Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CDC26
Description: anaphase promoting complex subunit CDC26
Alias: HIT3, SCD26, anaphase promoting complex subunit CDC26
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Schwickart M, Havlis J, Habermann B, Bogdanova A, Camasses A, Oelschlaegel T, et al. Swm1/Apc13 is an evolutionarily conserved subunit of the anaphase-promoting complex stabilizing the association of Cdc16 and Cdc27. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3562-76 pubmed..Accordingly, Swm1/Apc13 is required for ubiquitin ligase activity in vitro and for the timely execution of APC/C-dependent cell cycle events in vivo. ..
- Wang J, Dye B, Rajashankar K, Kurinov I, Schulman B. Insights into anaphase promoting complex TPR subdomain assembly from a CDC26-APC6 structure. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2009;16:987-9 pubmed publisherThe multisubunit anaphase promoting complex (APC) is an essential cell-cycle regulator. Although CDC26 is known to have a role in APC assembly, its molecular function has remained unclear...
- Hein J, Nilsson J. Stable MCC binding to the APC/C is required for a functional spindle assembly checkpoint. EMBO Rep. 2014;15:264-72 pubmed publisher..We thus show that stable MCC association with the APC/C is critical for a functional SAC. ..
- Makhnevych T, Wong P, Pogoutse O, Vizeacoumar F, Greenblatt J, Emili A, et al. Hsp110 is required for spindle length control. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:623-36 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a model whereby the Hsp70-Hsp110 chaperone complex antagonizes Cin8 plus-end motility and prevents premature spindle elongation in S phase. ..
- Ko N, Nishihama R, Tully G, Ostapenko D, Solomon M, Morgan D, et al. Identification of yeast IQGAP (Iqg1p) as an anaphase-promoting-complex substrate and its role in actomyosin-ring-independent cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:5139-53 pubmed..Together, the data suggest that compromise of APC/C function allows the accumulation of Iqg1p, which then promotes actomyosin-ring-independent cytokinesis at least in part by activation of Cyk3p. ..
- Blethrow J, Tang C, Deng C, Krutchinsky A. Modular mass spectrometric tool for analysis of composition and phosphorylation of protein complexes. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e358 pubmed
- Page A, Aneliunas V, Lamb J, Hieter P. In vivo characterization of the nonessential budding yeast anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome components Swm1p, Mnd2p and Apc9p. Genetics. 2005;170:1045-62 pubmed..Furthermore, the role of Apc9p in APC/C-dependent ubiquitination may be limited to the proteolysis of a select number of substrates. ..
- Oelschlaegel T, Schwickart M, Matos J, Bogdanova A, Camasses A, Havlis J, et al. The yeast APC/C subunit Mnd2 prevents premature sister chromatid separation triggered by the meiosis-specific APC/C-Ama1. Cell. 2005;120:773-88 pubmed..In vitro, Mnd2 inhibits ubiquitination of Pds1 by APC/C-Ama1 but not by other APC/C holo-enzymes. We conclude that chromosome segregation in meiosis depends on the selective inhibition of a meiosis-specific form of the APC/C. ..
- Rudner A, Hardwick K, Murray A. Cdc28 activates exit from mitosis in budding yeast. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:1361-76 pubmed..The defects of CDC28-VF suggest that Cdc28 activity is required to induce the metaphase to anaphase transition and initiate the transition from anaphase to G1 in budding yeast...
- Grossberger R, Gieffers C, Zachariae W, Podtelejnikov A, Schleiffer A, Nasmyth K, et al. Characterization of the DOC1/APC10 subunit of the yeast and the human anaphase-promoting complex. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:14500-7 pubmed..DOC domains may therefore be important for reactions catalyzed by several types of ubiquitin-protein ligases. ..
- Harkness T, Arnason T, Legrand C, Pisclevich M, Davies G, Turner E. Contribution of CAF-I to anaphase-promoting-complex-mediated mitotic chromatin assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:673-84 pubmed..However, Asf1p and an intact CAF-I complex are dispensable for CAF-I subunit suppression, whereas CAF-I is necessary for ASF1, HIR1, and HIR2 suppression of apc5(CA) phenotypes. We discuss the implications of our observations. ..
- Jessulat M, Alamgir M, Salsali H, Greenblatt J, Xu J, Golshani A. Interacting proteins Rtt109 and Vps75 affect the efficiency of non-homologous end-joining in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2008;469:157-64 pubmed..We propose that one function of the Rtt109-Vps75 interacting protein pair is to affect the efficiency of NHEJ in yeast. Vps75 but not Rtt109 also seem to have an effect on the efficiency of DSB repair using homologous recombination. ..
- da Fonseca P, Kong E, Zhang Z, Schreiber A, Williams M, Morris E, et al. Structures of APC/C(Cdh1) with substrates identify Cdh1 and Apc10 as the D-box co-receptor. Nature. 2011;470:274-8 pubmed publisher..Our results rationalize the contribution of both co-activator and core APC/C subunits to D-box recognition and provide a structural framework for understanding mechanisms of substrate recognition and catalysis by the APC/C. ..
- Rossio V, Michimoto T, Sasaki T, Ohbayashi I, Kikuchi Y, Yoshida S. Nuclear PP2A-Cdc55 prevents APC-Cdc20 activation during the spindle assembly checkpoint. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:4396-405 pubmed publisher..Because the Cdc55-binding proteins Zds1 and Zds2 inhibit both nuclear accumulation of Cdc55 and SAC activity, we propose that spatial control of PP2A by Zds1 family proteins is important for tight control of SAC and mitotic progression. ..