Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CLB2
Description: B-type cyclin CLB2
Alias: B-type cyclin CLB2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ahn S, Tobe B, Fitz Gerald J, Anderson S, Acurio A, Kron S. Enhanced cell polarity in mutants of the budding yeast cyclin-dependent kinase Cdc28p. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3589-600 pubmed..Like a clb2 Delta mutation, each confers tubular bud shape, apically polarized actin distribution, unipolar budding, and ..
- Ahn S, Acurio A, Kron S. Regulation of G2/M progression by the STE mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway in budding yeast filamentous growth. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3301-16 pubmed..These effects are abrogated by overexpression of the yeast mitotic cyclins Clb1 and Clb2. In turn, yeast deficient for Clb2 or carrying cdc28-1N, an allele of CDK defective for mitotic functions, display ..
- Shirayama M, Toth A, Galova M, Nasmyth K. APC(Cdc20) promotes exit from mitosis by destroying the anaphase inhibitor Pds1 and cyclin Clb5. Nature. 1999;402:203-7 pubmed..Remarkably, cells lacking both Pds1 and Clb5 can proliferate in the complete absence of Cdc20. ..
- Wang Y, Shirogane T, Liu D, Harper J, Elledge S. Exit from exit: resetting the cell cycle through Amn1 inhibition of G protein signaling. Cell. 2003;112:697-709 pubmed..Thus, Amn1 is part of a daughter-specific switch that helps cells exit from mitotic exit and reset the cell cycle. ..
- Surana U, Robitsch H, Price C, Schuster T, Fitch I, Futcher A, et al. The role of CDC28 and cyclins during mitosis in the budding yeast S. cerevisiae. Cell. 1991;65:145-61 pubmed..Three of these (CLB1, CLB2, and CLB4) encode proteins strongly homologous to G2-specific B-type cyclins...
- Kaiser P, Moncollin V, Clarke D, Watson M, Bertolaet B, Reed S, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase and Cks/Suc1 interact with the proteasome in yeast to control proteolysis of M-phase targets. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1190-202 pubmed..Ubiquitination and subsequent proteolysis of the mitotic regulators Clb2 and Pds1 depend on the cyclosome/APC and the 26S proteasome...
- Toyn J, Johnson A, Donovan J, Toone W, Johnston L. The Swi5 transcription factor of Saccharomyces cerevisiae has a role in exit from mitosis through induction of the cdk-inhibitor Sic1 in telophase. Genetics. 1997;145:85-96 pubmed..Second, both are hypersensitive to overexpression of the B cyclin CLB2. Thus Swi5-dependent activation of the SIC1 gene contributes to the deactivation of the B cyclin kinase, and hence ..
- Wasch R, Cross F. APC-dependent proteolysis of the mitotic cyclin Clb2 is essential for mitotic exit. Nature. 2002;418:556-62 pubmed..We find instead that destruction-box-dependent degradation of the mitotic cyclin Clb2 is essential for mitotic exit...
- McMillan J, Theesfeld C, Harrison J, Bardes E, Lew D. Determinants of Swe1p degradation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3560-75 pubmed..The other region did not appear to affect interactions with known Swe1p regulators, suggesting that other as-yet-unknown regulators exist. ..
- Lin F, Arndt K. The role of Saccharomyces cerevisiae type 2A phosphatase in the actin cytoskeleton and in entry into mitosis. EMBO J. 1995;14:2745-59 pubmed..after a shift to the non-permissive temperature, the pph21-102 cells were blocked in G2 and had low activity of Clb2-Cdc28 kinase. Expression of Clb2 from the S...
- Fitch I, Dahmann C, Surana U, Amon A, Nasmyth K, Goetsch L, et al. Characterization of four B-type cyclin genes of the budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 1992;3:805-18 pubmedThe previously described CLB1 and CLB2 genes encode a closely related pair of B-type cyclins. Here we present the sequences of another related pair of B-type cyclin genes, which we term CLB3 and CLB4...
- Huertas P, Cortes Ledesma F, Sartori A, Aguilera A, Jackson S. CDK targets Sae2 to control DNA-end resection and homologous recombination. Nature. 2008;455:689-92 pubmed publisher..These findings therefore provide a mechanistic basis for cell-cycle control of DSB repair and highlight the importance of regulating DSB resection. ..
- Cross F, Schroeder L, Kruse M, Chen K. Quantitative characterization of a mitotic cyclin threshold regulating exit from mitosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2129-38 pubmed..the threshold for mitotic block in budding yeast caused by constitutive overexpression of the mitotic cyclin Clb2. Near this threshold, the system displays marked loss of robustness, in that loss or even heterozygosity for some ..
