Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BRN1
Description: condensin subunit BRN1
Alias: condensin subunit BRN1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Li Z, Vizeacoumar F, Bahr S, Li J, Warringer J, Vizeacoumar F, et al. Systematic exploration of essential yeast gene function with temperature-sensitive mutants. Nat Biotechnol. 2011;29:361-7 pubmed publisher..This mutant collection should facilitate a wide range of systematic studies aimed at understanding the functions of essential genes. ..
- Jaquenoud M, Peter M. Gic2p may link activated Cdc42p to components involved in actin polarization, including Bni1p and Bud6p (Aip3p). Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:6244-58 pubmed..We propose that at bud emergence, Gic2p functions as an adaptor which may link activated Cdc42p to components involved in actin organization and polarized growth, including Bni1p, Spa2p, and Bud6p. ..
- Ouspenski I, Cabello O, Brinkley B. Chromosome condensation factor Brn1p is required for chromatid separation in mitosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:1305-13 pubmedThis work describes BRN1, the budding yeast homologue of Drosophila Barren and Xenopus condensin subunit XCAP-H...
- Yong Gonzalez V, Wang B, Butylin P, Ouspenski I, Strunnikov A. Condensin function at centromere chromatin facilitates proper kinetochore tension and ensures correct mitotic segregation of sister chromatids. Genes Cells. 2007;12:1075-90 pubmed..These findings show that, in addition to its essential role in rDNA segregation, condensin mediates segregation of the whole genome by maintaining the centromere structure in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ..
- Varela E, Shimada K, Laroche T, Leroy D, Gasser S. Lte1, Cdc14 and MEN-controlled Cdk inactivation in yeast coordinate rDNA decompaction with late telophase progression. EMBO J. 2009;28:1562-75 pubmed publisher..We have localized the Condensin subunit Brn1 to a compact spiral of rDNA in mitotic budding yeast cells...
- Johzuka K, Horiuchi T. The cis element and factors required for condensin recruitment to chromosomes. Mol Cell. 2009;34:26-35 pubmed publisher..Our study also suggests that recruitment of condensin onto chromosomes requires cis elements and recruiters that physically interact with condensin. ..
- Butylin P, Strunnikov A. [Functional characteristics of the individual genomic condensin binding sites of Saccharomyces cerevisiae using minichromosome mitotic segregation stability model]. Tsitologiia. 2008;50:788-93 pubmed..This approach allowed us to find out what was the individual contribution of condensin binding sites in securing mitotic stability of the minichromosomes. ..
- Lavoie B, Hogan E, Koshland D. In vivo dissection of the chromosome condensation machinery: reversibility of condensation distinguishes contributions of condensin and cohesin. J Cell Biol. 2002;156:805-15 pubmed..Finally, we provide the first evidence of a mechanistic link between condensin and cohesin function. A model discussing the functional interplay between cohesin and condensin is presented. ..
- Charbin A, Bouchoux C, Uhlmann F. Condensin aids sister chromatid decatenation by topoisomerase II. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:340-8 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that condensin prevents deleterious anaphase bridges during chromosome segregation by promoting sister chromatid decatenation. ..
- Laflamme G, Tremblay Boudreault T, Roy M, Andersen P, Bonneil E, Atchia K, et al. Structural maintenance of chromosome (SMC) proteins link microtubule stability to genome integrity. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:27418-31 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings demonstrate that SMC proteins can bind to and stabilize microtubules and that SMC-microtubule interactions are essential to establish a robust system to maintain genome integrity. ..