Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CPR6
Description: peptidylprolyl isomerase CPR6
Alias: CYP40, peptidylprolyl isomerase CPR6
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Li J, Richter K, Buchner J. Mixed Hsp90-cochaperone complexes are important for the progression of the reaction cycle. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:61-6 pubmed publisher..This mechanism, which is strictly conserved between the yeast and human Hsp90 systems, presents an example of how, in a cyclic process, directionality of assembly and disassembly of protein complexes can be achieved. ..
- Catlett M, Kaplan K. Sgt1p is a unique co-chaperone that acts as a client adaptor to link Hsp90 to Skp1p. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:33739-48 pubmed..The multidomain nature of Sgt1p and its ability to bridge the interaction between Skp1p and Hsp82p argue that Sgt1p acts as a "client adaptor" recruiting specific clients to Hsp82p co-chaperone complexes. ..
- Zuehlke A, Wren N, Tenge V, Johnson J. Interaction of heat shock protein 90 and the co-chaperone Cpr6 with Ura2, a bifunctional enzyme required for pyrimidine biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:27406-14 pubmed publisher..Many of the Hsp90 co-chaperones, including Cpr6 and Cpr7, contain tetratricopeptide repeat (TPR) domains that bind a common acceptor site at the carboxyl terminus ..
- Mayr C, Richter K, Lilie H, Buchner J. Cpr6 and Cpr7, two closely related Hsp90-associated immunophilins from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, differ in their functional properties. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:34140-6 pubmed..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, two closely related large Hsp90-associated PPIases, Cpr6 and Cpr7, exist...
- Arevalo Rodriguez M, Cardenas M, Wu X, Hanes S, Heitman J. Cyclophilin A and Ess1 interact with and regulate silencing by the Sin3-Rpd3 histone deacetylase. EMBO J. 2000;19:3739-49 pubmed..Our findings support a model in which Ess1 and cyclophilin A modulate the activity of the Sin3-Rpd3 complex, and excess histone deacetylation causes mitotic arrest in ess1 mutants. ..
- Warth R, Briand P, Picard D. Functional analysis of the yeast 40 kDa cyclophilin Cyp40 and its role for viability and steroid receptor regulation. Biol Chem. 1997;378:381-91 pubmed..At the amino acid level, this novel yeast cyclophilin, termed Cyp40, is 47% identical to human cyclophilin-40...
- Duina A, Marsh J, Gaber R. Identification of two CyP-40-like cyclophilins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, one of which is required for normal growth. Yeast. 1996;12:943-52 pubmedWe report the analysis of two Saccharomyces cerevisiae cyclophilins, Cpr6 and Cpr7, identified by their ability to interact in vivo with the transcriptional regulator Rpd3...
- Prodromou C, Siligardi G, O Brien R, Woolfson D, Regan L, Panaretou B, et al. Regulation of Hsp90 ATPase activity by tetratricopeptide repeat (TPR)-domain co-chaperones. EMBO J. 1999;18:754-62 pubmed..We have now analysed the interaction of the yeast TPR-domain co-chaperones Sti1 and Cpr6 with yeast Hsp90 by isothermal titration calorimetry, circular dichroism spectroscopy and analytical ..
- Paul A, Garcia Y, Zierer B, Patwardhan C, Gutierrez O, Hildenbrand Z, et al. The cochaperone SGTA (small glutamine-rich tetratricopeptide repeat-containing protein alpha) demonstrates regulatory specificity for the androgen, glucocorticoid, and progesterone receptors. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:15297-308 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest a role for SGTA at distinct steps in the chaperone-dependent modulation of androgen, glucocorticoid, and progesterone receptor activity...
- Tenge V, Zuehlke A, Shrestha N, Johnson J. The Hsp90 cochaperones Cpr6, Cpr7, and Cns1 interact with the intact ribosome. Eukaryot Cell. 2015;14:55-63 pubmed publisher..We found that Cpr6, Cpr7, and Cns1 interact with the intact ribosome and that Saccharomyces cerevisiae lacking CPR7 or containing ..