Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CDC19
Description: pyruvate kinase CDC19
Alias: PYK1, pyruvate kinase CDC19
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Lahudkar S, Durairaj G, Uprety B, Bhaumik S. A novel role for Cet1p mRNA 5'-triphosphatase in promoter proximal accumulation of RNA polymerase II in Saccharomyces cerevisiase. Genetics. 2014;196:161-76 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate a novel role of Cet1p in regulation of promoter proximal accumulation of RNA polymerase II independently of mRNA capping activity, and hence transcription in vivo...
- Clifton D, Weinstock S, Fraenkel D. Glycolysis mutants in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1978;88:1-11 pubmed..In diploids the mutations were recessive. pyk, pgi, pfk, and gcr segregated 2:2 from their wild-type alleles. PYK hxk, PYK pfk, and PYK gcr segregrants grew on glucose. ..
- Rayner T, Gray J, Thorner J. Direct and novel regulation of cAMP-dependent protein kinase by Mck1p, a yeast glycogen synthase kinase-3. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16814-22 pubmed
- Calvo O, Manley J. The transcriptional coactivator PC4/Sub1 has multiple functions in RNA polymerase II transcription. EMBO J. 2005;24:1009-20 pubmed..Our data provide evidence that Rna15 and Sub1 are present along the length of several genes and that Sub1 facilitates elongation by influencing enzymes that modify RNAP II. ..
- Fang N, Chan G, Zhu M, Comyn S, Persaud A, Deshaies R, et al. Rsp5/Nedd4 is the main ubiquitin ligase that targets cytosolic misfolded proteins following heat stress. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:1227-37 pubmed publisher..Our results support a bipartite recognition mechanism combining direct and chaperone-dependent ubiquitylation of misfolded cytosolic proteins by Rsp5. ..
- Galello F, Portela P, Moreno S, Rossi S. Characterization of substrates that have a differential effect on Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein kinase A holoenzyme activation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:29770-9 pubmed publisher..the substrate behavior and sequence determinants around the phosphorylation site of three protein substrates, Pyk1, Pyk2, and Nth1...
- Benjaphokee S, Koedrith P, Auesukaree C, Asvarak T, Sugiyama M, Kaneko Y, et al. CDC19 encoding pyruvate kinase is important for high-temperature tolerance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. N Biotechnol. 2012;29:166-76 pubmed publisher..The gene CDC19, encoding pyruvate kinase, was cloned as the HTG2 gene...
- Jablonowski D, Fichtner L, Stark M, Schaffrath R. The yeast elongator histone acetylase requires Sit4-dependent dephosphorylation for toxin-target capacity. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1459-69 pubmed..Together with the findings that sit4Delta and totDelta cells phenocopy protection against zymocin and the ceramide-induced G1 block, Sit4 is functionally linked to Elongator in cell cycle events targetable by antizymotics. ..
- Kamber R, Shoemaker C, Denic V. Receptor-Bound Targets of Selective Autophagy Use a Scaffold Protein to Activate the Atg1 Kinase. Mol Cell. 2015;59:372-81 pubmed publisher..This regulatory logic is a key similarity between selective autophagy and bulk autophagy, which is initiated by a distinct Atg1 activation mechanism during starvation. ..
- Sprague G. Isolation and characterization of a Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutant deficient in pyruvate kinase activity. J Bacteriol. 1977;130:232-41 pubmed..the phenotype of the pyruvate kinase-deficient strain was due to a single nuclear mutation, which was designated pyk1, and preliminary genetic mapping experiments located the pyk1 locus on chromosome I, 30 centimorgans from the ade1 ..
- Portela P, Howell S, Moreno S, Rossi S. In vivo and in vitro phosphorylation of two isoforms of yeast pyruvate kinase by protein kinase A. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:30477-87 pubmedSaccharomyces cerevisiae pyruvate kinase 1 (Pyk1) was demonstrated to be associated to an immunoprecipitate of yeast protein kinase A holoenzyme (HA-Tpk1.Bcy1) and to be phosphorylated in a cAMP-dependent process...
- Kim S, Bae S, Hahn J. Redirection of pyruvate flux toward desired metabolic pathways through substrate channeling between pyruvate kinase and pyruvate-converting enzymes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Sci Rep. 2016;6:24145 pubmed publisher..As a platform strain for the channeling of pyruvate flux, PYK1-Coh-Myc strain was constructed in which PYK1 gene encoding pyruvate kinase is tagged with cohesin domain...
- Fichtner L, Frohloff F, Jablonowski D, Stark M, Schaffrath R. Protein interactions within Saccharomyces cerevisiae Elongator, a complex essential for Kluyveromyces lactis zymocicity. Mol Microbiol. 2002;45:817-26 pubmed..Two-hybrid analysis showed that Tot4p also interacts with Cdc19p, suggesting that Tot4p plays an additional role in concert with Cdc19p, perhaps co-ordinating cell growth with carbon source metabolism. ..
- Xu Y, Zhao X, Glass D, Absalan F, Perlman D, Broach J, et al. Regulation of yeast pyruvate kinase by ultrasensitive allostery independent of phosphorylation. Mol Cell. 2012;48:52-62 pubmed publisher..The main pyruvate kinase isozyme (Cdc19) is phosphorylated in response to environmental cues...