- Schwab M, Neutzner M, Mocker D, Seufert W. Yeast Hct1 recognizes the mitotic cyclin Clb2 and other substrates of the ubiquitin ligase APC. EMBO J. 2001;20:5165-75 pubmed..By co-immunoprecipitation, we found that Hct1 interacted with the mitotic cyclins Clb2 and Clb3 and the polo-related kinase Cdc5, whereas Cdc20 interacted with the securin Pds1...
- Azzam R, Chen S, Shou W, Mah A, Alexandru G, Nasmyth K, et al. Phosphorylation by cyclin B-Cdk underlies release of mitotic exit activator Cdc14 from the nucleolus. Science. 2004;305:516-9 pubmed..Thus, a regulatory circuit exists to ensure that the arbiter of the mitotic state, Cdk, sets in motion events that culminate in exit from mitosis. ..
- Cheng A, Ross K, Kaldis P, Solomon M. Dephosphorylation of cyclin-dependent kinases by type 2C protein phosphatases. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2946-57 pubmed..Furthermore, PP2C-like enzymes are the predominant phosphatases toward human Cdk2 in HeLa cell extracts, indicating that the substrate specificity of PP2Cs toward CDKs is evolutionarily conserved. ..
- Liu H, Wang Y. The function and regulation of budding yeast Swe1 in response to interrupted DNA synthesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:2746-56 pubmed..Strikingly, our in vivo data indicate that Swe1 inhibits the kinase activity of Clb2-Cdk1, but not that of Clb5-Cdk1...
- Burton J, Solomon M. D box and KEN box motifs in budding yeast Hsl1p are required for APC-mediated degradation and direct binding to Cdc20p and Cdh1p. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2381-95 pubmed..These results indicate that D box and KEN box motifs are important for direct binding to the APC machinery, leading to ubiquitination and subsequent protein degradation. ..
- Irniger S, Baumer M, Braus G. Glucose and ras activity influence the ubiquitin ligases APC/C and SCF in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2000;154:1509-21 pubmed..We conclude that glucose and Ras proteins influence the APC/C and the SCF complex in an opposite manner. These ubiquitin ligases might represent novel targets for modulating cell division in response to growth conditions. ..
- Rudner A, Murray A. Phosphorylation by Cdc28 activates the Cdc20-dependent activity of the anaphase-promoting complex. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:1377-90 pubmed..We show that, like cdc28 mutants, cdc5 mutants affect APC phosphorylation in vivo. However, although Cdc5 can phosphorylate Cdc16 and Cdc27 in vitro, this in vitro phosphorylation does not occur on in vivo sites of phosphorylation. ..
- Ross K, Kaldis P, Solomon M. Activating phosphorylation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae cyclin-dependent kinase, cdc28p, precedes cyclin binding. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:1597-609 pubmed..We propose that Cdc28p is normally phosphorylated by Cak1p before it binds cyclin. This activation pathway contrasts with that in higher eukaryotes, in which cyclin binding appears to precede activating phosphorylation. ..
- Charles J, Jaspersen S, Tinker Kulberg R, Hwang L, Szidon A, Morgan D. The Polo-related kinase Cdc5 activates and is destroyed by the mitotic cyclin destruction machinery in S. cerevisiae. Curr Biol. 1998;8:497-507 pubmed..We conclude that Cdc5 is a positive regulator of cyclin-specific APC activity in late mitosis. Degradation of Cdc5 in G1 might provide a feedback mechanism by which the APC destroys its activator at the onset of the next cell cycle. ..
- Bouchoux C, Uhlmann F. A quantitative model for ordered Cdk substrate dephosphorylation during mitotic exit. Cell. 2011;147:803-14 pubmed publisher..This provides an example and a mechanistic explanation for a quantitative model of cell-cycle progression. ..
- Grandin N, Reed S. Differential function and expression of Saccharomyces cerevisiae B-type cyclins in mitosis and meiosis. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:2113-25 pubmedWe have studied the patterns of expression of four B-type cyclins (Clbs), Clb1, Clb2, Clb3, and Clb4, and their ability to activate p34cdc28 during the mitotic and meiotic cell cycles of Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Richardson H, Lew D, Henze M, Sugimoto K, Reed S. Cyclin-B homologs in Saccharomyces cerevisiae function in S phase and in G2. Genes Dev. 1992;6:2021-34 pubmed..These genes form two classes based on sequence relatedness: CLB1 and CLB2 show highest homology to the Schizosaccharomyces pombe cyclin-B homolog cdc13 involved in the initiation of mitosis,..
