Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COX17
Description: copper metallochaperone COX17
Alias: copper metallochaperone COX17
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bragoszewski P, Gornicka A, Sztolsztener M, Chacinska A. The ubiquitin-proteasome system regulates mitochondrial intermembrane space proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:2136-48 pubmed publisher..Thus, the ubiquitin-proteasome system plays an important role in determining the levels of proteins targeted to the intermembrane space of mitochondria. ..
- Koch J, Schmid F. Mia40 targets cysteines in a hydrophobic environment to direct oxidative protein folding in the mitochondria. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3041 pubmed publisher..Here, we employ Cox17 to elucidate the molecular determinants of this reaction...
- Miller M, Russo J, Fischer A, Lopez Leban F, Olivas W. Carbon source-dependent alteration of Puf3p activity mediates rapid changes in the stabilities of mRNAs involved in mitochondrial function. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:3954-70 pubmed publisher..However, only COX17 has been established as a target of Puf3p-mediated deadenylation and decapping...
- Chojnacka M, Gornicka A, Oeljeklaus S, Warscheid B, Chacinska A. Cox17 Protein Is an Auxiliary Factor Involved in the Control of the Mitochondrial Contact Site and Cristae Organizing System. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:15304-12 pubmed publisher..Here, we report a direct link between Cox17, a protein involved in the assembly of cytochrome c oxidase, and the MICOS complex...
- Yosefzon Y, Koh Y, Chritton J, Lande A, Leibovich L, Barziv L, et al. Divergent RNA binding specificity of yeast Puf2p. RNA. 2011;17:1479-88 pubmed publisher..This study expands the repertoire of cis elements bound by PUF proteins and suggests new modes by which PUF proteins recognize their mRNA targets. ..
- Rigby K, Cobine P, Khalimonchuk O, Winge D. Mapping the functional interaction of Sco1 and Cox2 in cytochrome oxidase biogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:15015-22 pubmed publisher..The structural dynamics of loop 8 in Sco1 suggests it may be an interface for interactions with Cox17, the Cu(I) donor and/or Cox2...
- Glerum D, Shtanko A, Tzagoloff A. SCO1 and SCO2 act as high copy suppressors of a mitochondrial copper recruitment defect in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:20531-5 pubmed..defective mutant of Saccharomyces cerevisiae arrested in cytochrome oxidase assembly due to a mutation in COX17, a nuclear gene encoding a low molecular weight cytoplasmic protein proposed to function in mitochondrial copper ..
- Huang Z, Chen K, Xu T, Zhang J, Li Y, Li W, et al. Sampangine inhibits heme biosynthesis in both yeast and human. Eukaryot Cell. 2011;10:1536-44 pubmed publisher..This study also reveals a surprising essential role for the interaction between the mitochondrial ATP synthase and the electron transport chain. ..
- Horng Y, Cobine P, Maxfield A, Carr H, Winge D. Specific copper transfer from the Cox17 metallochaperone to both Sco1 and Cox11 in the assembly of yeast cytochrome C oxidase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:35334-40 pubmedThe assembly of the copper sites in cytochrome c oxidase involves a series of accessory proteins, including Cox11, Cox17, and Sco1...