Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DHH1
Description: DExD/H-box ATP-dependent RNA helicase DHH1
Alias: DExD/H-box ATP-dependent RNA helicase DHH1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kruk J, Dutta A, Fu J, Gilmour D, Reese J. The multifunctional Ccr4-Not complex directly promotes transcription elongation. Genes Dev. 2011;25:581-93 pubmed publisher..Our comprehensive analysis shows that Ccr4-Not directly regulates transcription, and suggests it does so by promoting the resumption of elongation of arrested RNAPII when it encounters transcriptional blocks in vivo. ..
- Nissan T, Rajyaguru P, She M, Song H, Parker R. Decapping activators in Saccharomyces cerevisiae act by multiple mechanisms. Mol Cell. 2010;39:773-83 pubmed publisher..In yeast cells, Pat1, Scd6, Edc3, and Dhh1 all function to promote decapping by an unknown mechanism(s)...
- Carroll J, Munchel S, Weis K. The DExD/H box ATPase Dhh1 functions in translational repression, mRNA decay, and processing body dynamics. J Cell Biol. 2011;194:527-37 pubmed publisher..In this paper, we functionally characterized the DExD/H box adenosine triphosphatase (ATPase) Dhh1, a critical regulator of the cytoplasmic fate of mRNAs...
- Decker C, Teixeira D, Parker R. Edc3p and a glutamine/asparagine-rich domain of Lsm4p function in processing body assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:437-49 pubmed..These results suggest a stepwise model for P-body assembly with the initial formation of a core mRNA-protein complex that then aggregates through multiple specific mechanisms. ..
- Buchan J, Muhlrad D, Parker R. P bodies promote stress granule assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2008;183:441-55 pubmed publisher..These observations argue that P bodies are important sites for decisions of mRNA fate and that stress granules, at least in yeast, primarily represent pools of mRNAs stalled in the process of reentry into translation from P bodies. ..
- Strahl Bolsinger S, Tanner W. A yeast gene encoding a putative RNA helicase of the "DEAD"-box family. Yeast. 1993;9:429-32 pubmed..The predicted amino acid sequence shows high homology to the DEAD-box family of proteins. Gene disruption revealed that the gene is not essential for yeast but necessary for normal cell growth. ..
- Drummond S, Hildyard J, Firczuk H, Reamtong O, Li N, Kannambath S, et al. Diauxic shift-dependent relocalization of decapping activators Dhh1 and Pat1 to polysomal complexes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:7764-74 pubmed publisherb>Dhh1 and Pat1 in yeast are mRNA decapping activators/translational repressors thought to play key roles in the transition of mRNAs from translation to degradation...
- Sharif H, Ozgur S, Sharma K, Basquin C, Urlaub H, Conti E. Structural analysis of the yeast Dhh1-Pat1 complex reveals how Dhh1 engages Pat1, Edc3 and RNA in mutually exclusive interactions. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:8377-90 pubmed publisher..Pat1, Edc3 and the DEAD-box protein Dhh1 are evolutionary conserved factors known to participate in both translational repression and decapping, but their ..
- Kolesnikova O, Back R, Graille M, Seraphin B. Identification of the Rps28 binding motif from yeast Edc3 involved in the autoregulatory feedback loop controlling RPS28B mRNA decay. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:9514-23 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest a plausible model for the evolutionary appearance of a Rps28 binding motif in Edc3. ..
- Hata H, Mitsui H, Liu H, Bai Y, Denis C, Shimizu Y, et al. Dhh1p, a putative RNA helicase, associates with the general transcription factors Pop2p and Ccr4p from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1998;148:571-9 pubmed..We have isolated five multicopy suppressor genes of a pop2 deletion mutation: CCR4, DHH1 (a putative RNA helicase), PKC1, STM1, and MPT5 (multicopy suppressor of pop two)...