- Rudner A, Hardwick K, Murray A. Cdc28 activates exit from mitosis in budding yeast. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:1361-76 pubmed..The defects of CDC28-VF suggest that Cdc28 activity is required to induce the metaphase to anaphase transition and initiate the transition from anaphase to G1 in budding yeast...
- da Fonseca P, Kong E, Zhang Z, Schreiber A, Williams M, Morris E, et al. Structures of APC/C(Cdh1) with substrates identify Cdh1 and Apc10 as the D-box co-receptor. Nature. 2011;470:274-8 pubmed publisher..Our results rationalize the contribution of both co-activator and core APC/C subunits to D-box recognition and provide a structural framework for understanding mechanisms of substrate recognition and catalysis by the APC/C. ..
- Tobe B, Kitazono A, Garcia J, Gerber R, Bevis B, Choy J, et al. Morphogenesis signaling components influence cell cycle regulation by cyclin dependent kinase. Cell Div. 2009;4:12 pubmed publisher..The dynamic balance between Cks1- and Swe1-dependent regulation of Cdc28 and, thereby, the timing of mitosis during yeast dimorphism is regulated in part by Ras2/cAMP-mediated PKA signaling, a key pathway controlling filamentous growth. ..
- Manfrini N, Gobbini E, Baldo V, Trovesi C, Lucchini G, Longhese M. G(1)/S and G(2)/M cyclin-dependent kinase activities commit cells to death in the absence of the S-phase checkpoint. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4971-85 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these findings suggest that the essential function of Mec1 and Rad53 is not necessarily separated from the function of these kinases in supporting DNA synthesis under stress conditions. ..
- Dhillon N, Oki M, Szyjka S, Aparicio O, Kamakaka R. H2A.Z functions to regulate progression through the cell cycle. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:489-501 pubmed..We also found that H2A.Z localized to the promoters of cyclin genes, and cells lacking H2A.Z were delayed in the induction of these cyclin genes. Several different models are proposed to explain these observations. ..
- Chee M, Haase S. B-cyclin/CDKs regulate mitotic spindle assembly by phosphorylating kinesins-5 in budding yeast. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000935 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Kip1 and Cin8 are in vitro targets of Clb2/Cdc28 and that the mutation of conserved CDK phosphorylation sites on Kip1 inhibits spindle pole separation without ..
- Pecani K, Cross F. Degradation of the Mitotic Cyclin Clb3 Is not Required for Mitotic Exit but Is Necessary for G1 Cyclin Control of the Succeeding Cell Cycle. Genetics. 2016;204:1479-1494 pubmed..For instance, precise genomic removal of the Clb2 destruction box (D box) prevents mitotic proteolysis of Clb2, and blocks mitotic exit...
- Schreiber G, Barberis M, Scolari S, Klaus C, Herrmann A, Klipp E. Unraveling interactions of cell cycle-regulating proteins Sic1 and B-type cyclins in living yeast cells: a FLIM-FRET approach. FASEB J. 2012;26:546-54 pubmed publisher..Specifically, Sic1/Clb3 interaction was observed for the first time, and Sic1/Clb2 and Sic1/Clb5 pairs were confirmed, but no Sic1/Clb4 interaction was found, which suggests that, despite high ..
- Ostapenko D, Burton J, Solomon M. Identification of anaphase promoting complex substrates in S. cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45895 pubmed publisher..Thus, the APC/C(Cdh1)-mediated degradation of these proteins may help to coordinate re-entry into the cell cycle following environmental stresses. ..
- Shi B. Decoding common and divergent cellular functions of the domains of forkhead transcription factors Fkh1 and Fkh2. Biochem J. 2016;473:3855-3869 pubmed..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, two forkhead transcription factors, Fkh1 and Fkh2, regulate the transcription of CLB2 cluster genes important for mitosis. Fkh1 reduces, whereas Fkh2 elevates, the transcription of CLB2 cluster genes...
- Meyn M, Melloy P, Li J, Holloway S. The destruction box of the cyclin Clb2 binds the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome subunit Cdc23. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;407:189-95 pubmed..Cdc23, but not five other subunits tested, interacted by two-hybrid analysis with the N terminus of wild-type Clb2. None of these subunits interacted with the N termini of the cyclins Clb1, Clb3, or Clb5...
