Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CIN5
Alias: HAL6, YAP4, Cin5p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Fu J, Hou J, Chen L, Wang M, Shen Y, Zhang Z, et al. The yeast BDF1 regulates endocytosis via LSP1 under salt stress. Curr Microbiol. 2015;70:671-8 pubmed publisher..The results revealed that LSP1, an upstream component of endocytosis pathway, and CIN5, a transcription factor that mediates cellular resistance to stresses, can enhance salt resistance of bdf1âˆ†...
- Gulshan K, Thommandru B, Moye Rowley W. Proteolytic degradation of the Yap1 transcription factor is regulated by subcellular localization and the E3 ubiquitin ligase Not4. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:26796-805 pubmed publisher..These data uncover a new, conserved pathway for regulation of the oxidative stress response that serves to temporally limit the duration of Yap1-dependent transcriptional activation. ..
- Hanlon S, Rizzo J, Tatomer D, Lieb J, Buck M. The stress response factors Yap6, Cin5, Phd1, and Skn7 direct targeting of the conserved co-repressor Tup1-Ssn6 in S. cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19060 pubmed publisher..Four top candidates, Cin5, Skn7, Phd1, and Yap6, all known to be associated with stress response gene regulation, were experimentally ..
- Sollner S, Schober M, Wagner A, Prem A, Lorkova L, Palfey B, et al. Quinone reductase acts as a redox switch of the 20S yeast proteasome. EMBO Rep. 2009;10:65-70 pubmed publisher..of the FMN cofactor by either NADH or light irradiation results in the binding of the b-Zip transcription factor Yap4 to the Lot6-proteasome complex, indicating that recruitment of the transcription factor depends on the redox state ..
- Lacefield S, Magendantz M, Solomon F. Consequences of defective tubulin folding on heterodimer levels, mitosis and spindle morphology in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2006;173:635-46 pubmed
- Nevitt T, Pereira J, Azevedo D, Guerreiro P, Rodrigues Pousada C. Expression of YAP4 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae under osmotic stress. Biochem J. 2004;379:367-74 pubmedb>YAP4, a member of the yeast activator protein ( YAP ) gene family, is induced in response to osmotic shock in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. The null mutant displays mild and moderate growth sensitivity at 0.4 M and 0...
- Dagkessamanskaia A, Martin Yken H, Basmaji F, Briza P, Francois J. Interaction of Knr4 protein, a protein involved in cell wall synthesis, with tyrosine tRNA synthetase encoded by TYS1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2001;200:53-8 pubmed..Altogether, these data provide novel functions of Knr4p and Tys1p to those that were known before. ..
- Wang Z, Danziger S, Heavner B, Ma S, Smith J, Li S, et al. Combining inferred regulatory and reconstructed metabolic networks enhances phenotype prediction in yeast. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005489 pubmed publisher..With experimental validation, these novel genetic interactions involving the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex suggested a new role for fatty acid-responsive factor Oaf1 in regulating acetyl-CoA production in glucose grown cells. ..