Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BOS1
Alias: SEC32, Bos1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Tsui M, Tai W, Banfield D. Selective formation of Sed5p-containing SNARE complexes is mediated by combinatorial binding interactions. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:521-38 pubmed..Rather our data are consistent with the existence of multiple (perhaps parallel) trafficking pathways where Sed5p-containing SNARE complexes play overlapping and/or distinct functional roles. ..
- McNew J, Parlati F, Fukuda R, Johnston R, Paz K, Paumet F, et al. Compartmental specificity of cellular membrane fusion encoded in SNARE proteins. Nature. 2000;407:153-9 pubmed..Here we find that, to a marked degree, the pattern of membrane flow in the cell is encoded and recapitulated by its isolated SNARE proteins, as predicted by the SNARE hypothesis. ..
- Dilcher M, Veith B, Chidambaram S, Hartmann E, Schmitt H, Fischer von Mollard G. Use1p is a yeast SNARE protein required for retrograde traffic to the ER. EMBO J. 2003;22:3664-74 pubmed..and Sec22p, which form a SNARE complex required for retrograde traffic from the Golgi to the ER, but neither Bos1p nor Bet1p (members of the SNARE complex in anterograde traffic to the Golgi)...
- Søgaard M, Tani K, Ye R, Geromanos S, Tempst P, Kirchhausen T, et al. A rab protein is required for the assembly of SNARE complexes in the docking of transport vesicles. Cell. 1994;78:937-48 pubmed..The surprising finding that docking complexes can contain many distinct species of SNAREs (Sed5p, Bos1p, Sec22p, Ykt6p, and likely Bet1p, p28, and p14) suggests that multimeric interactions are features of the fusion ..
- Newman A, Shim J, Ferro Novick S. BET1, BOS1, and SEC22 are members of a group of interacting yeast genes required for transport from the endoplasmic reticulum to the Golgi complex. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:3405-14 pubmed..Newman and S. Ferro-Novick, J. Cell Biol. 105: 1587-1594, 1987), we isolated BET1 and BOS1 (bet one suppressor)...
- Rossi G, Kolstad K, Stone S, Palluault F, Ferro Novick S. BET3 encodes a novel hydrophilic protein that acts in conjunction with yeast SNAREs. Mol Biol Cell. 1995;6:1769-80 pubmed..These findings support the hypothesis that Bet3p may act before the assembly of the SNARE complex. ..
- Yahara N, Sato K, Nakano A. The Arf1p GTPase-activating protein Glo3p executes its regulatory function through a conserved repeat motif at its C-terminus. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2604-12 pubmed..We name this region the Glo3 motif and present evidence that the motif is required for the function of Glo3p in vivo. ..
- Andag U, Neumann T, Schmitt H. The coatomer-interacting protein Dsl1p is required for Golgi-to-endoplasmic reticulum retrieval in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:39150-60 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate that Dsl1p is a peripheral membrane protein, which in vitro specifically binds to coatomer, the major component of the protein coat of COPI vesicles. ..
- Lian J, Stone S, Jiang Y, Lyons P, Ferro Novick S. Ypt1p implicated in v-SNARE activation. Nature. 1994;372:698-701 pubmed..Here we show that Bos1p, the v-SNARE of yeast endoplasmic reticulum-to-Golgi transport vesicles, pairs with another integral membrane ..
- Poon P, Cassel D, Spang A, Rotman M, Pick E, Singer R, et al. Retrograde transport from the yeast Golgi is mediated by two ARF GAP proteins with overlapping function. EMBO J. 1999;18:555-64 pubmed..of COPI, which mediates vesicular transport within the ER-Golgi shuttle, while increased dosage of the BET1, BOS1 and SEC22 genes encoding members of a v-SNARE family that functions within the ER-Golgi alleviates the effects of a ..
- Sapperstein S, Lupashin V, Schmitt H, Waters M. Assembly of the ER to Golgi SNARE complex requires Uso1p. J Cell Biol. 1996;132:755-67 pubmed..of the uso1-1 mutant can be suppressed by overexpression of each of the known ER to Golgi v-SNAREs (Bet1p, Bos1p, Sec22p, and Ykt6p)...
- Shim J, Newman A, Ferro Novick S. The BOS1 gene encodes an essential 27-kD putative membrane protein that is required for vesicular transport from the ER to the Golgi complex in yeast. J Cell Biol. 1991;113:55-64 pubmedWe recently described the identification of BOS1 (Newman, A., J. Shim, and S. Ferro-Novick. 1990. Mol. Cell. Biol. 10:3405-3414.)...
- Tsui M, Banfield D. Yeast Golgi SNARE interactions are promiscuous. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 1):145-52 pubmed..interactions between full length soluble recombinant forms of SNAREs (Sed5p, Sft1p, Ykt6p, Vti1p, Gos1p, Sec22p, Bos1p, and Bet1p) involved in ER-Golgi and intra-Golgi membrane trafficking...
