Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHO2
Description: phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase
Alias: PEM1, phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- He X, Qian W, Wang Z, Li Y, Zhang J. Prevalent positive epistasis in Escherichia coli and Saccharomyces cerevisiae metabolic networks. Nat Genet. 2010;42:272-6 pubmed publisher..We offer mechanistic explanations of these findings and experimentally validate them for 61 S. cerevisiae gene pairs. ..
- BeGora M, Macleod M, McCarry B, Summers P, Weretilnyk E. Identification of phosphomethylethanolamine N-methyltransferase from Arabidopsis and its role in choline and phospholipid metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:29147-55 pubmed publisher..two methylation steps was cloned from Arabidopsis by heterologous complementation of a Saccharomyces cerevisiae cho2, opi3 mutant...
- Gulshan K, Moye Rowley W. Vacuolar import of phosphatidylcholine requires the ATP-binding cassette transporter Ybt1. Traffic. 2011;12:1257-68 pubmed publisher..Our data describe a novel vacuolar route for lipid remodeling and reutilization in addition to previously described enzymatic avenues in the cytoplasm...
- Thibault G, Shui G, Kim W, McAlister G, Ismail N, Gygi S, et al. The membrane stress response buffers lethal effects of lipid disequilibrium by reprogramming the protein homeostasis network. Mol Cell. 2012;48:16-27 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the UPR maintains protein biogenesis, quality control, and membrane integrity-functions otherwise lethally compromised in lipid dysregulated cells. ..
- Tavassoli S, Chao J, Young B, Cox R, Prinz W, de Kroon A, et al. Plasma membrane--endoplasmic reticulum contact sites regulate phosphatidylcholine synthesis. EMBO Rep. 2013;14:434-40 pubmed publisher..Opi3 activity requires Osh3, which localizes to PM-ER contacts where it might facilitate in trans catalysis by Opi3. Thus, membrane contact sites provide a structural mechanism to regulate lipid synthesis. ..
- Sakakibara K, Eiyama A, Suzuki S, Sakoh Nakatogawa M, Okumura N, Tani M, et al. Phospholipid methylation controls Atg32-mediated mitophagy and Atg8 recycling. EMBO J. 2015;34:2703-19 pubmed publisher..pathway for conversion of phosphatidylethanolamine to phosphatidylcholine by the two methyltransferases Cho2 and Opi3...
- Sadhu M, Moresco J, Zimmer A, Yates J, Rine J. Multiple inputs control sulfur-containing amino acid synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1653-65 pubmed publisher..Mutants defective in MET regulon repression reveal that loss of Cho2, which is required for the methylation of phosphatidylethanolamine to produce phosphatidylcholine, leads to ..
- Bilgin M, Markgraf D, Duchoslav E, Knudsen J, Jensen O, de Kroon A, et al. Quantitative profiling of PE, MMPE, DMPE, and PC lipid species by multiple precursor ion scanning: a tool for monitoring PE metabolism. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1811:1081-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, we benchmarked the mass-tag strategy by specific and sensitive profiling of intermediate MMPE and DMPE species in liver. ..
- Federovitch C, Jones Y, Tong A, Boone C, Prinz W, Hampton R. Genetic and structural analysis of Hmg2p-induced endoplasmic reticulum remodeling in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4506-20 pubmed publisher..These phospholipid effects, unlike Hmg2p-induced ER remodeling, required the enzymatic activity of Hmg2p. Together, our results indicate that, although related, Hmg2p- and Hmg1p-induced ER remodeling are mechanistically distinct. ..