Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CLB1
Description: B-type cyclin CLB1
Alias: SCB1, B-type cyclin CLB1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ahn S, Tobe B, Fitz Gerald J, Anderson S, Acurio A, Kron S. Enhanced cell polarity in mutants of the budding yeast cyclin-dependent kinase Cdc28p. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3589-600 pubmed..These results suggest that Swe1p, via inhibition of Clb2p/Cdc28p, may mediate much of the effect of Cln1p on filamentous morphogenesis. ..
- Krishnan V, Nirantar S, Crasta K, Cheng A, Surana U. DNA replication checkpoint prevents precocious chromosome segregation by regulating spindle behavior. Mol Cell. 2004;16:687-700 pubmed..Thus, the DNA replication checkpoint prevents precocious chromosome segregation, not by inhibiting entry into mitosis as widely believed, but by directly regulating spindle dynamics. ..
- Pecani K, Cross F. Degradation of the Mitotic Cyclin Clb3 Is not Required for Mitotic Exit but Is Necessary for G1 Cyclin Control of the Succeeding Cell Cycle. Genetics. 2016;204:1479-1494 pubmedB-type cyclins promote mitotic entry and inhibit mitotic exit. In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, four B-type cyclins, Clb1-4, carry out essential mitotic roles, with substantial but incomplete overlap of function among them...
- Acosta I, Ontoso D, San Segundo P. The budding yeast polo-like kinase Cdc5 regulates the Ndt80 branch of the meiotic recombination checkpoint pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:3478-90 pubmed publisher..of the Ndt80 transcription factor, which drives the expression of genes required for meiotic divisions, including CLB1. We also show that depletion of Cdc5 during meiotic prophase prevents the production of Ndt80 and that CDK activity ..
- Kito K, Kawaguchi N, Okada S, Ito T. Discrimination between stable and dynamic components of protein complexes by means of quantitative proteomics. Proteomics. 2008;8:2366-70 pubmed publisher..We successfully applied this strategy to analyze two yeast protein complexes, eIF2B-eIF2 and cyclin-Cdc28. ..
- Fitch I, Dahmann C, Surana U, Amon A, Nasmyth K, Goetsch L, et al. Characterization of four B-type cyclin genes of the budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 1992;3:805-18 pubmedThe previously described CLB1 and CLB2 genes encode a closely related pair of B-type cyclins. Here we present the sequences of another related pair of B-type cyclin genes, which we term CLB3 and CLB4...
- Ghiara J, Richardson H, Sugimoto K, Henze M, Lew D, Wittenberg C, et al. A cyclin B homolog in S. cerevisiae: chronic activation of the Cdc28 protein kinase by cyclin prevents exit from mitosis. Cell. 1991;65:163-74 pubmed..The protein, designated Scb1, has a high degree of similarity with B-type cyclins from organisms ranging from fission yeast to human...
- Cross F, Yuste Rojas M, Gray S, Jacobson M. Specialization and targeting of B-type cyclins. Mol Cell. 1999;4:11-9 pubmed..CLB5::CLB2 exhibited almost no rescue of clb5-specific replication defects, although it could rescue clb1 clb2 lethality, and in synchronized cells Clb2p-associated kinase activity from CLB5::CLB2 rose early in the cell ..
- Kiburz B, Amon A, Marston A. Shugoshin promotes sister kinetochore biorientation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1199-209 pubmed..In contrast, Sgo1 is important to bias sister kinetochores toward biorientation. We suggest that Sgo1 acts at sister kinetochores to promote their biorientation. ..
- Tan G, Magurno J, Cooper K. Ama1p-activated anaphase-promoting complex regulates the destruction of Cdc20p during meiosis II. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:315-26 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a mechanism to temporally down-regulate APC/C(Cdc20) activity as the cells complete meiosis II and form spores. ..
- Tibbles K, Sarkar S, Novak B, Arumugam P. CDK-dependent nuclear localization of B-cyclin Clb1 promotes FEAR activation during meiosis I in budding yeast. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79001 pubmed publisher..In budding yeast, the B-cyclin Clb1 is phosphorylated and localizes to the nucleus during meiosis I...
- Surana U, Robitsch H, Price C, Schuster T, Fitch I, Futcher A, et al. The role of CDC28 and cyclins during mitosis in the budding yeast S. cerevisiae. Cell. 1991;65:145-61 pubmed..Three of these (CLB1, CLB2, and CLB4) encode proteins strongly homologous to G2-specific B-type cyclins...
- Hanna J, Hathaway N, Tone Y, Crosas B, Elsasser S, Kirkpatrick D, et al. Deubiquitinating enzyme Ubp6 functions noncatalytically to delay proteasomal degradation. Cell. 2006;127:99-111 pubmed..We propose that Ubp6 regulates both the nature and magnitude of proteasome activity. ..
- Cai T, Aulds J, Gill T, Cerio M, Schmitt M. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae RNase mitochondrial RNA processing is critical for cell cycle progression at the end of mitosis. Genetics. 2002;161:1029-42 pubmed..a RNase MRP mutation can be suppressed by overexpressing the polo-like kinase CDC5 or by deleting the B-type cyclin CLB1, without restoring the MRP-dependent rRNA-processing step...
- Tzeng Y, HUANG J, Schuyler S, Wu C, Juang Y. Functions of the mitotic B-type cyclins CLB1, CLB2, and CLB3 at mitotic exit antagonized by the CDC14 phosphatase. Fungal Genet Biol. 2011;48:966-78 pubmed publisher..However, cdc14(A280V)clb1? cells displayed a pronounced increase in apical projections, while cdc14(A280V)clb3? cells were observed to form ..
- Amin A, Dimova D, Ferreira M, Vishnoi N, Hancock L, Osley M, et al. The mitotic Clb cyclins are required to alleviate HIR-mediated repression of the yeast histone genes at the G1/S transition. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1819:16-27 pubmed publisher..histone gene transcription in strains with various combinations of clb mutations, we found that the mitotic Clb1/Clb2 cyclins are required to alleviate Hir-mediated repression during the G1/S transition and that Clb2 physically ..
- Liang F, Richmond D, Wang Y. Coordination of chromatid separation and spindle elongation by antagonistic activities of mitotic and S-phase CDKs. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003319 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the tight temporal control of spindle elongation and cohesin cleavage assure orchestrated chromosome separation and spindle elongation. ..
- Ahn S, Acurio A, Kron S. Regulation of G2/M progression by the STE mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway in budding yeast filamentous growth. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3301-16 pubmed..These effects are abrogated by overexpression of the yeast mitotic cyclins Clb1 and Clb2...
- Bailly E, Cabantous S, Sondaz D, Bernadac A, Simon M. Differential cellular localization among mitotic cyclins from Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a new role for the axial budding protein Bud3 in targeting Clb2 to the mother-bud neck. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:4119-30 pubmed..role in promoting M-phase in budding yeast, despite its functional redundancy with three closely related cyclins Clb1, Clb3 and Clb4...
- Guttmann Raviv N, Boger Nadjar E, Edri I, Kassir Y. Cdc28 and Ime2 possess redundant functions in promoting entry into premeiotic DNA replication in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2001;159:1547-58 pubmed..Ectopic overexpression of Clb1 at early meiotic times advances premeiotic DNA replication, meiotic recombination, and nuclear division, but the ..