Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CBF5
Description: pseudouridine synthase CBF5
Alias: pseudouridine synthase CBF5
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Fortes P, Kufel J, Fornerod M, Polycarpou Schwarz M, Lafontaine D, Tollervey D, et al. Genetic and physical interactions involving the yeast nuclear cap-binding complex. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6543-53 pubmed..Mutants lacking yCBC were found to be defective in rRNA processing. Analysis of the yCBC deletion phenotype suggests that this is likely to be due to a defect in the splicing of a subset of ribosomal protein mRNA precursors. ..
- Jack K, Bellodi C, Landry D, Niederer R, Meskauskas A, Musalgaonkar S, et al. rRNA pseudouridylation defects affect ribosomal ligand binding and translational fidelity from yeast to human cells. Mol Cell. 2011;44:660-6 pubmed publisher..from a yeast strain in which Cbf5p, the yeast homolog of DKC1, is catalytically impaired through a D95A mutation (cbf5-D95A)...
- Hertveldt K, Dechassa M, Robben J, Volckaert G. Identification of Gal80p-interacting proteins by Saccharomyces cerevisiae whole genome phage display. Gene. 2003;307:141-9 pubmed..Interactions were confirmed by ELISA. These results demonstrate the accessibility of the S. cerevisiae genome to display technology for protein-protein interaction screening. ..
- Ma X, Yang C, Alexandrov A, Grayhack E, Behm Ansmant I, Yu Y. Pseudouridylation of yeast U2 snRNA is catalyzed by either an RNA-guided or RNA-independent mechanism. EMBO J. 2005;24:2403-13 pubmed..Using the snR81-deletion strain, Nhp2p- or Cbf5p-conditional depletion strain, and a cbf5 mutation strain, we further demonstrated that the pseudouridylase activity is dependent on snR81 snoRNP in vivo...
- Godin K, Walbott H, Leulliot N, van Tilbeurgh H, Varani G. The box H/ACA snoRNP assembly factor Shq1p is a chaperone protein homologous to Hsp90 cochaperones that binds to the Cbf5p enzyme. J Mol Biol. 2009;390:231-44 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first evidence of a specific biochemical activity for Shq1p and a direct link to the H/ACA snoRNP. ..
- Leulliot N, Godin K, Hoareau Aveilla C, Quevillon Cheruel S, Varani G, Henry Y, et al. The box H/ACA RNP assembly factor Naf1p contains a domain homologous to Gar1p mediating its interaction with Cbf5p. J Mol Biol. 2007;371:1338-53 pubmed..The structural homology with Gar1 suggests that the function of Naf1 involves preventing non-cognate RNAs from being loaded during transport of the particle by inducing a non-productive conformation of Cbf5.
- Sydorskyy Y, Dilworth D, Halloran B, Yi E, Makhnevych T, Wozniak R, et al. Nop53p is a novel nucleolar 60S ribosomal subunit biogenesis protein. Biochem J. 2005;388:819-26 pubmed
- Koonin E. Pseudouridine synthases: four families of enzymes containing a putative uridine-binding motif also conserved in dUTPases and dCTP deaminases. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:2411-5 pubmed..These particular RNA modifications and the respective enzymes are likely to be essential for the functioning of any cell. ..
- Walbott H, Machado Pinilla R, Liger D, Blaud M, Rety S, Grozdanov P, et al. The H/ACA RNP assembly factor SHQ1 functions as an RNA mimic. Genes Dev. 2011;25:2398-408 pubmed publisher..We propose that Shq1p operates as a Cbf5p chaperone during RNP assembly by acting as an RNA placeholder, thereby preventing Cbf5p from nonspecific RNA binding before association with an H/ACA RNA and the other core RNP proteins. ..
- Li S, Duan J, Li D, Yang B, Dong M, Ye K. Reconstitution and structural analysis of the yeast box H/ACA RNA-guided pseudouridine synthase. Genes Dev. 2011;25:2409-21 pubmed publisher..We reconstituted functional Saccharomyces cerevisiae H/ACA RNPs with recombinant proteins Cbf5, Nop10, Gar1, and Nhp2 and a two-hairpin H/ACA RNA; determined the crystal structure of a Cbf5, Nop10, and Gar1 ..
- Mouaikel J, Verheggen C, Bertrand E, Tazi J, Bordonné R. Hypermethylation of the cap structure of both yeast snRNAs and snoRNAs requires a conserved methyltransferase that is localized to the nucleolus. Mol Cell. 2002;9:891-901 pubmed..Consistently, Tgs1p is also localized in the nucleolus. Our results suggest a trafficking pathway in which yeast snRNAs and snoRNAs cycle through the nucleolus to undergo m(7)G cap hypermethylation. ..
- Normand C, Capeyrou R, Quevillon Cheruel S, Mougin A, Henry Y, Caizergues Ferrer M. Analysis of the binding of the N-terminal conserved domain of yeast Cbf5p to a box H/ACA snoRNA. RNA. 2006;12:1868-82 pubmed..In this study, we present the purification of a truncated derivative of yeast Cbf5p (Cbf5(Delta)p) that retains the highly conserved TRUB and PUA domains...
- Ballarino M, Morlando M, Pagano F, Fatica A, Bozzoni I. The cotranscriptional assembly of snoRNPs controls the biosynthesis of H/ACA snoRNAs in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:5396-403 pubmed..All these data suggest that proper cotranscriptional snoRNP assembly controls 3'-end formation of snoRNAs and, consequently, the release of a functional particle. ..
- Henras A, Capeyrou R, Henry Y, Caizergues Ferrer M. Cbf5p, the putative pseudouridine synthase of H/ACA-type snoRNPs, can form a complex with Gar1p and Nop10p in absence of Nhp2p and box H/ACA snoRNAs. RNA. 2004;10:1704-12 pubmed..We also show that the absence of any component necessary for assembly of box H/ACA snoRNPs inhibits accumulation of Cbf5p, Gar1p, or Nop10p, whereas Nhp2p levels are little affected. ..
- Fatica A, Dlakic M, Tollervey D. Naf1 p is a box H/ACA snoRNP assembly factor. RNA. 2002;8:1502-14 pubmed..We propose that Naf1 p is recruited to the CTD of RNA polymerase II and binds to nascent box H/ACA snoRNAs promoting snoRNP assembly. ..
- Li S, Duan J, Li D, Ma S, Ye K. Structure of the Shq1-Cbf5-Nop10-Gar1 complex and implications for H/ACA RNP biogenesis and dyskeratosis congenita. EMBO J. 2011;30:5010-20 pubmed publisher..We report the structure of the Shq1-specific domain alone and in complex with H/ACA RNP proteins Cbf5, Nop10 and Gar1...