Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COR1
Description: ubiquinol--cytochrome-c reductase subunit COR1
Alias: QCR1, ubiquinol--cytochrome-c reductase subunit COR1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Chen Y, Taylor E, Dephoure N, Heo J, Tonhato A, Papandreou I, et al. Identification of a protein mediating respiratory supercomplex stability. Cell Metab. 2012;15:348-60 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Rcf1 is a member of an evolutionarily conserved protein family that acts to promote respiratory supercomplex assembly and activity. ..
- Deckers M, Balleininger M, Vukotic M, Römpler K, Bareth B, Juris L, et al. Aim24 stabilizes respiratory chain supercomplexes and is required for efficient respiration. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:2985-92 pubmed publisher..Deletion of AIM24 strongly affects activity of the respiratory chain and induces a growth defect on non-fermentable medium. Our data indicate that Aim24 has a function in stabilizing the respiratory chain supercomplexes. ..
- Gebert M, Schrempp S, Mehnert C, Heißwolf A, Oeljeklaus S, Ieva R, et al. Mgr2 promotes coupling of the mitochondrial presequence translocase to partner complexes. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:595-604 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Mgr2 is a coupling factor of the presequence translocase crucial for cell growth at elevated temperature and for efficient protein import. ..
- Römpler K, Müller T, Juris L, Wissel M, Vukotic M, Hofmann K, et al. Overlapping Role of Respiratory Supercomplex Factor Rcf2 and Its N-terminal Homolog Rcf3 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:23769-23778 pubmed..Furthermore, our data suggest an association of all three Rcf proteins with the bc1 complex in the absence of a functional cytochrome c oxidase and identify a supercomplex independent interaction network of the Rcf proteins. ..
- Mick D, Vukotic M, Piechura H, Meyer H, Warscheid B, Deckers M, et al. Coa3 and Cox14 are essential for negative feedback regulation of COX1 translation in mitochondria. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:141-54 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Coa1 binding to sequestered Mss51 in complex with Cox14, Coa3, and Cox1 is essential for full inactivation. ..
- Lauffer S, Mäbert K, Czupalla C, Pursche T, Hoflack B, Rödel G, et al. Saccharomyces cerevisiae porin pore forms complexes with mitochondrial outer membrane proteins Om14p and Om45p. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:17447-58 pubmed publisher..We propose a model for the role of the two OM proteins in addressing the porin pore to bind to specific channels in the mt IM to facilitate transport of metabolites. ..
- Strogolova V, Furness A, Robb McGrath M, Garlich J, Stuart R. Rcf1 and Rcf2, members of the hypoxia-induced gene 1 protein family, are critical components of the mitochondrial cytochrome bc1-cytochrome c oxidase supercomplex. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1363-73 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings, we propose a model where the Hig1 proteins regulate the COX enzyme activity through Cox3 and associated Cox12 protein, in a manner that may be influenced by the neighboring AAC proteins. ..
- Stuart R. Chapter 11 Supercomplex organization of the yeast respiratory chain complexes and the ADP/ATP carrier proteins. Methods Enzymol. 2009;456:191-208 pubmed publisher..The method used to analyze the cytochrome bc(1)-COX-AAC supercomplex and to affinity purify the Aac2 isoform and its associating proteins from S. cerevisiae mitochondria will be outlined in this chapter. ..
- Conte A, Papa B, Ferramosca A, Zara V. The dimerization of the yeast cytochrome bc1 complex is an early event and is independent of Rip1. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:987-95 pubmed publisher..Finally, a new model of cytochrome bc1 complex assembly, in which distinct intermediates sequentially interact during bc1 maturation, has been proposed. ..
- Gatti D, Tzagoloff A. Structure and function of the mitochondrial bc1 complex. Properties of the complex in temperature-sensitive cor1 mutants. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:21468-75 pubmed..All the cor1 mutants examined have greatly reduced concentrations of mitochondrial cytochrome b and display succinate-cytochrome ..
- Tzagoloff A, Wu M, Crivellone M. Assembly of the mitochondrial membrane system. Characterization of COR1, the structural gene for the 44-kilodalton core protein of yeast coenzyme QH2-cytochrome c reductase. J Biol Chem. 1986;261:17163-9 pubmed..fails to complement G7 mutants thereby confirming the correct identification of the gene henceforth referred to as COR1. The carboxyl-terminal half of the COR1 gene has been fused to the amino-terminal half of the Escherichia coli trpE ..
- Bareth B, Nikolov M, Lorenzi I, Hildenbeutel M, Mick D, Helbig C, et al. Oms1 associates with cytochrome c oxidase assembly intermediates to stabilize newly synthesized Cox1. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:1570-80 pubmed publisher..Our analyses show that Oms1 participates in cytochrome c oxidase assembly by stabilizing newly synthesized Cox1. ..
- Zhao H, Wang Q, Liu C, Shang Y, Wen F, Wang F, et al. A Role for the Respiratory Chain in Regulating Meiosis Initiation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2018;208:1181-1194 pubmed publisher..In summary, our studies unveiled the close relationship between mitochondria and sporulation, and uncover a novel meiosis initiation pathway that is regulated by the respiratory chain. ..
- Buttner S, Ruli D, Vögtle F, Galluzzi L, Moitzi B, Eisenberg T, et al. A yeast BH3-only protein mediates the mitochondrial pathway of apoptosis. EMBO J. 2011;30:2779-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, the yeast genome encodes a functional BH3 domain that induces cell death through phylogenetically conserved mechanisms. ..