Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CDC27
Description: anaphase promoting complex subunit CDC27
Alias: APC3, SNB1, anaphase promoting complex subunit CDC27
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Thornton B, Ng T, Matyskiela M, Carroll C, Morgan D, Toczyski D. An architectural map of the anaphase-promoting complex. Genes Dev. 2006;20:449-60 pubmed..one that contains Apc2 (Cullin), Apc11 (RING), and Doc1/Apc10, and another that contains the three TPR subunits (Cdc27, Cdc16, and Cdc23)...
- da Fonseca P, Kong E, Zhang Z, Schreiber A, Williams M, Morris E, et al. Structures of APC/C(Cdh1) with substrates identify Cdh1 and Apc10 as the D-box co-receptor. Nature. 2011;470:274-8 pubmed publisher..Our results rationalize the contribution of both co-activator and core APC/C subunits to D-box recognition and provide a structural framework for understanding mechanisms of substrate recognition and catalysis by the APC/C. ..
- Passmore L, McCormack E, Au S, Paul A, Willison K, Harper J, et al. Doc1 mediates the activity of the anaphase-promoting complex by contributing to substrate recognition. EMBO J. 2003;22:786-96 pubmed..These results imply that Doc1p/Apc10 may play a role to regulate the binding of specific substrates, similar to that of the coactivators. ..
- Rudner A, Murray A. Phosphorylation by Cdc28 activates the Cdc20-dependent activity of the anaphase-promoting complex. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:1377-90 pubmed..Mutating putative Cdc28 phosphorylation sites in three components of the APC, Cdc16, Cdc23, and Cdc27, makes the APC resistant to phosphorylation both in vivo and in vitro...
- Kraft C, Vodermaier H, Maurer Stroh S, Eisenhaber F, Peters J. The WD40 propeller domain of Cdh1 functions as a destruction box receptor for APC/C substrates. Mol Cell. 2005;18:543-53 pubmed..We further show that Cdh1 specifically crosslinks to the APC/C subunit Cdc27 and that Cdh1 binding to APC/C depends on the presence of Cdc27...
- Buschhorn B, Petzold G, Galova M, Dube P, Kraft C, Herzog F, et al. Substrate binding on the APC/C occurs between the coactivator Cdh1 and the processivity factor Doc1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:6-13 pubmed publisher..We show that Doc1 interacts with Cdc27, Cdc16 and Apc1 and is located in the vicinity of the cullin-RING module Apc2-Apc11 in the inner cavity of the APC/..
- Matyskiela M, Morgan D. Analysis of activator-binding sites on the APC/C supports a cooperative substrate-binding mechanism. Mol Cell. 2009;34:68-80 pubmed publisher..We identified residues in Cdc23 and Cdc27 that are required for APC/C binding to Cdc20 and Cdh1 and for APC/C function in vivo...
- Passmore L, Booth C, Venien Bryan C, Ludtke S, Fioretto C, Johnson L, et al. Structural analysis of the anaphase-promoting complex reveals multiple active sites and insights into polyubiquitylation. Mol Cell. 2005;20:855-66 pubmed..Our data suggest that multimerisation and/or the presence of multiple active sites facilitates the APC/C's ability to elongate polyubiquitin chains. ..
- Leverson J, Joazeiro C, Page A, Huang H, Hieter P, Hunter T. The APC11 RING-H2 finger mediates E2-dependent ubiquitination. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:2315-25 pubmed..We suggest that Apc11p is responsible for recruiting E2s to the APC and for mediating the subsequent transfer of ubiquitin to APC substrates in vivo. ..
- Heichman K, Roberts J. The yeast CDC16 and CDC27 genes restrict DNA replication to once per cell cycle. Cell. 1996;85:39-48 pubmedCDC16 and CDC27 were identified as genes in S. cerevisiae necessary to limit DNA replication to once per cell cycle...
- Hein J, Nilsson J. Stable MCC binding to the APC/C is required for a functional spindle assembly checkpoint. EMBO Rep. 2014;15:264-72 pubmed publisher..We thus show that stable MCC association with the APC/C is critical for a functional SAC. ..
- Bolte M, Dieckhoff P, Krause C, Braus G, Irniger S. Synergistic inhibition of APC/C by glucose and activated Ras proteins can be mediated by each of the Tpk1-3 proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Microbiology. 2003;149:1205-16 pubmed..However, Tpk2 seems to inhibit APC/C function more efficiently than Tpk1 and Tpk3. Finally, evidence is provided that Cdc20 is involved in APC/C regulation by the cAMP/PKA pathway. ..
- Blethrow J, Tang C, Deng C, Krutchinsky A. Modular mass spectrometric tool for analysis of composition and phosphorylation of protein complexes. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e358 pubmed
- Page A, Aneliunas V, Lamb J, Hieter P. In vivo characterization of the nonessential budding yeast anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome components Swm1p, Mnd2p and Apc9p. Genetics. 2005;170:1045-62 pubmed..Furthermore, the role of Apc9p in APC/C-dependent ubiquitination may be limited to the proteolysis of a select number of substrates. ..
