Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CEF1
Alias: NTC85, Cef1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Gahura O, Abrhámová K, Skruzny M, Valentová A, Munzarová V, Folk P, et al. Prp45 affects Prp22 partition in spliceosomal complexes and splicing efficiency of non-consensus substrates. J Cell Biochem. 2009;106:139-51 pubmed publisher..screen, we found that prp45(1-169) genetically interacts with alleles of NTC members SYF1, CLF1/SYF3, NTC20, and CEF1, and 2nd step splicing factors SLU7, PRP17, PRP18, and PRP22...
- Chen H, Chang K, Su Y, Huang Y, Cheng S. Structural requirement of Ntc77 for spliceosome activation and first catalytic step. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:12261-71 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal functional roles of Ntc77 in both spliceosome activation and the first catalytic step, and distinct structural domains of Ntc77 required for these two steps. ..
- Query C, Konarska M. CEF1/CDC5 alleles modulate transitions between catalytic conformations of the spliceosome. RNA. 2012;18:1001-13 pubmed publisher..We have now identified the strongest non-prp8 suppressors as alleles of the NTC (Prp19 complex) component, CEF1. These cef1 alleles generally suppress second-step defects caused by a variety of intron mutations, mutations in U6 ..
- Hoskins A, Friedman L, Gallagher S, Crawford D, Anderson E, Wombacher R, et al. Ordered and dynamic assembly of single spliceosomes. Science. 2011;331:1289-95 pubmed publisher..This experimental strategy should prove widely useful for mechanistic analysis of other macromolecular machines in environments approaching the complexity of living cells. ..
- Goldfeder M, Oliveira C. Cwc24p, a novel Saccharomyces cerevisiae nuclear ring finger protein, affects pre-snoRNA U3 splicing. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:2644-53 pubmed..Cwc24p, a novel yeast RING finger protein that had been previously isolated in a complex with the splicing factor Cef1p. Here we show that, consistent with the protein interaction data, Cwc24p localizes to the cell nucleus, and its ..
- Tsai R, Fu R, Yeh F, Tseng C, Lin Y, Huang Y, et al. Spliceosome disassembly catalyzed by Prp43 and its associated components Ntr1 and Ntr2. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2991-3003 pubmed..This is the first demonstration of physical disassembly of the spliceosome, catalyzed by a complex containing a DExD/H-box RNA helicase and two accessory factors, which might function in targeting the helicase to the correct substrate. ..
- Ohi M, Vander Kooi C, Rosenberg J, Ren L, Hirsch J, Chazin W, et al. Structural and functional analysis of essential pre-mRNA splicing factor Prp19p. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:451-60 pubmed..consistent with Prp19p tetramerization providing an interaction surface for a single copy of its binding partner, Cef1p. Electron microscopy showed that the isolated Prp19p tetramer is an elongated particle consisting of four globular ..
- Ohi M, Gould K. Characterization of interactions among the Cef1p-Prp19p-associated splicing complex. RNA. 2002;8:798-815 pubmedSchizosaccharomyces pombe (Sp) Cdc5p and its Saccharomyces cerevisiae (Sc) ortholog, Cef1p, are essential components of the spliceosome. In S...
- Hoskins A, Rodgers M, Friedman L, Gelles J, Moore M. Single molecule analysis reveals reversible and irreversible steps during spliceosome activation. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..The data reveal the activation mechanism and show that overall splicing efficiency may be maintained through repeated rounds of disassembly and tri-snRNP reassociation. ..
- Bai R, Yan C, Wan R, Lei J, Shi Y. Structure of the Post-catalytic Spliceosome from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell. 2017;171:1589-1598.e8 pubmed publisher..The 3'SS is stabilized through an interaction with the 1585-loop of Prp8. The P complex structure provides a view on splice junction formation critical for understanding the complete splicing cycle. ..