Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHL1
Alias: CTF1, LPA9, MCM12, Chl1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- L Holloway S. CHL1 is a nuclear protein with an essential ATP binding site that exhibits a size-dependent effect on chromosome segregation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:3056-64 pubmedSaccharomyces cerevisiae chl1 mutants have a significant increase in the rate of chromosome missegregation...
- Weiler K, Szeto L, Broach J. Mutations affecting donor preference during mating type interconversion in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1995;139:1495-510 pubmed..Our results indicate that Chl1p participates in the process of donor selection and are consistent with a model in which Chl1p helps establish an ..
- Laha S, Das S, Hajra S, Sau S, Sinha P. The budding yeast protein Chl1p is required to preserve genome integrity upon DNA damage in S-phase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:5880-91 pubmedThe budding yeast protein, Chl1p, is required for sister-chromatid cohesion, transcriptional silencing, rDNA recombination and aging...
- Borges V, Smith D, Whitehouse I, Uhlmann F. An Eco1-independent sister chromatid cohesion establishment pathway in S. cerevisiae. Chromosoma. 2013;122:121-34 pubmed publisher..In addition to Eco1, several other factors contribute to cohesion establishment, including Ctf4, Ctf18, Tof1, Csm3, Chl1 and Mrc1, but little is known about their roles...
- Daee D, Ferrari E, Longerich S, Zheng X, Xue X, Branzei D, et al. Rad5-dependent DNA repair functions of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae FANCM protein homolog Mph1. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:26563-75 pubmed publisher..this study we genetically characterized a conserved yeast ICL repair pathway composed of the yeast homologs (Mph1, Chl1, Mhf1, Mhf2) of four FA proteins (FANCM, FANCJ, MHF1, MHF2)...
- Rudra S, Skibbens R. Chl1 DNA helicase regulates Scc2 deposition specifically during DNA-replication in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75435 pubmed publisher..b>Chl1 DNA helicase (homolog of human ChlR1/DDX11 and BACH1/BRIP1/FANCJ helicases implicated in Fanconi anemia, breast and ..
- Samora C, Saksouk J, Goswami P, Wade B, Singleton M, Bates P, et al. Ctf4 Links DNA Replication with Sister Chromatid Cohesion Establishment by Recruiting the Chl1 Helicase to the Replisome. Mol Cell. 2016;63:371-84 pubmed publisher..The Eco1 acetyltransferase, helped by factors including Ctf4 and Chl1, concomitantly acetylates the chromosomal cohesin complex to stabilize its cohesive links...
- He X, Khan A, Cheng H, Pappas D, Hampsey M, Moore C. Functional interactions between the transcription and mRNA 3' end processing machineries mediated by Ssu72 and Sub1. Genes Dev. 2003;17:1030-42 pubmed
- Litwin I, Bakowski T, Maciaszczyk Dziubinska E, Wysocki R. The LSH/HELLS homolog Irc5 contributes to cohesin association with chromatin in yeast. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:6404-6416 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Irc5 is an auxiliary factor that is involved in cohesin association with chromatin. ..
- Singh S, Shemesh K, Liefshitz B, Kupiec M. Genetic and physical interactions between the yeast ELG1 gene and orthologs of the Fanconi anemia pathway. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:1625-36 pubmed publisher..the Mhf1/Mhf2 histone-like complex and genetically interacts with MPH1 (ortholog of the FANCM helicase) and CHL1 (ortholog of the FANCJ helicase) genes...
- Lai M, Seki M, Tada S, Enomoto T. Rmi1 functions in S phase-mediated cohesion establishment via a pathway involving the Ctf18-RFC complex and Mrc1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;427:682-6 pubmed publisher..cohesion in a process that was distinct from both the cohesion establishment pathway involving Ctf4, Csm3, and Chl1 and the pathway involving the acetylation of Smc3...
- Ma L, Zhai Y, Feng D, Chan T, Lu Y, Fu X, et al. Identification of novel factors involved in or regulating initiation of DNA replication by a genome-wide phenotypic screen in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:4399-410 pubmed..show that overexpression of replication initiation proteins causes synthetic dosage lethality or growth defects in ctf1 and ctf18 mutants and that Ctf1p and Ctf18p physically interact with ORC, Cdt1p and MCM proteins...
- Wang Y, Burke D. Checkpoint genes required to delay cell division in response to nocodazole respond to impaired kinetochore function in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:6838-44 pubmed..The BUB2 gene may be part of a separate checkpoint that responds to abnormal spindle structure. ..
- Coïc E, Sun K, Wu C, Haber J. Cell cycle-dependent regulation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae donor preference during mating-type switching by SBF (Swi4/Swi6) and Fkh1. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5470-80 pubmed..In addition, the putative helicase Chl1, previously involved in donor preference, functions in the SBF pathway.
- Nedea E, He X, Kim M, Pootoolal J, Zhong G, Canadien V, et al. Organization and function of APT, a subcomplex of the yeast cleavage and polyadenylation factor involved in the formation of mRNA and small nucleolar RNA 3'-ends. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:33000-10 pubmed..Ref2 and Pta1 similarly affect at least one snoRNA transcript. ..