- Siegmund R, Nasmyth K. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae Start-specific transcription factor Swi4 interacts through the ankyrin repeats with the mitotic Clb2/Cdc28 kinase and through its conserved carboxy terminus with Swi6. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:2647-55 pubmed..In G2 and M phases, the transcriptional activity of SCB-binding factor is repressed by the mitotic Clb2/Cdc28 kinase...
- Miled C, Mann C, Faye G. Xbp1-mediated repression of CLB gene expression contributes to the modifications of yeast cell morphology and cell cycle seen during nitrogen-limited growth. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:3714-24 pubmed..We found that Clb1, Clb2, and Clb5 cyclin levels are reduced in nitrogen-limited chemostat cultures compared to levels in rich-medium ..
- Liu H, Toyn J, Chiang Y, Draper M, Johnston L, Denis C. DBF2, a cell cycle-regulated protein kinase, is physically and functionally associated with the CCR4 transcriptional regulatory complex. EMBO J. 1997;16:5289-98 pubmed..These data indicate that DBF2 is involved in the control of gene expression and suggest that the CCR4 complex regulates transcription during the late mitotic part of the cell cycle. ..
- Kramer K, Fesquet D, Johnson A, Johnston L. Budding yeast RSI1/APC2, a novel gene necessary for initiation of anaphase, encodes an APC subunit. EMBO J. 1998;17:498-506 pubmed..Thus SIC1 clearly becomes essential when APC function is compromised. Finally, we find that Rsi1p/Apc2p co-immunoprecipitates with Cdc23p. Taken together, our results suggest that RSI1/APC2 is a subunit of APC. ..
- Krishnan V, Nirantar S, Crasta K, Cheng A, Surana U. DNA replication checkpoint prevents precocious chromosome segregation by regulating spindle behavior. Mol Cell. 2004;16:687-700 pubmed..Thus, the DNA replication checkpoint prevents precocious chromosome segregation, not by inhibiting entry into mitosis as widely believed, but by directly regulating spindle dynamics. ..
- Laman H, Balderes D, Shore D. Disturbance of normal cell cycle progression enhances the establishment of transcriptional silencing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:3608-17 pubmed..Mutations in different cyclin genes (CLN3, CLB5, and CLB2) and two cell cycle transcriptional regulators (SWI4 and MBP1) also suppress the silencing defect at HMR...
- Burton J, Tsakraklides V, Solomon M. Assembly of an APC-Cdh1-substrate complex is stimulated by engagement of a destruction box. Mol Cell. 2005;18:533-42 pubmed..Moreover, an intact D box domain within a substrate was required to stimulate the association between the Cdh1p-substrate complex and the APC. ..
- Signon L, Simon M. The analysis of S. cerevisiae cells deleted for mitotic cyclin Clb2 reveals a novel requirement of Sgs1 DNA helicase and Exonuclease 1 when replication forks break in the presence of alkylation damage. Mutat Res. 2014;769:80-92 pubmed publisherIn this study, we report the effects of deleting the principal mitotic cyclin, Clb2, in different repair deficient contexts on sensitivity to the alkylating DNA damaging agent, methyl methanesulphonate (MMS)...
- Hood J, Hwang W, Silver P. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae cyclin Clb2p is targeted to multiple subcellular locations by cis- and trans-acting determinants. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:589-97 pubmed..These data indicate that Clb2p exists in multiple places in the yeast cell, possibly allowing Cdc28p to locally phosphorylate substrates at distinct subcellular sites. ..
- Kaizu K, Moriya H, Kitano H. Fragilities caused by dosage imbalance in regulation of the budding yeast cell cycle. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000919 pubmed publisher..We also showed that fragility arising from dosage imbalance between ESP1 and PDS1 is masked by CDH1 and CLB2. The masking function of CLB2 was stabilization of Pds1 by its phosphorylation...
- Cross F, Yuste Rojas M, Gray S, Jacobson M. Specialization and targeting of B-type cyclins. Mol Cell. 1999;4:11-9 pubmed..We replaced the early-expressed CLB5 coding sequence with the late-expressed CLB2 coding sequence, at the CLB5 locus...
- Richter Ruoff B, Wolf D. Proteasome and cell cycle. Evidence for a regulatory role of the protease on mitotic cyclins in yeast. FEBS Lett. 1993;336:34-6 pubmed..of the multifunctional proteinase, the proteasome, is directly connected to the function of the mitotic cyclin Clb2. Our studies indicate that the proteasome is the proteolytic regulator of this cyclin and thus a central regulator ..
