Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CCS1
Description: copper chaperone CCS1
Alias: LYS7, copper chaperone CCS1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Gross D, Burgard C, Reddehase S, Leitch J, Culotta V, Hell K. Mitochondrial Ccs1 contains a structural disulfide bond crucial for the import of this unconventional substrate by the disulfide relay system. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:3758-67 pubmed publisherThe copper chaperone for superoxide dismutase 1 (Ccs1) provides an important cellular function against oxidative stress. Ccs1 is present in the cytosol and in the intermembrane space (IMS) of mitochondria...
- Fetherolf M, Boyd S, Taylor A, Kim H, Wohlschlegel J, Blackburn N, et al. Copper-zinc superoxide dismutase is activated through a sulfenic acid intermediate at a copper ion entry site. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12025-12040 pubmed publisher..The copper chaperone for superoxide dismutase (Ccs1) activates immature copper-zinc superoxide dismutase (Sod1) by delivering copper and facilitating the oxidation of ..
- Muid K, Karakaya H, Koc A. Absence of superoxide dismutase activity causes nuclear DNA fragmentation during the aging process. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;444:260-3 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated the roles of SOD1, SOD2 and CCS1 genes in preserving genomic integrity in replicatively old yeast cells using the single cell comet assay...
- Klöppel C, Suzuki Y, Kojer K, Petrungaro C, Longen S, Fiedler S, et al. Mia40-dependent oxidation of cysteines in domain I of Ccs1 controls its distribution between mitochondria and the cytosol. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:3749-57 pubmed publisher..Maturation of Sod1 depends on its copper chaperone (Ccs1)...
- Brady G, Galban S, Liu X, Basrur V, Gitlin J, Elenitoba Johnson K, et al. Regulation of the copper chaperone CCS by XIAP-mediated ubiquitination. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:1923-36 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results reveal novel links among apoptosis, copper metabolism, and redox regulation through the XIAP-CCS complex. ..
- Leitch J, Jensen L, Bouldin S, Outten C, Hart P, Culotta V. Activation of Cu,Zn-superoxide dismutase in the absence of oxygen and the copper chaperone CCS. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:21863-71 pubmed publisher..In this manner, Cu,Zn-SOD from metazoans may retain activity over a wide range of physiological oxygen tensions. ..
- Varabyova A, Topf U, Kwiatkowska P, Wrobel L, Kaus Drobek M, Chacinska A. Mia40 and MINOS act in parallel with Ccs1 in the biogenesis of mitochondrial Sod1. FEBS J. 2013;280:4943-59 pubmed publisher..Sod1 requires its specific chaperone Ccs1 and disulfide bond formation in order to be retained in the intermembrane space...
- Wood L, Thiele D. Transcriptional activation in yeast in response to copper deficiency involves copper-zinc superoxide dismutase. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:404-13 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the copper-dependent enzyme Sod1 (Cu,Zn-superoxide dismutase) and its intracellular copper chaperone Ccs1 function in the activation of Mac1 in response to an external copper deficiency...
- Carter C, Kitchen L, Au W, Babic C, Basrai M. Loss of SOD1 and LYS7 sensitizes Saccharomyces cerevisiae to hydroxyurea and DNA damage agents and downregulates MEC1 pathway effectors. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:10273-85 pubmed..We show that loss of the Cu,Zn-dependent superoxide dismutase, SOD1, or its copper chaperone, LYS7, confers oxygen-dependent sensitivity to replication arrest and DNA damage in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...