Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CBC2
Alias: CBP20, MUD13, SAE1, Cbc2p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Qiu Z, Chico L, Chang J, Shuman S, Schwer B. Genetic interactions of hypomorphic mutations in the m7G cap-binding pocket of yeast nuclear cap binding complex: an essential role for Cbc2 in meiosis via splicing of MER3 pre-mRNA. RNA. 2012;18:1996-2011 pubmed publisherNuclear cap binding protein complex (CBC) is a heterodimer of a small subunit (Cbc2 in yeast) that binds the m(7)G cap and a large subunit (Sto1 in yeast) that interacts with karyopherins...
- Bonnet A, Bretes H, Palancade B. Nuclear pore components affect distinct stages of intron-containing gene expression. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:4249-61 pubmed publisher..Our study thus highlights the multiplicity of mechanisms by which nuclear pores contribute to gene expression, and further provides the first evidence that intronic sequences can alleviate early mRNP biogenesis defects. ..
- LEE SOETY J, Jones J, Macgibeny M, Remaly E, Daniels L, Ito A, et al. Yeast hnRNP-related proteins contribute to the maintenance of telomeres. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;426:12-7 pubmed publisher..Deletion of CBC2, which encodes another hnRNP-related protein that associates with Npl3, also accelerates senescence...
- Yeh C, Chang S, Chen J, Wang H, Chou Y, Wang C, et al. The conserved AU dinucleotide at the 5' end of nascent U1 snRNA is optimized for the interaction with nuclear cap-binding-complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9679-9693 pubmed publisher..Our data also provide a structural interpretation as to why the AU dinucleotide is conserved during evolution. ..
- Agarwal R, Schwer B, Shuman S. Structure-function analysis and genetic interactions of the Luc7 subunit of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae U1 snRNP. RNA. 2016;22:1302-10 pubmed publisher..absent the Mud2 subunit of the Msl5•Mud2 branchpoint binding complex, and when the m(7)G cap-binding site of Cbc2 was debilitated; and (iii) bypassed the need for the essential DEAD-box ATPase Prp28...
- McKee A, Kleckner N. Mutations in Saccharomyces cerevisiae that block meiotic prophase chromosome metabolism and confer cell cycle arrest at pachytene identify two new meiosis-specific genes SAE1 and SAE3. Genetics. 1997;146:817-34 pubmedTwo new meiosis-specific genes, SAE1 and SAE3, have been identified in a screen for mutations that confer an intermediate block in meiotic prophase...
- Qiu Z, Schwer B, Shuman S. Two Routes to Genetic Suppression of RNA Trimethylguanosine Cap Deficiency via C-Terminal Truncation of U1 snRNP Subunit Snp1 or Overexpression of RNA Polymerase Subunit Rpo26. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;5:1361-70 pubmed publisher..of nuclear cap-binding complex (CBC) with the residual m(7)G cap of the U1 snRNA and is suppressed fully by Cbc2 mutations that weaken cap binding...
- Vasiljeva L, Buratowski S. Nrd1 interacts with the nuclear exosome for 3' processing of RNA polymerase II transcripts. Mol Cell. 2006;21:239-48 pubmed..Since Nrd1 is known to bind RNA polymerase II and be important for sn/snoRNA 3' end processing, Nrd1 may link transcription and RNA 3' end formation with surveillance by the exosome. ..
- Schwer B, Chang J, Shuman S. Structure-function analysis of the 5' end of yeast U1 snRNA highlights genetic interactions with the Msl5*Mud2 branchpoint-binding complex and other spliceosome assembly factors. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:7485-500 pubmed publisher..new synthetic genetic interactions of the U1 snRNP with Msl5 and Mud2 and with the nuclear cap-binding subunit Cbc2. Our results fortify the idea that spliceosome assembly can occur via distinct genetically buffered microscopic ..
- Das B, Guo Z, Russo P, Chartrand P, Sherman F. The role of nuclear cap binding protein Cbc1p of yeast in mRNA termination and degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:2827-38 pubmed..can be suppressed by deletion of either of the nonessential genes CBC1 and CBC2, which encode the CBP80 and CBP20 subunits of the nuclear cap binding complex, respectively, or by deletion of the nonessential gene UPF1, which ..
