Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CET1
Description: polynucleotide 5'-phosphatase
Alias: CES5, polynucleotide 5'-phosphatase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Lahudkar S, Durairaj G, Uprety B, Bhaumik S. A novel role for Cet1p mRNA 5'-triphosphatase in promoter proximal accumulation of RNA polymerase II in Saccharomyces cerevisiase. Genetics. 2014;196:161-76 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate a novel role of Cet1p in regulation of promoter proximal accumulation of RNA polymerase II independently of mRNA capping activity, and hence transcription in vivo...
- Mukai Y, Davie J, Dent S. Physical and functional interaction of the yeast corepressor Tup1 with mRNA 5'-triphosphatase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18895-901 pubmed..Similarly, the S. cerevisiae Tup1 protein associates with the mRNA 5'-triphosphatase encoded by the CET1 gene...
- Krogan N, Dover J, Wood A, Schneider J, Heidt J, Boateng M, et al. The Paf1 complex is required for histone H3 methylation by COMPASS and Dot1p: linking transcriptional elongation to histone methylation. Mol Cell. 2003;11:721-9 pubmed..Collectively, our results suggest that the Paf1 complex is required for histone H3 methylation, therefore linking transcriptional elongation to chromatin methylation. ..
- Sen R, Kaja A, Ferdoush J, Lahudkar S, Barman P, Bhaumik S. An mRNA Capping Enzyme Targets FACT to the Active Gene To Enhance the Engagement of RNA Polymerase II into Transcriptional Elongation. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisherWe have recently demonstrated that an mRNA capping enzyme, Cet1, impairs promoter-proximal accumulation/pausing of RNA polymerase II (Pol II) independently of its capping activity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae to control ..
- Suh M, Meyer P, Gu M, Ye P, Zhang M, Kaplan C, et al. A dual interface determines the recognition of RNA polymerase II by RNA capping enzyme. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:34027-38 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the dual interface based on combining PCI1 and PCI2 is required for directing CE to Pol II elongation complexes. ..
- Yamada Okabe T, Mio T, Matsui M, Kashima Y, Arisawa M, Yamada Okabe H. Isolation and characterization of the Candida albicans gene for mRNA 5'-triphosphatase: association of mRNA 5'-triphosphatase and mRNA 5'-guanylyltransferase activities is essential for the function of mRNA 5'-capping enzyme in vivo. FEBS Lett. 1998;435:49-54 pubmed..CaCET1 rescued CET1-deficient S...
- Cho E, Takagi T, Moore C, Buratowski S. mRNA capping enzyme is recruited to the transcription complex by phosphorylation of the RNA polymerase II carboxy-terminal domain. Genes Dev. 1997;11:3319-26 pubmed..Our results provide in vitro and in vivo evidence that capping enzyme is recruited to the transcription complex via phosphorylation of the RNA polymerase CTD. ..
- Myers L, Lacomis L, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P. The yeast capping enzyme represses RNA polymerase II transcription. Mol Cell. 2002;10:883-94 pubmed..Efficient pre-mRNA capping relies on interactions between the capping enzyme and transcription apparatus. Repression by the capping enzyme suggests a bidirectional flow of information between capping and transcription. ..
- Takizawa N, Fujiwara T, Yamasaki M, Saito A, Fukao A, Nomoto A, et al. The essential role for the RNA triphosphatase Cet1p in nuclear import of the mRNA capping enzyme Cet1p-Ceg1p complex of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78000 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the Cet1p-Ceg1p interaction is important not only for the activation of Ceg1p, but also for nuclear import of the complex. ..
- Xu Y, Triantafyllou I, Cable M, Palermo R. High-throughput assays for yeast RNA 5' triphosphatase (Cet1p). Anal Biochem. 2008;372:89-95 pubmed..The charcoal absorption method run in the 96-well plate format has general utility for any phosphatase using nucleotides, nucleic acids, or proteins as substrate. ..
- Lidschreiber M, Leike K, Cramer P. Cap completion and C-terminal repeat domain kinase recruitment underlie the initiation-elongation transition of RNA polymerase II. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3805-16 pubmed publisher..We show that the early Pol II elongation factor Spt5 contributes to stable recruitment of the mRNA capping enzymes Cet1, Ceg1, and Abd1...
- Vincent K, Wang Q, Jay S, Hobbs K, Rymond B. Genetic interactions with CLF1 identify additional pre-mRNA splicing factors and a link between activators of yeast vesicular transport and splicing. Genetics. 2003;164:895-907 pubmed..Prp19, Prp22, and Syf2 splicing factors and four proteins without established contribution to splicing (Bud13, Cet1, Cwc2, and Rds3)...
- Muratani M, Kung C, Shokat K, Tansey W. The F box protein Dsg1/Mdm30 is a transcriptional coactivator that stimulates Gal4 turnover and cotranscriptional mRNA processing. Cell. 2005;120:887-99 pubmed..We propose that Gal4 ubiquitylation and destruction are required for initiation-competent transcription complexes to transition to fully mature elongating complexes capable of appropriate mRNA processing. ..