- Beckham C, Hilliker A, Cziko A, Noueiry A, Ramaswami M, Parker R. The DEAD-box RNA helicase Ded1p affects and accumulates in Saccharomyces cerevisiae P-bodies. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:984-93 pubmed..Combined with earlier work showing Ded1p can have a positive effect on translation, these results suggest that Ded1p is a bifunctional protein that can affect both translation initiation and P-body formation. ..
- Bergkessel M, Reese J. An essential role for the Saccharomyces cerevisiae DEAD-box helicase DHH1 in G1/S DNA-damage checkpoint recovery. Genetics. 2004;167:21-33 pubmed..Here we show that DHH1, encoding a DEAD-box RNA helicase orthologous to the human putative proto-oncogene p54/RCK, is important in release ..
- Reijns M, Alexander R, Spiller M, Beggs J. A role for Q/N-rich aggregation-prone regions in P-body localization. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:2463-72 pubmed publisher..This is supported by reduced P-body accumulation of Ccr4p, Pop2p and Dhh1p after deletion of these domains, and by the observed aggregation of the Q/N-rich region from Ccr4p. ..
- Swisher K, Parker R. Localization to, and effects of Pbp1, Pbp4, Lsm12, Dhh1, and Pab1 on stress granules in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10006 pubmed publisher..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Pbp1 also interacts with the Pab1, Lsm12, Pbp4, and Dhh1 proteins...
- Zhang B, Shi Q, Varia S, Xing S, Klett B, Cook L, et al. The Activity-Dependent Regulation of Protein Kinase Stability by the Localization to P-Bodies. Genetics. 2016;203:1191-202 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this work illustrates how the presence within an RNP granule can alter the ultimate fate of the localized protein. ..
- Hosotani T, Koyama H, Uchino M, Miyakawa T, Tsuchiya E. PKC1, a protein kinase C homologue of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, participates in microtubule function through the yeast EB1 homologue, BIM1. Genes Cells. 2001;6:775-88 pubmed..These results suggest that Pkc1p plays a role which is relevant to microtubule functions and that this role is mediated by a hitherto unknown PKC signalling pathway and by Bim1p ..
- Huch S, Gommlich J, Muppavarapu M, Beckham C, Nissan T. Membrane-association of mRNA decapping factors is independent of stress in budding yeast. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25477 pubmed publisher..In this study, we examined the mRNA decapping proteins, Dcp1, Dcp2, and Dhh1, using subcellular fractionation...
- Mugler C, Hondele M, Heinrich S, Sachdev R, Vallotton P, Koek A, et al. ATPase activity of the DEAD-box protein Dhh1 controls processing body formation. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Here, we show that in budding yeast, mutations in the DEAD-box ATPase Dhh1 that prevent ATP hydrolysis, or that affect the interaction between Dhh1 and Not1, the central scaffold of the CCR4-..
- Zhang Q, Meng X, Li D, Chen S, Luo J, Zhu L, et al. Binding of DEAD-box helicase Dhh1 to the 5'-untranslated region of ASH1 mRNA represses localized translation of ASH1 in yeast cells. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:9787-9800 pubmed publisher..We also found that the DEAD-box helicase Dhh1 complexed with the untranslated ASH1 mRNA and Puf6...
- Jungfleisch J, Nedialkova D, Dotu I, Sloan K, Martínez Bosch N, Brüning L, et al. A novel translational control mechanism involving RNA structures within coding sequences. Genome Res. 2017;27:95-106 pubmed publisher..mechanism of translational control involving RNA structures within coding sequences and the DEAD-box helicase Dhh1. Using yeast genetics and genome-wide ribosome profiling analyses, we show that this mechanism, initially derived ..
- Traven A, Lo T, Lithgow T, Heierhorst J. The yeast PUF protein Puf5 has Pop2-independent roles in response to DNA replication stress. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10651 pubmed publisher..activities recruited to mRNAs by the Puf5-Pop2 interaction, the deadenylase Ccr4 and the translational repressor Dhh1. A functional Puf5 RNA binding domain was required, and Puf5 cytoplasmic localisation was sufficient for resistance ..
