Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CSM2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Karras G, Fumasoni M, Sienski G, Vanoli F, Branzei D, Jentsch S. Noncanonical role of the 9-1-1 clamp in the error-free DNA damage tolerance pathway. Mol Cell. 2013;49:536-46 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus reveal unexpected cooperation in the error-free pathway between the two related clamps and indicate that 9-1-1 plays a broader role in the DNA damage response than previously assumed. ..
- Sasanuma H, Tawaramoto M, Lao J, Hosaka H, Sanda E, Suzuki M, et al. A new protein complex promoting the assembly of Rad51 filaments. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1676 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify a new Rad51 mediator complex. The PCSS complex, comprising budding yeast Psy3, Csm2, Shu1 and Shu2 proteins, binds to recombination sites and is required for Rad51 assembly and function during ..
- Gaines W, Godin S, Kabbinavar F, Rao T, VanDemark A, Sung P, et al. Promotion of presynaptic filament assembly by the ensemble of S. cerevisiae Rad51 paralogues with Rad52. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7834 pubmed publisherThe conserved budding yeast Rad51 paralogues, including Rad55, Rad57, Csm2 and Psy3 are indispensable for homologous recombination (HR)-mediated chromosome damage repair...
- Godin S, Zhang Z, Herken B, Westmoreland J, Lee A, Mihalevic M, et al. The Shu complex promotes error-free tolerance of alkylation-induced base excision repair products. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:8199-215 pubmed publisher..Together, our work demonstrates that the Shu complex's promotion of Rad51 pre-synaptic filaments is critical for high-fidelity bypass of multiple replication-blocking lesion. ..
- Zhang S, Wang L, Tao Y, Bai T, Lu R, Zhang T, et al. Structural basis for the functional role of the Shu complex in homologous recombination. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:13068-13079 pubmed publisherThe Shu complex, a conserved regulator consisting of Csm2, Psy3, Shu1 and Shu2 in budding yeast, plays an important role in the assembly of the Rad51-ssDNA filament in homologous recombination...
- Xu X, Ball L, Chen W, Tian X, Lambrecht A, Hanna M, et al. The yeast Shu complex utilizes homologous recombination machinery for error-free lesion bypass via physical interaction with a Rad51 paralogue. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e81371 pubmed publisher..Here we report that the Csm2 subunit of Shu physically interacts with Rad55, an accessory protein involved in HR...