- Li Y, Gallwitz D, Peng R. Structure-based functional analysis reveals a role for the SM protein Sly1p in retrograde transport to the endoplasmic reticulum. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3951-62 pubmed..Together, these results indicate a previously unrecognized function of Sly1p in retrograde transport to the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Schindler C, Rodriguez F, Poon P, Singer R, Johnston G, Spang A. The GAP domain and the SNARE, coatomer and cargo interaction region of the ArfGAP2/3 Glo3 are sufficient for Glo3 function. Traffic. 2009;10:1362-75 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that membrane-interaction modules and cargo-sensing regions have evolved independently in ArfGAP1s versus ArfGAP2/3s. ..
- Springer S, Schekman R. Nucleation of COPII vesicular coat complex by endoplasmic reticulum to Golgi vesicle SNAREs. Science. 1998;281:698-700 pubmed..Here, two ER to Golgi v-SNAREs, Bet1p and Bos1p, were shown to interact specifically with Sar1p, Sec23p, and Sec24p, components of the COPII coat, in a guanine ..
- Barrowman J, Wang W, Zhang Y, Ferro Novick S. The Yip1p.Yif1p complex is required for the fusion competence of endoplasmic reticulum-derived vesicles. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19878-84 pubmed..Consistent with this proposal, we observe that the Yip1p.Yif1p complex binds to the ER to Golgi SNAREs Bos1p and Sec22p, two components of the membrane fusion machinery.
- Furukawa N, Mima J. Multiple and distinct strategies of yeast SNAREs to confer the specificity of membrane fusion. Sci Rep. 2014;4:4277 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings uncover multiple and distinct strategies of SNAREs to directly mediate fusion specificity. ..
- Liu Y, Flanagan J, Barlowe C. Sec22p export from the endoplasmic reticulum is independent of SNARE pairing. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:27225-32 pubmed..this SNARE protein to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER), to Golgi membranes, and into SNARE complexes with Bet1p, Bos1p, and Sed5p...
- Kama R, Kanneganti V, Ungermann C, Gerst J. The yeast Batten disease orthologue Btn1 controls endosome-Golgi retrograde transport via SNARE assembly. J Cell Biol. 2011;195:203-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, Btn1 controls retrograde sorting by regulating SNARE phosphorylation and assembly, a process that may be adversely affected in Batten Disease patients. ..
- Newman A, Groesch M, Ferro Novick S. Bos1p, a membrane protein required for ER to Golgi transport in yeast, co-purifies with the carrier vesicles and with Bet1p and the ER membrane. EMBO J. 1992;11:3609-17 pubmed..Overexpression of SLY12 compensates for the loss of function of the ras-like GTP-binding protein Ypt1. Both Bos1p and Bet1p are cytoplasmically oriented membrane proteins...
- Schindler C, Spang A. Interaction of SNAREs with ArfGAPs precedes recruitment of Sec18p/NSF. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2852-63 pubmed
- Rogers J, Arlow T, Inkellis E, Koo T, Rose M. ER-associated SNAREs and Sey1p mediate nuclear fusion at two distinct steps during yeast mating. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3896-908 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrate that the ER-localized SNAREs Sec20p, Ufe1p, Use1p, and Bos1p are required for efficient nuclear fusion...
- Kim D, Sacher M, Scarpa A, Quinn A, Ferro Novick S. High-copy suppressor analysis reveals a physical interaction between Sec34p and Sec35p, a protein implicated in vesicle docking. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3317-29 pubmed..Sec34p and Sec35p stably associate with each other to form a multiprotein complex of approximately 480 kDa. These data indicate that Sec34p acts in conjunction with Sec35p to mediate a common step in vesicular traffic. ..
- Lian J, Ferro Novick S. Bos1p, an integral membrane protein of the endoplasmic reticulum to Golgi transport vesicles, is required for their fusion competence. Cell. 1993;73:735-45 pubmed..Using an assay that reconstitutes transport at this stage of the pathway, we find that anti-Bos1p antibody blocks protein export after vesicles bud from the ER but prior to fusion with the Golgi...
- Flanagan J, Mukherjee I, Barlowe C. Examination of Sec22 Homodimer Formation and Role in SNARE-dependent Membrane Fusion. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:10657-66 pubmed publisher..Sec22 is also reported to function in macroautophagy and in formation of endoplasmic reticulum-plasma membrane contact sites therefore homodimer assembly may regulate Sec22 activity across a range of cellular processes. ..
- Duden R, Hosobuchi M, Hamamoto S, Winey M, Byers B, Schekman R. Yeast beta- and beta'-coat proteins (COP). Two coatomer subunits essential for endoplasmic reticulum-to-Golgi protein traffic. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:24486-95 pubmed..Genetic interactions connect sec27-1 and sec21-1 (coatomer gamma subunit) with the ARF1 and ARF2 genes and with the SEC22, BET1, and BOS1 genes, which encode membrane proteins involved in ER-to-Golgi transport.
- Kim D. Characterization of Grp1p, a novel cis-Golgi matrix protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:370-8 pubmed..5h incubation at 38.5 degrees C. Together, these data suggest that Grp1p is a novel matrix protein that is involved in the structural organization of the cis-Golgi. ..