- Lien P, Izumikawa K, Muroi K, Irie K, Suda Y, Irie K. Analysis of the Physiological Activities of Scd6 through Its Interaction with Hmt1. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0164773 pubmed publisher..to translation initiation factors, and also is a decapping activator along with the binding partners Edc3 and Dhh1. Herein, we report that Scd6 is a substrate of the intrinsic protein arginine methyltransferase, Hmt1, in budding ..
- Luo X, Talarek N, De Virgilio C. Initiation of the yeast G0 program requires Igo1 and Igo2, which antagonize activation of decapping of specific nutrient-regulated mRNAs. RNA Biol. 2011;8:14-7 pubmed..Here, we show that several factors including Ccr4, the Lsm-Pat1 complex, and Dhh1, which are implicated in mRNA decapping activation, participate in the decay of specific mRNAs during initiation of ..
- Bennett C, Westmoreland T, Verrier C, Blanchette C, Sabin T, Phatnani H, et al. Yeast screens identify the RNA polymerase II CTD and SPT5 as relevant targets of BRCA1 interaction. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1448 pubmed publisher..MLP1, MLP2, NUP2, NUP53, NUP120, NUP133, NUP170, NUP188, POM34) and cytoplasmic mRNA decay at P-bodies (CCR4, DHH1)...
- Patil C, Li H, Walter P. Gcn4p and novel upstream activating sequences regulate targets of the unfolded protein response. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E246 pubmed..The discovery of a role for Gcn4p in the yeast UPR reveals an additional level of complexity and demonstrates a surprising conservation of the signaling circuit between yeast and metazoan cells. ..
- Preissler S, Reuther J, Koch M, Scior A, Bruderek M, Frickey T, et al. Not4-dependent translational repression is important for cellular protein homeostasis in yeast. EMBO J. 2015;34:1905-24 pubmed publisher..mRNA decapping protein function and in cells lacking the mRNA decapping activator and translational repressor Dhh1. The results suggest a role for Not4 together with components of the decapping machinery in the regulation of ..
- Stribinskis V, Ramos K. Rpm2p, a protein subunit of mitochondrial RNase P, physically and genetically interacts with cytoplasmic processing bodies. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:1301-11 pubmed..The results presented here, and the transcriptional activation function demonstrated earlier, implicate Rpm2p as a coordinator of transcription and mRNA storage/decay in P bodies...
- Balagopal V, Parker R. Stm1 modulates translation after 80S formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 2011;17:835-42 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that in vitro Stm1 inhibits translation after formation of an 80S complex. This suggests that Stm1 modulates translation and mRNA decapping by controlling translation elongation. ..
- Kihara A, Igarashi Y. Cross talk between sphingolipids and glycerophospholipids in the establishment of plasma membrane asymmetry. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4949-59 pubmed..Thus, there seems to be cross talk between sphingolipids and glycerophospholipids in maintaining the functional lipid asymmetry of the plasma membrane...
- Chang L, Lee F. The RNA helicase Dhh1p cooperates with Rbp1p to promote porin mRNA decay via its non-conserved C-terminal domain. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:1331-44 pubmed publisher..Notably, expression of a C-terminal 81-residue deleted Dhh1p can fully complement the growth defect of a dhh1? strain and retains its function in regulating the mRNA level of an RNA-binding protein Edc1p...
- Blewett N, Goldstrohm A. A eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E-binding protein promotes mRNA decapping and is required for PUF repression. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4181-94 pubmed..The implication of these findings is that a 4E-BP can repress protein expression by promoting specific mRNA degradation steps in addition to or in lieu of inhibiting translation initiation. ..
- Rojas M, Farr G, Fernandez C, Lauden L, McCormack J, Wolin S. Yeast Gis2 and its human ortholog CNBP are novel components of stress-induced RNP granules. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52824 pubmed publisher..These results implicate both Gis2 and CNBP in mRNA handling during stress. ..
