Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COX5A
Description: cytochrome c oxidase subunit Va
Alias: cytochrome c oxidase subunit Va
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Pierrel F, Khalimonchuk O, Cobine P, Bestwick M, Winge D. Coa2 is an assembly factor for yeast cytochrome c oxidase biogenesis that facilitates the maturation of Cox1. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4927-39 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of Cox10 or Cox5a and Cox6 or attenuation of the proteolytic activity of the m-AAA protease partially restores respiration in ..
- Stuart R. Chapter 11 Supercomplex organization of the yeast respiratory chain complexes and the ADP/ATP carrier proteins. Methods Enzymol. 2009;456:191-208 pubmed publisher..The method used to analyze the cytochrome bc(1)-COX-AAC supercomplex and to affinity purify the Aac2 isoform and its associating proteins from S. cerevisiae mitochondria will be outlined in this chapter. ..
- Levchenko M, Wuttke J, Römpler K, Schmidt B, Neifer K, Juris L, et al. Cox26 is a novel stoichiometric subunit of the yeast cytochrome c oxidase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1863:1624-32 pubmed publisher..Our analyses reveal Cox26 as a novel stoichiometric structural subunit of the cytochrome c oxidase. A loss of Cox26 affects cytochrome c oxidase activity and respirasome organization. ..
- Castello P, Woo D, Ball K, Wojcik J, Liu L, Poyton R. Oxygen-regulated isoforms of cytochrome c oxidase have differential effects on its nitric oxide production and on hypoxic signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:8203-8 pubmed publisher..studies have shown that these isoforms have differential effects on oxygen reduction by Cco, and that their genes (COX5a and COX5b, respectively) are inversely regulated by oxygen...
- Mick D, Vukotic M, Piechura H, Meyer H, Warscheid B, Deckers M, et al. Coa3 and Cox14 are essential for negative feedback regulation of COX1 translation in mitochondria. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:141-54 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Coa1 binding to sequestered Mss51 in complex with Cox14, Coa3, and Cox1 is essential for full inactivation. ..
- Strogolova V, Furness A, Robb McGrath M, Garlich J, Stuart R. Rcf1 and Rcf2, members of the hypoxia-induced gene 1 protein family, are critical components of the mitochondrial cytochrome bc1-cytochrome c oxidase supercomplex. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1363-73 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings, we propose a model where the Hig1 proteins regulate the COX enzyme activity through Cox3 and associated Cox12 protein, in a manner that may be influenced by the neighboring AAC proteins. ..
- Bareth B, Nikolov M, Lorenzi I, Hildenbeutel M, Mick D, Helbig C, et al. Oms1 associates with cytochrome c oxidase assembly intermediates to stabilize newly synthesized Cox1. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:1570-80 pubmed publisher..Our analyses show that Oms1 participates in cytochrome c oxidase assembly by stabilizing newly synthesized Cox1. ..