- Senissar M, Le Saux A, Belgareh Touzé N, Adam C, Banroques J, Tanner N. The DEAD-box helicase Ded1 from yeast is an mRNP cap-associated protein that shuttles between the cytoplasm and nucleus. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:10005-22 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ded1 is an mRNP cofactor of the cap complex that may function to remodel the different mRNPs and thereby regulate the expression of the mRNAs. ..
- McKee A, Kleckner N. A general method for identifying recessive diploid-specific mutations in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, its application to the isolation of mutants blocked at intermediate stages of meiotic prophase and characterization of a new gene SAE2. Genetics. 1997;146:797-816 pubmed..null mutations of the DMC1 gene, nonnull mutations of RAD50 (rad50S), and mutations in three new genes designed SAE1, SAE2 and SAE3 (Sporulation in the Absence of Spo Eleven)...
- Schwer B, Kruchten J, Shuman S. Structure-function analysis and genetic interactions of the SmG, SmE, and SmF subunits of the yeast Sm protein ring. RNA. 2016;22:1320-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that six intact RNA binding sites in the Sm ring suffice for function but five sites may not. ..
- Hossain M, Chung C, Pradhan S, Johnson T. The yeast cap binding complex modulates transcription factor recruitment and establishes proper histone H3K36 trimethylation during active transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:785-99 pubmed publisher..This work provides evidence for an emerging model that RNA processing factors can modulate the recruitment of transcription factors and influence histone modification during elongation. ..
- Das S, Saha U, Das B. Cbc2p, Upf3p and eIF4G are components of the DRN (Degradation of mRNA in the Nucleus) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEMS Yeast Res. 2014;14:922-32 pubmed publisher..In this study, we further identify three novel components of DRN (Cbc2p, Upf3p and Tif4631p) by employing a genetic screen and by considering proteins/factors that interact with Cbc1p...
- Rigaut G, Shevchenko A, Rutz B, Wilm M, Mann M, Seraphin B. A generic protein purification method for protein complex characterization and proteome exploration. Nat Biotechnol. 1999;17:1030-2 pubmed..Combined with mass spectrometry, the TAP strategy allows for the identification of proteins interacting with a given target protein. The TAP method has been tested in yeast but should be applicable to other cells or organisms. ..
- Jiang Y. An essential role of Tap42-associated PP2A and 2A-like phosphatases in Ty1 transcriptional silencing of S. cerevisiae. Yeast. 2008;25:755-64 pubmed publisher..PP2A holoenzyme activity, which is independent of Tap42 and TORC1, is not essential for Ty1 transcriptional silencing, strengthening the argument that TORC1-specific signalling underlies Ty1 transcriptional silencing. ..
- Hong E, Roeder G. A role for Ddc1 in signaling meiotic double-strand breaks at the pachytene checkpoint. Genes Dev. 2002;16:363-76 pubmed..The Rad24 checkpoint protein interacts with Ddc1 and with recombination proteins (Sae1, Sae2, Rad57, and Msh5) in the two-hybrid protein system, suggesting that Rad24 also functions at DSB sites...
- Wu X, Jiang Y. Overproduction of non-translatable mRNA silences. The transcription of Ty1 retrotransposons in S. cerevisiae via functional inactivation of the nuclear cap-binding complex and subsequent hyperstimulation of the TORC1 pathway. Yeast. 2008;25:327-47 pubmed publisher..Although overproduction of non-translatable mRNA causes transient Ty1 transcriptional silencing, it does not play a detectable role in controlling Ty1 retrotransposition. ..
- Vitaliano Prunier A, Babour A, Hérissant L, Apponi L, Margaritis T, Holstege F, et al. H2B ubiquitylation controls the formation of export-competent mRNP. Mol Cell. 2012;45:132-9 pubmed publisher..Modification of H2B thus participates in the crosstalk between cotranscriptional events and assembly of mRNPs linking nuclear processing and mRNA export. ..