Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYT1
Description: ubiquinol--cytochrome-c reductase catalytic subunit CYT1
Alias: CTC1, YOR29-16, ubiquinol--cytochrome-c reductase catalytic subunit CYT1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Conte A, Papa B, Ferramosca A, Zara V. The dimerization of the yeast cytochrome bc1 complex is an early event and is independent of Rip1. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:987-95 pubmed publisher..Finally, a new model of cytochrome bc1 complex assembly, in which distinct intermediates sequentially interact during bc1 maturation, has been proposed. ..
- Hamel P, Lemaire C, Bonnefoy N, Brivet Chevillotte P, Dujardin G. Mutations in the membrane anchor of yeast cytochrome c1 compensate for the absence of Oxa1p and generate carbonate-extractable forms of cytochrome c1. Genetics. 1998;150:601-11 pubmed..Molecular cloning and sequencing reveal that the suppressor mutations (CYT1-1 to -6) correspond to amino acid substitutions that are all located in the membrane anchor of cytochrome c1 and ..
- Galdieri L, Zhang T, Rogerson D, Vancura A. Reduced Histone Expression or a Defect in Chromatin Assembly Induces Respiration. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:1064-77 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that altered chromatin structure relieves glucose repression of mitochondrial respiration by inducing transcription of the TCA cycle and OXPHOS genes carried by both nuclear and mitochondrial DNA. ..
- Hunte C, Solmaz S, Lange C. Electron transfer between yeast cytochrome bc(1) complex and cytochrome c: a structural analysis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1555:21-8 pubmed..Remarkably, CYC binds only to one of the two possible binding sites of the homodimeric complex and binding appears to be coordinated with the presence of ubiquinone at the Q(i) site. Regulatory aspects of CYC reduction are discussed. ..
- Morar A, Wang X, Pielak G. Effects of crowding by mono-, di-, and tetrasaccharides on cytochrome c-cytochrome c peroxidase binding: comparing experiment to theory. Biochemistry. 2001;40:281-5 pubmed..None of the analyses are completely successful by themselves, and the results suggest that a complete analysis must account for both excluded-volume and chemical interactions. ..
- Ahmad Z, Sherman F. Role of Arg-166 in yeast cytochrome C1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:18450-6 pubmedA systematic screen for dominant-negative mutations of the CYT1 gene, which encodes cytochrome c(1), revealed seven mutants after testing approximately 10(4) Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains transformed with a library of mutagenized ..
- Waldmeyer B, Bechtold R, Bosshard H, Poulos T. The cytochrome c peroxidase.cytochrome c electron transfer complex. Experimental support of a hypothetical model. J Biol Chem. 1982;257:6073-6 pubmed..Cross-linking occurred to carboxyl groups of the NH2-terminal fragment 1-119 and of fragment 172-229. The four crucial aspartates of the hypothetical model are located in these same two sequence regions. ..
- Römpler K, Müller T, Juris L, Wissel M, Vukotic M, Hofmann K, et al. Overlapping Role of Respiratory Supercomplex Factor Rcf2 and Its N-terminal Homolog Rcf3 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:23769-23778 pubmed..Furthermore, our data suggest an association of all three Rcf proteins with the bc1 complex in the absence of a functional cytochrome c oxidase and identify a supercomplex independent interaction network of the Rcf proteins. ..
- Hildenbeutel M, Hegg E, Stephan K, Gruschke S, Meunier B, Ott M. Assembly factors monitor sequential hemylation of cytochrome b to regulate mitochondrial translation. J Cell Biol. 2014;205:511-24 pubmed publisher..Failure to hemylate cytochrome b sequesters the Cbp3-Cbp6 complex in early assembly intermediates, thereby causing a reduction in cytochrome b synthesis via a feedback loop that senses hemylation of cytochrome b. ..
- Lavoie H, Whiteway M. Increased respiration in the sch9Delta mutant is required for increasing chronological life span but not replicative life span. Eukaryot Cell. 2008;7:1127-35 pubmed publisher..Deletion of HAP4 and CYT1, both of which are essential for respiration, revert the sch9Delta mutant respiratory rate back to a lower-than-..
- Oyedotun K, Yau P, Lemire B. Identification of the heme axial ligands in the cytochrome b562 of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae succinate dehydrogenase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9432-9 pubmed..Loss of cytochrome b(562) has no effect on enzyme assembly and quinone reduction; the role of the heme in enzyme structure and function is discussed. ..
- Easlon E, Tsang F, Skinner C, Wang C, Lin S. The malate-aspartate NADH shuttle components are novel metabolic longevity regulators required for calorie restriction-mediated life span extension in yeast. Genes Dev. 2008;22:931-44 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that CR may extend life span and ameliorate age-associated metabolic diseases by activating components of the NADH shuttles. ..
- Lauffer S, Mäbert K, Czupalla C, Pursche T, Hoflack B, Rödel G, et al. Saccharomyces cerevisiae porin pore forms complexes with mitochondrial outer membrane proteins Om14p and Om45p. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:17447-58 pubmed publisher..We propose a model for the role of the two OM proteins in addressing the porin pore to bind to specific channels in the mt IM to facilitate transport of metabolites. ..