- Amon A, Tyers M, Futcher B, Nasmyth K. Mechanisms that help the yeast cell cycle clock tick: G2 cyclins transcriptionally activate G2 cyclins and repress G1 cyclins. Cell. 1993;74:993-1007 pubmed..yeast, G1 cyclins such as CLN1 and CLN2 are expressed in G1 and S phases, while mitotic cyclins such as CLB1 and CLB2 are expressed in G2 and M phases...
- Taberner F, Quilis I, Sendra J, Bañó M, Igual J. Regulation of cell cycle transcription factor Swi5 by karyopherin Msn5. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:959-70 pubmed publisherInactivation of S. cerevisiae ?-karyopherin Msn5 causes hypersensitivity to the overexpression of mitotic cyclin Clb2 and aggravates growth defects of many mutant strains in mitotic exit, suggesting a connection between Msn5 and mitotic ..
- Tzeng Y, HUANG J, Schuyler S, Wu C, Juang Y. Functions of the mitotic B-type cyclins CLB1, CLB2, and CLB3 at mitotic exit antagonized by the CDC14 phosphatase. Fungal Genet Biol. 2011;48:966-78 pubmed publisher..cdc14(A280V)clb2? cells displayed a defect in actin ring assembly...
- Eluère R, Offner N, Varlet I, Motteux O, Signon L, Picard A, et al. Compartmentalization of the functions and regulation of the mitotic cyclin Clb2 in S. cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:702-11 pubmed..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the mitotic cyclin Clb2 has a central role in regulating the onset of anaphase and in maintaining the cellular shape of the bud by ..
- Kuczera T, Bayram Ö, Sari F, Braus G, Irniger S. Dissection of mitotic functions of the yeast cyclin Clb2. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:2611-9 pubmed publisher..In the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Clb2 has the most important role among the four mitotic cyclins, Clb1-4, manifested by data showing that simultaneous ..
- Meitinger F, Boehm M, Hofmann A, Hub B, Zentgraf H, Lehmann W, et al. Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of the F-BAR protein Hof1 during cytokinesis. Genes Dev. 2011;25:875-88 pubmed publisher..Genetic and functional data support a model in which Dbf2-Mob1 regulates Hof1 by inducing domain rearrangements, leading to the exposure of the Hof1 RLS domain during telophase. ..
- Lyons N, Morgan D. Cdk1-dependent destruction of Eco1 prevents cohesion establishment after S phase. Mol Cell. 2011;42:378-89 pubmed publisher..We also show that deregulation of Eco1 results in chromosome separation defects in anaphase. We conclude that this regulatory mechanism helps optimize the level of sister chromatid cohesion, ensuring a robust and efficient anaphase. ..
- Amin A, Dimova D, Ferreira M, Vishnoi N, Hancock L, Osley M, et al. The mitotic Clb cyclins are required to alleviate HIR-mediated repression of the yeast histone genes at the G1/S transition. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1819:16-27 pubmed publisher..histone gene transcription in strains with various combinations of clb mutations, we found that the mitotic Clb1/Clb2 cyclins are required to alleviate Hir-mediated repression during the G1/S transition and that Clb2 physically ..
- Shohat Tal A, Eshel D. Cell cycle regulators interact with pathways that modulate microtubule stability in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2011;10:1705-13 pubmed publisher..Our results introduce novel roles in microtubule stability for genes whose participation in the process may be masked under normal conditions yet nonetheless acquire a dominant role when microtubule stability is compromised. ..
- Krebs J, Fry C, Samuels M, Peterson C. Global role for chromatin remodeling enzymes in mitotic gene expression. Cell. 2000;102:587-98 pubmed..We propose that SWI/SNF and Gcn5p are globally required for mitotic gene expression due to the condensed state of mitotic chromatin. ..
- Tran L, Wang ondu R, Weng J, Wanjiku G, Fong C, Kile A, et al. TORC1 kinase and the S-phase cyclin Clb5 collaborate to promote mitotic spindle assembly and DNA replication in S. cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 2010;56:479-93 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which TORC1 and Clb5/CDK act coordinately to promote both spindle assembly via a pathway involving Kip3 and S phase progression. ..
- Casey L, Patterson E, Muller U, Fox C. Conversion of a replication origin to a silencer through a pathway shared by a Forkhead transcription factor and an S phase cyclin. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:608-22 pubmed..These and other data supported a model in which FKH1 and CLB5 modulated Sir2-4 chromatin and late-origin firing through opposing regulation of a common pathway. ..
