Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COX14
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Shingu Vazquez M, Camacho Villasana Y, Sandoval Romero L, Butler C, Fox T, Perez Martinez X. The carboxyl-terminal end of Cox1 is required for feedback assembly regulation of Cox1 synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:34382-9 pubmed publisher..The translational activator Mss51 is sequestered in early assembly intermediate complexes by an interaction with Cox14 that depends on the presence of newly synthesized Cox1...
- Fontanesi F, Clemente P, Barrientos A. Cox25 teams up with Mss51, Ssc1, and Cox14 to regulate mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase subunit 1 expression and assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:555-66 pubmed publisher..newly synthesized Cox1 physically interacts with a complex of proteins involving Ssc1, Mss51, and Cox14, which eventually hand over Cox1 to the assembly pathway...
- Khalimonchuk O, Bird A, Winge D. Evidence for a pro-oxidant intermediate in the assembly of cytochrome oxidase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:17442-9 pubmed..Studies on the hydrogen peroxide sensitivity in CcO assembly mutants reveal new aspects of the CcO assembly process. ..
- Mick D, Vukotic M, Piechura H, Meyer H, Warscheid B, Deckers M, et al. Coa3 and Cox14 are essential for negative feedback regulation of COX1 translation in mitochondria. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:141-54 pubmed publisher..We show that Coa3 and Cox14 form assembly intermediates with newly synthesized Cox1 and are required for Mss51 association with these ..
- McStay G, Su C, Tzagoloff A. Stabilization of Cox1p intermediates by the Cox14p-Coa3p complex. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:943-9 pubmed publisherb>Cox14p and Coa3p have been shown to regulate translation of the mitochondrial COX1 mRNA and to be required for assembly of cytochrome oxidase...
- Bareth B, Nikolov M, Lorenzi I, Hildenbeutel M, Mick D, Helbig C, et al. Oms1 associates with cytochrome c oxidase assembly intermediates to stabilize newly synthesized Cox1. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:1570-80 pubmed publisher..Our analyses show that Oms1 participates in cytochrome c oxidase assembly by stabilizing newly synthesized Cox1. ..