Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CRD1
Description: cardiolipin synthase
Alias: CLS1, cardiolipin synthase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Chen S, Liu D, Finley R, Greenberg M. Loss of mitochondrial DNA in the yeast cardiolipin synthase crd1 mutant leads to up-regulation of the protein kinase Swe1p that regulates the G2/M transition. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10397-407 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that anionic phospholipids are required for processes that are essential for normal cell division in rho degrees cells. ..
- Gebert N, Joshi A, Kutik S, Becker T, McKenzie M, Guan X, et al. Mitochondrial cardiolipin involved in outer-membrane protein biogenesis: implications for Barth syndrome. Curr Biol. 2009;19:2133-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a new role for cardiolipin in protein sorting at the mitochondrial outer membrane and bear implications for the pathogenesis of Barth syndrome. ..
- Kornmann B, Currie E, Collins S, Schuldiner M, Nunnari J, Weissman J, et al. An ER-mitochondria tethering complex revealed by a synthetic biology screen. Science. 2009;325:477-81 pubmed publisher..The tethering complex localized to discrete foci, suggesting that discrete sites of close apposition between ER and mitochondria facilitate interorganelle calcium and phospholipid exchange. ..
- Chen Y, Taylor E, Dephoure N, Heo J, Tonhato A, Papandreou I, et al. Identification of a protein mediating respiratory supercomplex stability. Cell Metab. 2012;15:348-60 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Rcf1 is a member of an evolutionarily conserved protein family that acts to promote respiratory supercomplex assembly and activity. ..
- Rijken P, Houtkooper R, Akbari H, Brouwers J, Koorengevel M, de Kruijff B, et al. Cardiolipin molecular species with shorter acyl chains accumulate in Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutants lacking the acyl coenzyme A-binding protein Acb1p: new insights into acyl chain remodeling of cardiolipin. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:27609-19 pubmed publisher..Experiments in which the substrate specificity of the yeast cardiolipin synthase Crd1p and the acyl chain composition of individual short CL species were investigated, indicated that both ..
- Schlame M, Zhao M, Rua D, Haldar D, Greenberg M. Kinetic analysis of cardiolipin synthase: a membrane enzyme with two glycerophospholipid substrates. Lipids. 1995;30:633-40 pubmedMitochondrial cardiolipin synthase catalyzes the transfer of a phosphatidyl moiety from phosphatidyl-CMP (PtdCMP) to phosphatidylglycerol (PtdGro) in the presence of specific divalent cations...
- Gat Viks I, Meller R, Kupiec M, Shamir R. Understanding gene sequence variation in the context of transcription regulation in yeast. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000800 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings demonstrate that this approach provides a useful framework for the systematic mapping of quantitative trait loci and their role in gene expression variation. ..
- Patil V, Fox J, Gohil V, Winge D, Greenberg M. Loss of cardiolipin leads to perturbation of mitochondrial and cellular iron homeostasis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:1696-705 pubmed publisher..the cellular response to the loss of CL, we carried out genome-wide expression profiling of the yeast CL mutant crd1?...
- Joshi A, Fei N, Greenberg M. Get1p and Get2p are required for maintenance of mitochondrial morphology and normal cardiolipin levels. FEMS Yeast Res. 2016;16: pubmed publisher..The genetic interactions observed in this study identify novel physiological modifiers that are required for maintenance of CL levels and mitochondrial morphology. ..
- Shen Z, Li Y, Gasparski A, Abeliovich H, Greenberg M. Cardiolipin Regulates Mitophagy through the Protein Kinase C Pathway. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:2916-2923 pubmed publisher..genes ATG8, ATG18, and ATG32 synthetically interact with CL synthase mutant crd1Î”...