Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BUD4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Cullen P, Sprague G. The roles of bud-site-selection proteins during haploid invasive growth in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2990-3004 pubmed..Three of the four known proteins required for axial budding, Bud3p, Bud4p, and Axl2p, were expressed and localized appropriately in glucose-limiting conditions...
- Osman M, Konopka J, Cerione R. Iqg1p links spatial and secretion landmarks to polarity and cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:601-11 pubmed..how Iqg1p influences these processes, we performed a two-hybrid screen and identified the spatial landmark Bud4p as a binding partner...
- Eluère R, Varlet I, Bernadac A, Simon M. Cdk and the anillin homolog Bud4 define a new pathway regulating septin organization in yeast. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:151-8 pubmed publisher..In this study, we report a role of the anillin-like protein Bud4 in the formation and the disassembly of the double ring structure formed by the septins at the time of cytokinesis...
- Meitinger F, Richter H, Heisel S, Hub B, Seufert W, Pereira G. A safeguard mechanism regulates Rho GTPases to coordinate cytokinesis with the establishment of cell polarity. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001495 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide unexpected insights into the temporal control of cytokinesis and describe the importance of a Gps1-dependent mechanism for highly accurate polarity switching between two closely connected locations. ..
- Kang P, Lee M, Park H. Bud3 activates Cdc42 to establish a proper growth site in budding yeast. J Cell Biol. 2014;206:19-28 pubmed publisher..Biphasic activation of Cdc42 or Rac GTPases may be a general mechanism for spatial cue-directed cell polarization in eukaryotes...
- Wu H, Guo J, Zhou Y, Gao X. The anillin-related region of Bud4 is the major functional determinant for Bud4's function in septin organization during bud growth and axial bud site selection in budding yeast. Eukaryot Cell. 2015;14:241-51 pubmed publisherThe anillin-related protein Bud4 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is required for axial bud site selection by linking the axial landmark to the septins, which localize at the mother bud neck...
- Finnigan G, Duvalyan A, Liao E, Sargsyan A, Thorner J. Detection of protein-protein interactions at the septin collar in Saccharomyces cerevisiae using a tripartite split-GFP system. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:2708-25 pubmed publisher..additional new information by examining whether three other proteins reported to localize to the bud neck (Nis1, Bud4, and Hof1) are able to interact physically with any of the subunits in the septin collar and, if so, with which ..