Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHS2
Description: chitin synthase CHS2
Alias: chitin synthase CHS2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Jakobsen M, Cheng Z, Lam S, Roth Johnson E, Barfield R, Schekman R. Phosphorylation of Chs2p regulates interaction with COPII. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:2151-6 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that dephosphorylation functions as a molecular switch for regulated ER exit of Chs2p. ..
- Onishi M, Ko N, Nishihama R, Pringle J. Distinct roles of Rho1, Cdc42, and Cyk3 in septum formation and abscission during yeast cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:311-29 pubmed publisher..This work suggests a general role for the catalytically inactive transglutaminases of fungi and animals, some of which have previously been implicated in cytokinesis. ..
- Mancini Lombardi I, Palani S, Meitinger F, Darieva Z, Hofmann A, Sharrocks A, et al. Lre1 directly inhibits the NDR/Lats kinase Cbk1 at the cell division site in a phosphorylation-dependent manner. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1736-45 pubmed publisher..We propose that similar inhibitory proteins may also provide fine tuning for the activity of NDR kinases in other organisms. ..
- Cassani C, Raspelli E, Santo N, Chiroli E, Lucchini G, Fraschini R. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Dma proteins participate in cytokinesis by controlling two different pathways. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:2794-808 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings suggest that the Dma proteins act as negative regulators of cytokinesis. ..
- Yabe T, Yamada Okabe T, Nakajima T, Sudoh M, Arisawa M, Yamada Okabe H. Mutational analysis of chitin synthase 2 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Identification of additional amino acid residues involved in its catalytic activity. Eur J Biochem. 1998;258:941-7 pubmed..Thr805, the mutation of which severely diminished enzymatic activity and the enzyme's ability to rescue the yeast chs2 delta chs3 delta null mutant strain...
- Oh Y, Schreiter J, Nishihama R, Wloka C, Bi E. Targeting and functional mechanisms of the cytokinesis-related F-BAR protein Hof1 during the cell cycle. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1305-20 pubmed publisher..role in maintaining the symmetry of Myo1 ring constriction during cytokinesis and that Hof1 interacts with Chs2, a chitin synthase that is required for primary septum formation...
- Chin C, Tan K, Onishi M, Chew Y, Augustine B, Lee W, et al. Timely Endocytosis of Cytokinetic Enzymes Prevents Premature Spindle Breakage during Mitotic Exit. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006195 pubmed publisher..spindle breakage observed in endocytosis mutants can be rescued either by deleting or inhibiting the activities of, CHS2, CHS3 and FKS1, which are involved in septum formation...
- Meitinger F, Palani S, Hub B, Pereira G. Dual function of the NDR-kinase Dbf2 in the regulation of the F-BAR protein Hof1 during cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1290-304 pubmed publisher..Thus our data show that Dbf2 coordinates septin and AMR functions during cytokinesis through the regulation/control of Hof1. ..
- Devrekanli A, Foltman M, Roncero C, Sanchez Diaz A, Labib K. Inn1 and Cyk3 regulate chitin synthase during cytokinesis in budding yeasts. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:5453-66 pubmed publisher..In this way, we identified 22 dominant mutations of CHS2 (chitin synthase II) that map to two neighbouring sites in the catalytic domain...