- Chang W, Zaarour R, Reck Peterson S, Rinn J, Singer R, Snyder M, et al. Myo2p, a class V myosin in budding yeast, associates with a large ribonucleic acid-protein complex that contains mRNAs and subunits of the RNA-processing body. RNA. 2008;14:491-502 pubmed publisher..P-body disassembly is delayed in the motor mutant, myo2-66, indicating that Myo2p may facilitate the release of mRNAs from the P-body. ..
- Makino S, Mishima Y, Inoue K, Inada T. Roles of mRNA fate modulators Dhh1 and Pat1 in TNRC6-dependent gene silencing recapitulated in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:8331-47 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the mRNA fate modulators Dhh1 and Pat1 redundantly stimulate mRNA decay, but both factors are required for poly(A) tail-independent translation ..
- Jung D, Ahn J, Rhee B, Kim J. Mutational analysis of the RNA helicase Dhh1 in Ste12 expression and yeast mating. J Microbiol. 2017;55:373-378 pubmed publisherb>Dhh1 and Dhh1 homologues (RCK/p54/DDX6) are members of the DEAD-box protein family of RNA helicases. These proteins display conserved sequence motifs for ATPase and RNA binding activities...
- Kimura Y, Irie K, Irie K. Pbp1 is involved in Ccr4- and Khd1-mediated regulation of cell growth through association with ribosomal proteins Rpl12a and Rpl12b. Eukaryot Cell. 2013;12:864-74 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Pbp1 is involved in the Ccr4- and Khd1-mediated regulation of cell growth through the association with Rpl12a and Rpl12b. ..
- Ohn T, Chiang Y, Lee D, Yao G, Zhang C, Denis C. CAF1 plays an important role in mRNA deadenylation separate from its contact to CCR4. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:3002-15 pubmed..Synthetic lethalities of caf1Delta, but not that of ccr4Delta, with defects in DHH1 or PAB1, both of which are involved in translation, further supports a role of CAF1 separate from that of CCR4...
- Ka M, Park Y, Kim J. The DEAD-box RNA helicase, Dhh1, functions in mating by regulating Ste12 translation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;367:680-6 pubmed publisherThe DEAD-box RNA helicase, Dhh1, is a member of a highly conserved subfamily designated RCK/p54 helicases. Dhh1 functions as mRNA decapping activator, and is localized to discrete cytoplasmic foci known as processing bodies (P-bodies)...
- Bahassou Benamri R, Davin A, Gaillard J, Alonso B, Odorico M, Pible O, et al. Subcellular localization and interaction network of the mRNA decay activator Pat1 upon UV stress. Yeast. 2013;30:353-63 pubmed publisher..We have shown that Pat1 co-purifies with Dhh1 specifically upon UV stress...
- Hurto R, Hopper A. P-body components, Dhh1 and Pat1, are involved in tRNA nuclear-cytoplasmic dynamics. RNA. 2011;17:912-24 pubmed publisher..This study investigated the possible coordination of these responses with tRNA nuclear-cytoplasmic distribution. Dhh1 and Pat1 function in parallel to promote translation repression and P-body formation in response to starvation...
- Moriya H, Isono K. Analysis of genetic interactions between DHH1, SSD1 and ELM1 indicates their involvement in cellular morphology determination in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 1999;15:481-96 pubmedThe DHH1 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae belongs to a family of genes that encode highly conserved DEAD-box proteins commonly present in various eukaryotic organisms. Its precise function in yeast has not yet been well documented...
- Cuenca Bono B, García Molinero V, Pascual García P, García Oliver E, Llopis A, Rodriguez Navarro S. A novel link between Sus1 and the cytoplasmic mRNA decay machinery suggests a broad role in mRNA metabolism. BMC Cell Biol. 2010;11:19 pubmed publisher..for genetic interactions between SUS1 and genes coding for components of P-bodies such as PAT1, LSM1, LSM6 and DHH1. We demonstrate that SUS1 deletion is synthetic lethal with 5'-->3' decay machinery components LSM1 and PAT1 and ..
