Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CEG1
Description: mRNA guanylyltransferase
Alias: mRNA guanylyltransferase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bharati A, Singh N, Kumar V, Kashif M, Singh A, Singh P, et al. The mRNA capping enzyme of Saccharomyces cerevisiae has dual specificity to interact with CTD of RNA Polymerase II. Sci Rep. 2016;6:31294 pubmed publisher..Here we report that the Saccharomyces cerevesiae RNA guanylyltransferase (Ceg1) has dual specificity and interacts not only with Ser5P but also with Ser7P of the CTD...
- Rodriguez C, Cho E, Keogh M, Moore C, Greenleaf A, Buratowski S. Kin28, the TFIIH-associated carboxy-terminal domain kinase, facilitates the recruitment of mRNA processing machinery to RNA polymerase II. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:104-12 pubmed..Immunoblotting suggests that the capping enzyme guanylyltransferase (Ceg1) is stabilized in vivo by its interaction with the CTD and that serine 5, the major site of phosphorylation within ..
- Kim H, Jeong S, Heo J, Jeong S, Kim S, Youn H, et al. mRNA capping enzyme activity is coupled to an early transcription elongation. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6184-93 pubmedOne of the temperature-sensitive alleles of CEG1, a guanylyltransferase subunit of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae capping enzyme, showed 6-azauracil (6AU) sensitivity at the permissive growth temperature, which is a phenotype that is ..
- Jimeno González S, Haaning L, Malagon F, Jensen T. The yeast 5'-3' exonuclease Rat1p functions during transcription elongation by RNA polymerase II. Mol Cell. 2010;37:580-7 pubmed publisher..Consistently, Rat1p-dependent RNAPII termination is also observed in the capping-deficient ceg1-63 strain...
- Yamada Okabe T, Mio T, Matsui M, Kashima Y, Arisawa M, Yamada Okabe H. Isolation and characterization of the Candida albicans gene for mRNA 5'-triphosphatase: association of mRNA 5'-triphosphatase and mRNA 5'-guanylyltransferase activities is essential for the function of mRNA 5'-capping enzyme in vivo. FEBS Lett. 1998;435:49-54 pubmed
- Fresco L, Buratowski S. Conditional mutants of the yeast mRNA capping enzyme show that the cap enhances, but is not required for, mRNA splicing. RNA. 1996;2:584-96 pubmed..in intact yeast cells, conditional alleles of the gene encoding the capping enzyme guanylyltransferase subunit (CEG1) were generated...
- Schroeder S, Schwer B, Shuman S, Bentley D. Dynamic association of capping enzymes with transcribing RNA polymerase II. Genes Dev. 2000;14:2435-40 pubmed..In vitro, the yeast mRNA capping enzymes Ceg1 and Abd1 bind specifically to the phosphorylated CTD...
- Schwer B, Linder P, Shuman S. Effects of deletion mutations in the yeast Ces1 protein on cell growth and morphology and on high copy suppression of mutations in mRNA capping enzyme and translation initiation factor 4A. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:803-9 pubmed..Delta ces 4 cold-sensitive phenotype, to restore normal morphology and to suppress the temparature-sensitive mutant ceg1-25 ...
- Myers L, Lacomis L, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P. The yeast capping enzyme represses RNA polymerase II transcription. Mol Cell. 2002;10:883-94 pubmed..Efficient pre-mRNA capping relies on interactions between the capping enzyme and transcription apparatus. Repression by the capping enzyme suggests a bidirectional flow of information between capping and transcription. ..
- Garrido Godino A, García López M, Navarro F. Correct assembly of RNA polymerase II depends on the foot domain and is required for multiple steps of transcription in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3611-26 pubmed publisher..Finally, our data help clarify the mechanisms governing the assembly and stability of RNA pol II. ..
- Calvo O, Manley J. The transcriptional coactivator PC4/Sub1 has multiple functions in RNA polymerase II transcription. EMBO J. 2005;24:1009-20 pubmed..Our data provide evidence that Rna15 and Sub1 are present along the length of several genes and that Sub1 facilitates elongation by influencing enzymes that modify RNAP II. ..
- Estruch F, Hodge C, Rodriguez Navarro S, Cole C. Physical and genetic interactions link the yeast protein Zds1p with mRNA nuclear export. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9691-7 pubmed..We proposed that Zds1p associates with the complex formed by Dbp5p, Gfd1p, and nucleoporins at the cytosolic fibrils of the nuclear pore complex and is required for optimal mRNA export. ..
