Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYK3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Meitinger F, Palani S, Hub B, Pereira G. Dual function of the NDR-kinase Dbf2 in the regulation of the F-BAR protein Hof1 during cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1290-304 pubmed publisher..Thus our data show that Dbf2 coordinates septin and AMR functions during cytokinesis through the regulation/control of Hof1. ..
- Foltman M, Molist I, Arcones I, Sacristan C, Filali Mouncef Y, Roncero C, et al. Ingression Progression Complexes Control Extracellular Matrix Remodelling during Cytokinesis in Budding Yeast. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005864 pubmed publisher..the IQGAP protein Iqg1 and Chs2, IPCs contain the F-BAR protein Hof1, and the cytokinesis regulators Inn1 and Cyk3. We describe the molecular mechanism by which chitin synthase is activated by direct association of the C2 domain ..
- Tian C, Wu Y, Johnsson N. Stepwise and cooperative assembly of a cytokinetic core complex in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:3614-24 pubmed publisher..We propose that the MIH complex acts as hinge between the AMR and the proteins involved in cell wall synthesis and membrane attachment. ..
- Cassani C, Raspelli E, Santo N, Chiroli E, Lucchini G, Fraschini R. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Dma proteins participate in cytokinesis by controlling two different pathways. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:2794-808 pubmed publisher..be required for AMR contraction, and causes asymmetric primary septum deposition as well as mislocalization of the Cyk3-positive regulator of this process...
- Mancini Lombardi I, Palani S, Meitinger F, Darieva Z, Hofmann A, Sharrocks A, et al. Lre1 directly inhibits the NDR/Lats kinase Cbk1 at the cell division site in a phosphorylation-dependent manner. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1736-45 pubmed publisher..We propose that similar inhibitory proteins may also provide fine tuning for the activity of NDR kinases in other organisms. ..
- Onishi M, Ko N, Nishihama R, Pringle J. Distinct roles of Rho1, Cdc42, and Cyk3 in septum formation and abscission during yeast cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:311-29 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Rho1 is temporarily inactivated during cleavage-furrow ingression; this inactivation requires the protein Cyk3, which binds Rho1-guanosine diphosphate via its catalytically inactive transglutaminase-like domain...
- Nkosi P, Targosz B, Labib K, Sanchez Diaz A. Hof1 and Rvs167 have redundant roles in actomyosin ring function during cytokinesis in budding yeast. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57846 pubmed publisher..The redundant role of Hof1 in actin ring assembly suggests that the mechanism of actin ring assembly has been conserved to a greater extent across evolution than anticipated previously. ..
- Atkins B, Yoshida S, Saito K, Wu C, Lew D, Pellman D. Inhibition of Cdc42 during mitotic exit is required for cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:231-40 pubmed publisher..The effects of Cdc42 hyperactivation are largely mediated by the Cdc42 effector p21-activated kinase Ste20. Inhibition of Cdc42 and related Rho guanosine triphosphatases may be a general feature of cytokinesis in eukaryotes. ..
- Devrekanli A, Foltman M, Roncero C, Sanchez Diaz A, Labib K. Inn1 and Cyk3 regulate chitin synthase during cytokinesis in budding yeasts. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:5453-66 pubmed publisher..mutations in the Inn1 C2-domain, the dominant CHS2 alleles suppress cytokinesis defects produced by the lack of the Cyk3 protein...
- Amaral N, Vendrell A, Funaya C, Idrissi F, Maier M, Kumar A, et al. The Aurora-B-dependent NoCut checkpoint prevents damage of anaphase bridges after DNA replication stress. Nat Cell Biol. 2016;18:516-26 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the molecular origin of chromatin bridges is critical for activation of NoCut, which plays a key role in the maintenance of genome stability after replicative stress. ..