Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdc50p
Description: aminophospholipid translocase regulatory protein CDC50
Alias: aminophospholipid translocase regulatory protein CDC50
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Takeda M, Yamagami K, Tanaka K. Role of phosphatidylserine in phospholipid flippase-mediated vesicle transport in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2014;13:363-75 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that flippase-dependent vesicle formation is mediated by phospholipid flipping, not by flipped phospholipids. ..
- Puts C, Panatala R, Hennrich H, Tsareva A, Williamson P, Holthuis J. Mapping functional interactions in a heterodimeric phospholipid pump. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:30529-40 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data indicate that a dynamic association between subunit and transporter is crucial for the transport reaction cycle of the heterodimer. ..
- Azouaoui H, Montigny C, Jacquot A, Barry R, Champeil P, Lenoir G. Coordinated Overexpression in Yeast of a P4-ATPase and Its Associated Cdc50 Subunit: The Case of the Drs2p/Cdc50p Lipid Flippase Complex. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1377:37-55 pubmed publisher..the overexpression of a yeast lipid flippase complex, namely the P4-ATPase Drs2p and its associated subunit Cdc50p, in a coordinated manner...
- Puts C, Lenoir G, Krijgsveld J, Williamson P, Holthuis J. A P4-ATPase protein interaction network reveals a link between aminophospholipid transport and phosphoinositide metabolism. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:833-42 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that aminophospholipid transport and phosphoinositide metabolism are interconnected at the Golgi. ..
- Kishimoto T, Yamamoto T, Tanaka K. Defects in structural integrity of ergosterol and the Cdc50p-Drs2p putative phospholipid translocase cause accumulation of endocytic membranes, onto which actin patches are assembled in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5592-609 pubmed..b>Cdc50p, a membrane protein in the endosomal/trans-Golgi network compartments, is a noncatalytic subunit of Drs2p, which ..
- Yamagami K, Yamamoto T, Sakai S, Mioka T, Sano T, Igarashi Y, et al. Inositol depletion restores vesicle transport in yeast phospholipid flippase mutants. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120108 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that inositol depletion changes the lipid composition of the endosomal/TGN membranes, which results in vesicle formation from these membranes in the absence of flippases. ..
- Yamamoto T, Fujimura Kamada K, Shioji E, Suzuki R, Tanaka K. Cfs1p, a Novel Membrane Protein in the PQ-Loop Family, Is Involved in Phospholipid Flippase Functions in Yeast. G3 (Bethesda). 2017;7:179-192 pubmed publisher..Saccharomyces cerevisiae has four heteromeric flippases (Drs2p, Dnf1p, Dnf2p, and Dnf3p), associated with the Cdc50p family noncatalytic subunit, and one monomeric flippase, Neo1p They have been suggested to function in vesicle ..
- Azouaoui H, Montigny C, DieudonnÃ© T, Champeil P, Jacquot A, VÃ¡zquez Ibar J, et al. High phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate (PI4P)-dependent ATPase activity for the Drs2p-Cdc50p flippase after removal of its N- and C-terminal extensions. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:7954-7970 pubmed publisher..to investigate the role of the N and C termini in ATP hydrolysis and auto-inhibition of the yeast flippase Drs2p-Cdc50p. We show that limited proteolysis of the detergent-solubilized and purified yeast flippase may result in more than ..
- Radji M, Kim J, Togan T, Yoshikawa H, Shirahige K. The cloning and characterization of the CDC50 gene family in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2001;18:195-205 pubmed..We also found that the CDC39 gene was a multicopy suppressor of cdc50-1 mutation, suggesting that the CDC50 family is involved in regulation of transcription via CDC39. ..
- Takatsu H, Baba K, Shima T, Umino H, Kato U, Umeda M, et al. ATP9B, a P4-ATPase (a putative aminophospholipid translocase), localizes to the trans-Golgi network in a CDC50 protein-independent manner. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:38159-67 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ATP9B is able to exit the ER and localize to the TGN independently of CDC50 proteins and that this protein contains a Golgi localization signal in its N-terminal cytoplasmic region. ..
- Azouaoui H, Montigny C, Ash M, Fijalkowski F, Jacquot A, GrÃ¸nberg C, et al. A high-yield co-expression system for the purification of an intact Drs2p-Cdc50p lipid flippase complex, critically dependent on and stabilized by phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e112176 pubmed publisher..In this report, we present a procedure for high-yield co-expression of a yeast flippase, the Drs2p-Cdc50p complex...