Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BUR2
Alias: CST4, Bur2p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Xiao T, Shibata Y, Rao B, Laribee R, O Rourke R, Buck M, et al. The RNA polymerase II kinase Ctk1 regulates positioning of a 5' histone methylation boundary along genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:721-31 pubmed
- Yao S, Prelich G. Activation of the Bur1-Bur2 cyclin-dependent kinase complex by Cak1. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:6750-8 pubmed..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Bur1 and Bur2 comprise a Cdk complex that is involved in transcriptional regulation, presumably mediated by its phosphorylation ..
- Ouspenski I, Elledge S, Brinkley B. New yeast genes important for chromosome integrity and segregation identified by dosage effects on genome stability. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:3001-8 pubmed..mutations and sensitivity to chromosome replication or segregation inhibitors, we conclude that overexpression of CST4 specifically interferes with mitotic chromosome segregation, and CST6 affects some aspect of DNA metabolism...
- Lau N, Mulder K, Brenkman A, Mohammed S, van den Broek N, Heck A, et al. Phosphorylation of Not4p functions parallel to BUR2 to regulate resistance to cellular stresses in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9864 pubmed publisher..In this study, we further explore the relationship between the subunits Not4p and Bur2p. First, we investigated the presence of post-translational modifications on the Ccr4-Not complex...
- Sikorski T, Ficarro S, Holik J, Kim T, Rando O, Marto J, et al. Sub1 and RPA associate with RNA polymerase II at different stages of transcription. Mol Cell. 2011;44:397-409 pubmed publisher..We propose that Sub1 and RPA interact with the nontemplate strand of RNApII complexes during initiation and elongation, respectively. ..
- Fuchs S, Kizer K, Braberg H, Krogan N, Strahl B. RNA polymerase II carboxyl-terminal domain phosphorylation regulates protein stability of the Set2 methyltransferase and histone H3 di- and trimethylation at lysine 36. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:3249-56 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results provide molecular insight into the regulation of Set2 protein levels that influence H3K36 methylation states. ..
- Wahba L, Amon J, Koshland D, Vuica Ross M. RNase H and multiple RNA biogenesis factors cooperate to prevent RNA:DNA hybrids from generating genome instability. Mol Cell. 2011;44:978-88 pubmed publisher..In summary, RNA:DNA hybrids are a potent source for changing genome structure. By preventing their formation and accumulation, multiple RNA biogenesis factors and RNase H act as guardians of the genome. ..
- Hossain M, Chung C, Pradhan S, Johnson T. The yeast cap binding complex modulates transcription factor recruitment and establishes proper histone H3K36 trimethylation during active transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:785-99 pubmed publisher..subunit of the CBC confers a synthetic growth defect when combined with deletion of genes encoding either Ctk2 or Bur2, a component of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae ortholog of P-TEFb...
- Tomson B, Crisucci E, Heisler L, Gebbia M, Nislow C, Arndt K. Effects of the Paf1 complex and histone modifications on snoRNA 3'-end formation reveal broad and locus-specific regulation. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:170-82 pubmed publisher..We also discovered roles for the transcriptional regulators Bur1-Bur2, Rad6, and Set2 in snoRNA 3'-end formation...
- Gómez Herreros F, Margaritis T, Rodríguez Galán O, Pelechano V, Begley V, Millán Zambrano G, et al. The ribosome assembly gene network is controlled by the feedback regulation of transcription elongation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9302-9318 pubmed publisher..On the whole, this work uncovers a feedback control of ribosome biogenesis by fine-tuning transcription elongation in ribosome assembly factor-coding genes. ..
- Gaillard H, Tous C, Botet J, González Aguilera C, Quintero M, Viladevall L, et al. Genome-wide analysis of factors affecting transcription elongation and DNA repair: a new role for PAF and Ccr4-not in transcription-coupled repair. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000364 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence that subunits of the SAGA and Ccr4-Not complexes, Mediator, Bre1, Bur2, and Fun12 affect transcription elongation to different extents...
- Clausing E, Mayer A, Chanarat S, Muller B, Germann S, Cramer P, et al. The transcription elongation factor Bur1-Bur2 interacts with replication protein A and maintains genome stability during replication stress. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:41665-74 pubmed publisher..Here, we show a novel interaction between the transcription elongation factor Bur1-Bur2 and replication protein A (RPA), the eukaryotic single-stranded DNA-binding protein with functions in DNA repair, ..