- Skotheim J, Di Talia S, Siggia E, Cross F. Positive feedback of G1 cyclins ensures coherent cell cycle entry. Nature. 2008;454:291-6 pubmed publisher..A similar G1/S regulatory network in mammalian cells, comprised of non-orthologous genes, suggests either conservation of regulatory architecture or convergent evolution. ..
- Mayer M, Pot I, Chang M, Xu H, Aneliunas V, Kwok T, et al. Identification of protein complexes required for efficient sister chromatid cohesion. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1736-45 pubmed..Furthermore, we find that genes involved in mitotic spindle integrity and positioning have a previously unrecognized role in sister chromatid cohesion. ..
- Bailly E, Cabantous S, Sondaz D, Bernadac A, Simon M. Differential cellular localization among mitotic cyclins from Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a new role for the axial budding protein Bud3 in targeting Clb2 to the mother-bud neck. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:4119-30 pubmedThe mitotic cyclin Clb2 plays a major role in promoting M-phase in budding yeast, despite its functional redundancy with three closely related cyclins Clb1, Clb3 and Clb4...
- Dial J, Petrotchenko E, Borchers C. Inhibition of APCCdh1 activity by Cdh1/Acm1/Bmh1 ternary complex formation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:5237-48 pubmed..The assembly of the ternary complex inhibits ubiquitination of Clb2 in vitro by blocking the interaction of Cdh1 with Clb2...
- Machu C, Eluère R, Signon L, Simon M, de La Roche Saint André C, Bailly E. Spatially distinct functions of Clb2 in the DNA damage response. Cell Cycle. 2014;13:383-98 pubmed publisher..We find that clb2?, in contrast to the other mitotic cyclin mutants, inappropriately respond to the presence of DNA damage...
- Curwin A, LeBlanc M, Fairn G, McMaster C. Localization of lipid raft proteins to the plasma membrane is a major function of the phospholipid transfer protein Sec14. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55388 pubmed publisher..Localization of both lipid raft proteins was restored upon increased expression of the sec14(ts) allele. We suggest that a major function provided by Sec14 is trafficking and localization of lipid raft proteins. ..
- McQueen J, van Dyk D, Young B, Loewen C, Measday V. The Mck1 GSK-3 kinase inhibits the activity of Clb2-Cdk1 post-nuclear division. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:3421-32 pubmed publisher..Here, we report a novel function for Mck1 in the inhibition of Clb2-Cdk1 activity post nuclear division...
- Rossio V, Galati E, Ferrari M, Pellicioli A, Sutani T, Shirahige K, et al. The RSC chromatin-remodeling complex influences mitotic exit and adaptation to the spindle assembly checkpoint by controlling the Cdc14 phosphatase. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:981-97 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that fine-tuning regulators of mitotic exit have important functions during mitotic progression in cells treated with microtubule poisons and might be promising targets for cancer treatment. ..
- Palani S, Meitinger F, Boehm M, Lehmann W, Pereira G. Cdc14-dependent dephosphorylation of Inn1 contributes to Inn1-Cyk3 complex formation. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3091-6 pubmed publisher..We propose that Cdc14 counteracts Cdk1 phosphorylation of Inn1 to facilitate Inn1-Cyk3 complex formation and so promote cytokinesis. ..
- Sheu Y, Barral Y, Snyder M. Polarized growth controls cell shape and bipolar bud site selection in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:5235-47 pubmed..Prolonging polarized growth phases by disrupting the G(2)/M cyclin gene CLB2 enhances the accuracy of bud site selection in wild-type, spa2Delta, and ste20Delta cells, whereas shortening the ..
- Wu S, Kuan V, Tzeng Y, Schuyler S, Juang Y. The anaphase-promoting complex works together with the SCF complex for proteolysis of the S-phase cyclin Clb6 during the transition from G1 to S phase. Fungal Genet Biol. 2016;91:6-19 pubmed publisher..all five mutations of S6A, T39A, S147A, mkb and mdb in combination, had a greater effect on promoting expression of Clb2 and S-phase entry, caused a greater G2 delay and a greater defect in cell division...
- Jacobson M, Gray S, Yuste Rojas M, Cross F. Testing cyclin specificity in the exit from mitosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:4483-93 pubmed..Loss of viability correlated with retention of nuclear Clb5p at the time of nuclear division. CLB2-Deltadb overexpression that was quantitatively comparable to CLB5-Deltadb overexpression with respect to Clb ..