Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DIA2
Description: DNA-binding SCF ubiquitin ligase subunit DIA2
Alias: YOR29-31, DNA-binding SCF ubiquitin ligase subunit DIA2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Maric M, Maculins T, De Piccoli G, Labib K. Cdc48 and a ubiquitin ligase drive disassembly of the CMG helicase at the end of DNA replication. Science. 2014;346:1253596 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the ubiquitin ligase known as SCF(Dia2) promotes ubiquitylation of CMG during the final stages of chromosome replication in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Kim D, Zhang W, Koepp D. The Hect domain E3 ligase Tom1 and the F-box protein Dia2 control Cdc6 degradation in G1 phase. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:44212-20 pubmed publisher..we identified two additional E3 ubiquitin ligase components required for Cdc6 degradation, the F-box protein Dia2 and the Hect domain E3 Tom1...
- Chaudhury I, Koepp D. Degradation of Mrc1 promotes recombination-mediated restart of stalled replication forks. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:2558-2570 pubmed publisher..Using DNA fiber analysis, we showed that Dia2 functions with the Sgs1 and Mph1 helicases (orthologs of human BLM and FANCM, respectively) in the recombination-..
- Gómez González B, Felipe Abrio I, Aguilera A. The S-phase checkpoint is required to respond to R-loops accumulated in THO mutants. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:5203-13 pubmed publisher..In light of these results, we propose a model in which R-loop-mediated recombination is explained by template switching. ..
- Fong C, Arumugam A, Koepp D. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae F-box protein Dia2 is a mediator of S-phase checkpoint recovery from DNA damage. Genetics. 2013;193:483-99 pubmed publisher..In this study, we identify the Saccharomyces cerevisiae F-box protein Dia2 as a novel player in the S-phase checkpoint recovery pathway...
- Kim D, Koepp D. Hect E3 ubiquitin ligase Tom1 controls Dia2 degradation during the cell cycle. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4203-11 pubmed publisherThe ubiquitin proteasome system plays a pivotal role in controlling the cell cycle. The budding yeast F-box protein Dia2 is required for genomic stability and is targeted for ubiquitin-dependent degradation in a cell cycle-dependent ..
- Maculins T, Nkosi P, Nishikawa H, Labib K. Tethering of SCF(Dia2) to the Replisome Promotes Efficient Ubiquitylation and Disassembly of the CMG Helicase. Curr Biol. 2015;25:2254-9 pubmed publisher..In budding yeast, the F-box protein Dia2 drives ubiquitylation of the CMG helicase at the end of replication, leading to a disassembly pathway that requires ..
- Burgess R, Zhou H, Han J, Li Q, Zhang Z. The SCFDia2 ubiquitin E3 ligase ubiquitylates Sir4 and functions in transcriptional silencing. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002846 pubmed publisher..We show that cells lacking Dia2, a component of the SCF(Dia2) E3 ubiquitin ligase involved in DNA replication, display defects in silencing at the ..
- Bao M, Schwartz M, Cantin G, Yates J, Madhani H. Pheromone-dependent destruction of the Tec1 transcription factor is required for MAP kinase signaling specificity in yeast. Cell. 2004;119:991-1000 pubmed..Destruction of Tec1 requires the F box protein Dia2 (Digs-into-agar-2), and Cdc53, the Cullin of SCF (Skp1-Cdc53-F box) ubiquitin ligases...