- Poddar A, Stukenberg P, Burke D. Two complexes of spindle checkpoint proteins containing Cdc20 and Mad2 assemble during mitosis independently of the kinetochore in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:867-78 pubmed..The proteins Mad2, Mad3, Bub3, Cdc20, and Cdc27 in yeast were quantified, and there are sufficient amounts to form stoichiometric inhibitors of Cdc20 and the ..
- Zachariae W, Nasmyth K. Whose end is destruction: cell division and the anaphase-promoting complex. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2039-58 pubmed
- Irniger S, Baumer M, Braus G. Glucose and ras activity influence the ubiquitin ligases APC/C and SCF in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2000;154:1509-21 pubmed..We conclude that glucose and Ras proteins influence the APC/C and the SCF complex in an opposite manner. These ubiquitin ligases might represent novel targets for modulating cell division in response to growth conditions. ..
- Yu H, Peters J, King R, Page A, Hieter P, Kirschner M. Identification of a cullin homology region in a subunit of the anaphase-promoting complex. Science. 1998;279:1219-22 pubmedThe anaphase-promoting complex is composed of eight protein subunits, including BimE (APC1), CDC27 (APC3), CDC16 (APC6), and CDC23 (APC8)...
- Zachariae W, Shevchenko A, Andrews P, Ciosk R, Galova M, Stark M, et al. Mass spectrometric analysis of the anaphase-promoting complex from yeast: identification of a subunit related to cullins. Science. 1998;279:1216-9 pubmed..Apc2p is similar to the cullin Cdc53p, which is a subunit of the ubiquitin-protein ligase complex SCFCdc4 required for the initiation of DNA replication. ..
- Oelschlaegel T, Schwickart M, Matos J, Bogdanova A, Camasses A, Havlis J, et al. The yeast APC/C subunit Mnd2 prevents premature sister chromatid separation triggered by the meiosis-specific APC/C-Ama1. Cell. 2005;120:773-88 pubmed..In vitro, Mnd2 inhibits ubiquitination of Pds1 by APC/C-Ama1 but not by other APC/C holo-enzymes. We conclude that chromosome segregation in meiosis depends on the selective inhibition of a meiosis-specific form of the APC/C. ..
- Tan G, Lewandowski R, Mallory M, Strich R, Cooper K. Mutually dependent degradation of Ama1p and Cdc20p terminates APC/C ubiquitin ligase activity at the completion of meiotic development in yeast. Cell Div. 2013;8:9 pubmed publisher..In addition, these results support a model in which Ama1p and Cdc20p relocate to the substrate address within the APC/C cavity prior to degradation. ..
- Torres M, Borchers C. Mitotic phosphorylation of the anaphase-promoting complex inhibitory subunit Mnd2 is necessary for efficient progression through meiosis i. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:17351-62 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that mitotic phosphorylation of Mnd2 is necessary for APC-mediated progression beyond the first meiotic nuclear division. ..
- Crasta K, Lim H, Giddings T, Winey M, Surana U. Inactivation of Cdh1 by synergistic action of Cdk1 and polo kinase is necessary for proper assembly of the mitotic spindle. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:665-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, Cdh1 inactivation through the synergistic action of Cdk1 and polo kinase provides a new model for inactivation of cell-cycle effectors. ..
- Ostapenko D, Solomon M. Anaphase promoting complex-dependent degradation of transcriptional repressors Nrm1 and Yhp1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2175-84 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in addition to its known functions, APC-mediated targeting of Nrm1 and Yhp1 coordinates transcription of multiple genes in G1 with other cell cycle events. ..
- Lamb J, Michaud W, Sikorski R, Hieter P. Cdc16p, Cdc23p and Cdc27p form a complex essential for mitosis. EMBO J. 1994;13:4321-8 pubmed..The conservation of at least two of the three proteins from yeast to man suggests that this protein complex is essential for mitosis in a wide range of eukaryotes. ..
- Rossio V, Michimoto T, Sasaki T, Ohbayashi I, Kikuchi Y, Yoshida S. Nuclear PP2A-Cdc55 prevents APC-Cdc20 activation during the spindle assembly checkpoint. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:4396-405 pubmed publisher..Because the Cdc55-binding proteins Zds1 and Zds2 inhibit both nuclear accumulation of Cdc55 and SAC activity, we propose that spatial control of PP2A by Zds1 family proteins is important for tight control of SAC and mitotic progression. ..
- Camasses A, Bogdanova A, Shevchenko A, Zachariae W. The CCT chaperonin promotes activation of the anaphase-promoting complex through the generation of functional Cdc20. Mol Cell. 2003;12:87-100 pubmed..We propose that folding of the Cdc20 family of APC/C activators is an essential and evolutionary conserved function of the CCT chaperonin. ..