- Suh H, Ficarro S, Kang U, Chun Y, Marto J, Buratowski S. Direct Analysis of Phosphorylation Sites on the Rpb1 C-Terminal Domain of RNA Polymerase II. Mol Cell. 2016;61:297-304 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, msCTD associated with capping enzyme was enriched for Ser5-P while that bound to the transcription termination factor Rtt103 had higher levels of Ser2-P. These results suggest a relatively sparse and simple "CTD code." ..
- Ohira T, Suzuki T. Precursors of tRNAs are stabilized by methylguanosine cap structures. Nat Chem Biol. 2016;12:648-55 pubmed publisher..In addition, a population of capped pre-tRNAs accumulated in strains in which 5' exonucleases were inhibited, indicating that the 5' cap structures protect pre-tRNAs from 5'-exonucleolytic degradation during maturation. ..
- Schwer B, Shuman S. Multicopy suppressors of temperature-sensitive mutations of yeast mRNA capping enzyme. Gene Expr. 1996;5:331-44 pubmed..when present in high copy, suppress the ts growth defect caused by mutations in the CEG1 gene encoding mRNA guanylyltransferase (capping enzyme). Molecular characterization of the capping enzyme suppressor genes reveals the following...
- Lidschreiber M, Leike K, Cramer P. Cap completion and C-terminal repeat domain kinase recruitment underlie the initiation-elongation transition of RNA polymerase II. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3805-16 pubmed publisher..that the early Pol II elongation factor Spt5 contributes to stable recruitment of the mRNA capping enzymes Cet1, Ceg1, and Abd1...
- Garcia Lopez M, Pelechano V, Mirón García M, Garrido Godino A, Garcia A, Calvo O, et al. The conserved foot domain of RNA pol II associates with proteins involved in transcriptional initiation and/or early elongation. Genetics. 2011;189:1235-48 pubmed publisher..analyses point to a role for these proteins in transcriptional initiation and/or early elongation, consistent with their genetic interactions with CEG1, a guanylyltransferase subunit of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae capping enzyme.
- Schwer B, Mao X, Shuman S. Accelerated mRNA decay in conditional mutants of yeast mRNA capping enzyme. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:2050-7 pubmed..Here, we analyzed gene expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells bearing conditional mutations of Ceg1 (capping enzyme), a 52 kDa protein that transfers GMP from GTP to the 5' end of mRNA to form the GpppN cap ..
- Cho E, Takagi T, Moore C, Buratowski S. mRNA capping enzyme is recruited to the transcription complex by phosphorylation of the RNA polymerase II carboxy-terminal domain. Genes Dev. 1997;11:3319-26 pubmed..Our results provide in vitro and in vivo evidence that capping enzyme is recruited to the transcription complex via phosphorylation of the RNA polymerase CTD. ..
- Suh M, Meyer P, Gu M, Ye P, Zhang M, Kaplan C, et al. A dual interface determines the recognition of RNA polymerase II by RNA capping enzyme. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:34027-38 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the dual interface based on combining PCI1 and PCI2 is required for directing CE to Pol II elongation complexes. ..
- Brown J, Yang X, Johnson A. Inhibition of mRNA turnover in yeast by an xrn1 mutation enhances the requirement for eIF4E binding to eIF4G and for proper capping of transcripts by Ceg1p. Genetics. 2000;155:31-42 pubmed..Another allele of CDC33, cdc33-1, along with mutations in CEG1, encoding the nuclear guanylyltransferase, were also synthetic lethal with xrn1Delta, whereas mutations in PRT1, ..
- Takagi T, Cho E, Janoo R, Polodny V, Takase Y, Keogh M, et al. Divergent subunit interactions among fungal mRNA 5'-capping machineries. Eukaryot Cell. 2002;1:448-57 pubmed..cerevisiae mRNA capping enzyme consists of two subunits: an RNA 5'-triphosphatase (RTPase) and GTP::mRNA guanylyltransferase (GTase)...
- Takizawa N, Fujiwara T, Yamasaki M, Saito A, Fukao A, Nomoto A, et al. The essential role for the RNA triphosphatase Cet1p in nuclear import of the mRNA capping enzyme Cet1p-Ceg1p complex of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78000 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the Cet1p-Ceg1p interaction is important not only for the activation of Ceg1p, but also for nuclear import of the complex. ..