- Luo G, Costanzo M, Boone C, Dickson R. Nutrients and the Pkh1/2 and Pkc1 protein kinases control mRNA decay and P-body assembly in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:8759-70 pubmed publisher..Mammals may use similar regulatory mechanisms because components of the decay apparatus and signaling pathways are conserved. ..
- Ramachandran V, Shah K, Herman P. The cAMP-dependent protein kinase signaling pathway is a key regulator of P body foci formation. Mol Cell. 2011;43:973-81 pubmed publisher..This work therefore highlights the general relevance of RNP foci in quiescent cells, and provides a framework for the study of the many RNP assemblies that form in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Senissar M, Le Saux A, Belgareh Touzé N, Adam C, Banroques J, Tanner N. The DEAD-box helicase Ded1 from yeast is an mRNP cap-associated protein that shuttles between the cytoplasm and nucleus. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:10005-22 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ded1 is an mRNP cofactor of the cap complex that may function to remodel the different mRNPs and thereby regulate the expression of the mRNAs. ..
- Gimenez Barcons M, Alves Rodrigues I, Jungfleisch J, Van Wynsberghe P, Ahlquist P, Diez J. The cellular decapping activators LSm1, Pat1, and Dhh1 control the ratio of subgenomic to genomic Flock House virus RNAs. J Virol. 2013;87:6192-200 pubmed publisher..viruses, such as hepatitis C virus and brome mosaic virus, depends on host decapping activators LSm1-7, Pat1, and Dhh1 (J. Diez et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 97:3913-3918, 2000; A. Mas et al., J. Virol. 80:246 -251, 2006; N...
- Haimovich G, Medina D, Causse S, Garber M, Millán Zambrano G, Barkai O, et al. Gene expression is circular: factors for mRNA degradation also foster mRNA synthesis. Cell. 2013;153:1000-11 pubmed publisher..The gene expression process is therefore circular, whereby the hitherto first and last stages are interconnected. ..
- Pandit S, Paul S, Zhang L, Chen M, Durbin N, Harrison S, et al. Spp382p interacts with multiple yeast splicing factors, including possible regulators of Prp43 DExD/H-Box protein function. Genetics. 2009;183:195-206 pubmed publisher..These and related data establish the value of this dosage interference assay for finding genes that alter cellular splicing and define Sqs1p and Cwc23p as prospective modulators of Spp382p-stimuated Prp43p function. ..
- Li X, Ohmori T, Irie K, Kimura Y, Suda Y, Mizuno T, et al. Different Regulations of ROM2 and LRG1 Expression by Ccr4, Pop2, and Dhh1 in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Cell Wall Integrity Pathway. mSphere. 2016;1: pubmed..we examined the possible involvement of the POP2 gene encoding a subunit of the Ccr4-Not complex and the DHH1 gene encoding a DEAD box RNA helicase that associates with the Ccr4-Not complex in the regulation of ROM2..
- Alcázar Román A, Tran E, Guo S, Wente S. Inositol hexakisphosphate and Gle1 activate the DEAD-box protein Dbp5 for nuclear mRNA export. Nat Cell Biol. 2006;8:711-6 pubmed..We now propose that Dbp5 activation at NPCs requires Gle1 and InsP6. This would facilitate spatial control of the remodelling of mRNP protein composition during directional transport and provide energy to power transport cycles. ..
- Park Y, Hur H, Ka M, Kim J. Identification of translational regulation target genes during filamentous growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: regulatory role of Caf20 and Dhh1. Eukaryot Cell. 2006;5:2120-7 pubmed..The increase in Ste12 protein level was partially blocked by mutations in the CAF20 and DHH1 genes, which encode an eIF4E inhibitor and a decapping activator, respectively...