Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COG2
Description: Golgi transport complex subunit COG2
Alias: SEC35, Golgi transport complex subunit COG2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kim D, Massey T, Sacher M, Pypaert M, Ferro Novick S. Sgf1p, a new component of the Sec34p/Sec35p complex. Traffic. 2001;2:820-30 pubmedHere we report the identification of SGF1 as a high-copy suppressor of the sec35-1 mutant. SGF1 encodes an essential hydrophilic protein of approximately 100 kDa...
- Kim D. Characterization of Grp1p, a novel cis-Golgi matrix protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:370-8 pubmed..5h incubation at 38.5 degrees C. Together, these data suggest that Grp1p is a novel matrix protein that is involved in the structural organization of the cis-Golgi. ..
- Shemorry A, Hwang C, Varshavsky A. Control of protein quality and stoichiometries by N-terminal acetylation and the N-end rule pathway. Mol Cell. 2013;50:540-51 pubmed publisher..Cog1, a subunit of the Golgi-associated COG complex, is also shown to contain an Ac/N-degron. Cog2 and Cog3, direct ligands of Cog1, can repress this degron...
- Yen W, Shintani T, Nair U, Cao Y, Richardson B, Li Z, et al. The conserved oligomeric Golgi complex is involved in double-membrane vesicle formation during autophagy. J Cell Biol. 2010;188:101-14 pubmed publisher..In addition, mutations in the COG genes resulted in the mislocalization of Atg8 and Atg9, which are critical components involved in autophagosome formation...
- Lees J, Yip C, Walz T, Hughson F. Molecular organization of the COG vesicle tethering complex. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:1292-7 pubmed publisher..well-studied example, the conserved oligomeric Golgi (COG) complex, we reconstituted its essential subunits (Cog1, Cog2, Cog3 and Cog4) and used single-particle electron microscopy to reveal a y-shaped structure with three flexible, ..
- Chen S, Cai H, Park S, Menon S, Jackson C, Ferro Novick S. Trs65p, a subunit of the Ypt1p GEF TRAPPII, interacts with the Arf1p exchange factor Gea2p to facilitate COPI-mediated vesicle traffic. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:3634-44 pubmed publisher..In support of this proposal, we show that TRAPPII is more soluble in an arf1? mutant. ..