pubmed..All of the grd mutants exhibited significant mislocalization of A-ALP, as measured by determining the kinetics of A-ALP processing and by analyzing its ..
- Palmer S, Smaczynska de Rooij I, Marklew C, Allwood E, Mishra R, Johnson S, et al. A dynamin-actin interaction is required for vesicle scission during endocytosis in yeast. Curr Biol. 2015;25:868-78 pubmed publisher..A model is proposed in which actin filaments bind Vps1 during invagination, and this interaction is important to transduce the force of actin polymerization to the membrane to drive successful scission. ..
- Amerik A, Nowak J, Swaminathan S, Hochstrasser M. The Doa4 deubiquitinating enzyme is functionally linked to the vacuolar protein-sorting and endocytic pathways. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3365-80 pubmed
- Adell M, Vogel G, Pakdel M, M ller M, Lindner H, Hess M, et al. Coordinated binding of Vps4 to ESCRT-III drives membrane neck constriction during MVB vesicle formation. J Cell Biol. 2014;205:33-49 pubmed publisher..ESCRT-II also initiates the assembly of a ringlike ESCRT-III filament consisting of Vps20, Snf7, Vps24, and Vps2. The AAA-adenosine triphosphatase Vps4 disassembles and recycles the ESCRT-III complex, thereby terminating the ..
- Hayashi M, Fukuzawa T, Sorimachi H, Maeda T. Constitutive activation of the pH-responsive Rim101 pathway in yeast mutants defective in late steps of the MVB/ESCRT pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9478-90 pubmed..Three identified suppressors-did4/vps2, vps24, and vps4-all belonged to "class E" vps mutants, which are commonly defective in ..
- Bowers K, Lottridge J, Helliwell S, Goldthwaite L, Luzio J, Stevens T. Protein-protein interactions of ESCRT complexes in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Traffic. 2004;5:194-210 pubmed..We propose the formation of a large multimeric complex on the endosome membrane consisting of ESCRTI, ESCRTII, ESCRTIII and other associated proteins. ..
- Vajjhala P, Catchpoole E, Nguyen C, Kistler C, Munn A. Vps4 regulates a subset of protein interactions at the multivesicular endosome. FEBS J. 2007;274:1894-907 pubmed..We demonstrate that Vps4 interacts directly with Vps2 and Bro1...
- Peters T, Miller A, Tourette C, Agren H, Hubbard A, Hughes R. Genomic Analysis of ATP Efflux in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;6:161-70 pubmed publisher..These results will facilitate analysis of ATP efflux mechanisms in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Han H, Monroe N, Votteler J, Shakya B, Sundquist W, Hill C. Binding of Substrates to the Central Pore of the Vps4 ATPase Is Autoinhibited by the Microtubule Interacting and Trafficking (MIT) Domain and Activated by MIT Interacting Motifs (MIMs). J Biol Chem. 2015;290:13490-9 pubmed publisher..These observations support the model that Vps4 substrates are initially recruited by an MIM-MIT interaction that activates the Vps4 central pore to engage substrates and generate force, thereby triggering ESCRT-III disassembly. ..