Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BUL1
Description: ubiquitin-ubiquitin ligase BUL1
Alias: DAG1, RDS1, SMM2, ubiquitin-ubiquitin ligase BUL1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Liu M, Brusilow W, Needleman R. Activity of the yeast Tat2p tryptophan permease is sensitive to the anti-tumor agent 4-phenylbutyrate. Curr Genet. 2004;46:256-68 pubmed
- Talaia G, Gournas C, Saliba E, Barata Antunes C, Casal M, Andre B, et al. The ?-Arrestin Bul1p Mediates Lactate Transporter Endocytosis in Response to Alkalinization and Distinct Physiological Signals. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:3678-3695 pubmed publisher..Our results support a model where conformational changes of Jen1p, associated with substrate/H+ symport, are critical for the efficiency of Bul1p-dependent Jen1p turnover...
- Crapeau M, Merhi A, Andre B. Stress conditions promote yeast Gap1 permease ubiquitylation and down-regulation via the arrestin-like Bul and Aly proteins. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:22103-16 pubmed publisher..phosphoinhibition of the Npr1 kinase, resulting in activation by dephosphorylation of the arrestin-like Bul1 and Bul2 adaptors recruiting the Rsp5 ubiquitin ligase to Gap1...
- Stawiecka Mirota M, Pokrzywa W, Morvan J, Zoladek T, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Urban Grimal D, et al. Targeting of Sna3p to the endosomal pathway depends on its interaction with Rsp5p and multivesicular body sorting on its ubiquitylation. Traffic. 2007;8:1280-96 pubmed..Sna3p is polyubiquitylated on one target lysine, and a mutant Sna3p lacking its target lysine displays defective MVB sorting. Sna3p undergoes Rsp5-dependent polyubiquitylation, with K63-linked Ub chains. ..
- Sasaki T, Takagi H. Phosphorylation of a conserved Thr357 in yeast Nedd4-like ubiquitin ligase Rsp5 is involved in down-regulation of the general amino acid permease Gap1. Genes Cells. 2013;18:459-75 pubmed publisher..From these results, we propose a possible mechanism involved in the regulation of Rsp5 activity for Gap1 down-regulation via the phosphorylation of a conserved Thr357 in the Nedd4 family. ..
- Okamoto M, Yoko o T, Umemura M, Nakayama K, Jigami Y. Glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored proteins are required for the transport of detergent-resistant microdomain-associated membrane proteins Tat2p and Fur4p. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4013-23 pubmed
- Merhi A, Andre B. Internal amino acids promote Gap1 permease ubiquitylation via TORC1/Npr1/14-3-3-dependent control of the Bul arrestin-like adaptors. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4510-22 pubmed publisher..This ubiquitylation requires the Rsp5 ubiquitin ligase and the redundant arrestin-like Bul1 and Bul2 adaptors...
- Mangado A, Tronchoni J, Morales P, Novo M, QuirÃ³s M, Gonzalez R. An impaired ubiquitin ligase complex favors initial growth of auxotrophic yeast strains in synthetic grape must. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2015;99:1273-86 pubmed publisher..Mutations identified in these strains pointed to the Rsp5p-Bul1/2p ubiquitin ligase complex as the preferred evolutionary target under these experimental conditions...
- Peters T, Miller A, Tourette C, Agren H, Hubbard A, Hughes R. Genomic Analysis of ATP Efflux in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;6:161-70 pubmed publisher..These results will facilitate analysis of ATP efflux mechanisms in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Johnson S, Hanson P, Manoharlal R, Brice S, Cowart L, Moye Rowley W. Regulation of yeast nutrient permease endocytosis by ATP-binding cassette transporters and a seven-transmembrane protein, RSB1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:35792-802 pubmed publisher..Together, these data argue that Rsb1, Pdr5, and Yor1 regulate the endocytosis of Tat2 and likely other membrane transporter proteins...
- Auty R, Steen H, Myers L, Persinger J, Bartholomew B, Gygi S, et al. Purification of active TFIID from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Extensive promoter contacts and co-activator function. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49973-81 pubmed..of the final elution by mass spectrometry confirms the presence of all the known TAFs and TBP, as well as Rsp5, Bul1, Ubp3, Bre5, Cka1, and Cka2...
- Shiga T, Yoshida N, Shimizu Y, Suzuki E, Sasaki T, Watanabe D, et al. Quality control of plasma membrane proteins by Saccharomyces cerevisiae Nedd4-like ubiquitin ligase Rsp5p under environmental stress conditions. Eukaryot Cell. 2014;13:1191-9 pubmed publisher..The arrestin-like Bul1/2p adaptors for Rsp5p specifically mediate this process...
- Bilsland E, Hult M, Bell S, Sunnerhagen P, Downs J. The Bre5/Ubp3 ubiquitin protease complex from budding yeast contributes to the cellular response to DNA damage. DNA Repair (Amst). 2007;6:1471-84 pubmed..First, we found that Ubp3/Bre5 functions antagonistically with Bul1 in DNA damage responses, but not in its other cellular functions...
- Kus B, Gajadhar A, Stanger K, Cho R, Sun W, Rouleau N, et al. A high throughput screen to identify substrates for the ubiquitin ligase Rsp5. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:29470-8 pubmed..The combination of this sensitive assay and the availability of purified substrates will enable the identification of substrates for any purified E3 enzyme. ..
- Abe F, Iida H. Pressure-induced differential regulation of the two tryptophan permeases Tat1 and Tat2 by ubiquitin ligase Rsp5 and its binding proteins, Bul1 and Bul2. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:7566-84 pubmed..We suggest that hydrostatic pressure is a unique tool for elucidating the dynamics of integral membrane protein functions as well as for probing lipid microenvironments where they localize. ..
- Rubio Texeira M, Van Zeebroeck G, Thevelein J. Peptides induce persistent signaling from endosomes by a nutrient transceptor. Nat Chem Biol. 2012;8:400-8 pubmed publisher..Hence, this work has identified specific dipeptides that cause enhanced proton influx through the Gap1 symporter, resulting in its defective vacuolar sorting, and independently transform it into a persistently signaling transceptor. ..
- Andoh T, Hirata Y, Kikuchi A. Yeast glycogen synthase kinase 3 is involved in protein degradation in cooperation with Bul1, Bul2, and Rsp5. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:6712-20 pubmed..Suppression of temperature sensitivity by an osmotic stabilizer is also observed in the bul1 bul2 double null mutant, and the temperature sensitivity of the bul1 bul2 double null mutant is suppressed by ..
- Feller A, Boeckstaens M, Marini A, Dubois E. Transduction of the nitrogen signal activating Gln3-mediated transcription is independent of Npr1 kinase and Rsp5-Bul1/2 ubiquitin ligase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:28546-54 pubmed..Recently, the Npr1 kinase and the Rsp5, Bul1/2 ubiquitin ligase complex were reported to have antagonistic roles in the nuclear import and Gln3-mediated ..