Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CSG2
Description: mannosylinositol phosphorylceramide synthase regulatory subunit
Alias: CLS2, mannosylinositol phosphorylceramide synthase regulatory subunit
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Dunn T, Haak D, Monaghan E, Beeler T. Synthesis of monohydroxylated inositolphosphorylceramide (IPC-C) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae requires Scs7p, a protein with both a cytochrome b5-like domain and a hydroxylase/desaturase domain. Yeast. 1998;14:311-21 pubmed..Elimination of the SCS7 gene suppresses the Ca(2+)-sensitive phenotype of csg1 and csg2 mutants...
- Beeler T, Bacikova D, Gable K, Hopkins L, Johnson C, Slife H, et al. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae TSC10/YBR265w gene encoding 3-ketosphinganine reductase is identified in a screen for temperature-sensitive suppressors of the Ca2+-sensitive csg2Delta mutant. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:30688-94 pubmed..The recombinant protein catalyzes the NADPH-dependent reduction of 3-ketosphinganine. These data indicate that Tsc10p is necessary and sufficient for catalyzing the NADPH-dependent reduction of 3-ketosphinganine to dihydrosphingosine. ..
- De Block J, Szopinska A, Guerriat B, Dodzian J, Villers J, Hochstenbach J, et al. Yeast Pmp3p has an important role in plasma membrane organization. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:3646-59 pubmed publisher..These genetic interactions, together with lipid binding assays and epifluorescence microscopy, as well as other biochemical experiments, suggest that Pmp3p could be part of a phosphoinositide-regulated stress sensor. ..
- Rainey M, Korostyshevsky D, Lee S, Perlstein E. The antidepressant sertraline targets intracellular vesiculogenic membranes in yeast. Genetics. 2010;185:1221-33 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study identifies two evolutionarily conserved membrane--active processes-vacuolar acidification and clathrin-coat formation--as modulators of sertraline's action at membranes...
- Han G, Gable K, Kohlwein S, Beaudoin F, Napier J, Dunn T. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae YBR159w gene encodes the 3-ketoreductase of the microsomal fatty acid elongase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35440-9 pubmed..By disrupting the orthologs of Ybr159w in the ybr159Delta mutant we found that the ybr159Deltaayr1Delta double mutant was inviable, suggesting that Ayr1p is responsible for the residual 3-ketoreductase activity. ..
- Haak D, Gable K, Beeler T, Dunn T. Hydroxylation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae ceramides requires Sur2p and Scs7p. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:29704-10 pubmed..Characterization of scs7 and sur2 mutants is expected to provide insight into the function of ceramide hydroxylation. ..
- Uemura S, Kihara A, Inokuchi J, Igarashi Y. Csg1p and newly identified Csh1p function in mannosylinositol phosphorylceramide synthesis by interacting with Csg2p. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45049-55 pubmed..We also revealed that Csg2p interacts with both Csg1p and Csh1p. Deletion of the CSG2 gene reduced the Csg1p activity and abolished the Csh1p activity...
- Uemura S, Kihara A, Iwaki S, Inokuchi J, Igarashi Y. Regulation of the transport and protein levels of the inositol phosphorylceramide mannosyltransferases Csg1 and Csh1 by the Ca2+-binding protein Csg2. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:8613-21 pubmed..The Ca2+-binding protein Csg2 can form a complex with either Csg1 or Csh1 and is considered to act as a regulatory subunit...
- Tani M, Kuge O. Requirement of a specific group of sphingolipid-metabolizing enzyme for growth of yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae under impaired metabolism of glycerophospholipids. Mol Microbiol. 2010;78:395-413 pubmed..mutation analysis involving the SAC1 and non-essential sphingolipid-metabolizing enzyme genes revealed that csg1?, csg2?, ipt1? or scs7? causes synthetic lethality with deletion of SAC1...
- Tani M, Kuge O. Involvement of complex sphingolipids and phosphatidylserine in endosomal trafficking in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2012;86:1262-80 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found that csg2? mutant cells defective in the synthesis of mannosylinositol phosphorylceramide exhibited abnormal intracellular ..
- Gable K, Slife H, Bacikova D, Monaghan E, Dunn T. Tsc3p is an 80-amino acid protein associated with serine palmitoyltransferase and required for optimal enzyme activity. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:7597-603 pubmed..Lcb1p and Lcb2p remain tightly associated with each other and localize to the membrane in cells lacking Tsc3p. However, Lcb2p is unstable in cells lacking Lcb1p and vice versa. ..
- Tomishige N, Noda Y, Adachi H, Shimoi H, Takatsuki A, Yoda K. Mutations that are synthetically lethal with a gas1Delta allele cause defects in the cell wall of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Genet Genomics. 2003;269:562-73 pubmed..Furthermore, the genes CSG2 and IPT1 were found to be required for normal growth of gas1Delta cells in the presence of 1 M sorbitol...