Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BEM3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Caviston J, Longtine M, Pringle J, Bi E. The role of Cdc42p GTPase-activating proteins in assembly of the septin ring in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:4051-66 pubmed..carrying the cdc42V36G allele or lacking two or all three of the known Cdc42p GTPase-activating proteins (GAPs: Bem3p, Rga1p, and Rga2p) could recruit the septins to the cell cortex but were blocked or delayed in forming a normal ..
- Bi E, Pringle J. ZDS1 and ZDS2, genes whose products may regulate Cdc42p in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:5264-75 pubmed..As ZDS1 and ZDS2 have recently been identified also by numerous other groups studying a wide range of biological phenomena, the roles of Cdc42p in intracellular signaling may be more diverse than has previously been appreciated. ..
- Aguilar R, Longhi S, Shaw J, Yeh L, Kim S, SchOn A, et al. Epsin N-terminal homology domains perform an essential function regulating Cdc42 through binding Cdc42 GTPase-activating proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:4116-21 pubmed..Furthermore, the epsins contribute to regulation of specific Cdc42 signaling pathways in yeast cells. These data support a model in which the epsins function as spatial and temporal coordinators of endocytosis and cell polarity. ..
- Ho H, Lee H, Liao H, Chen M. Involvement of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Avo3p/Tsc11p in maintaining TOR complex 2 integrity and coupling to downstream signaling. Eukaryot Cell. 2008;7:1328-43 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that Avo2p/Slm1p-mediated signaling, but not Avo1p-mediated signaling, links to Rho1p activation specifically through the Rho1p-guanine nucleotide exchange factor Tus1p. ..
- Mukherjee D, Coon B, Edwards D, Hanna C, Longhi S, McCaffery J, et al. The yeast endocytic protein Epsin 2 functions in a cell-division signaling pathway. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2453-63 pubmed publisher..induction of the phenotype and found them to be important for efficient binding to the septin regulatory protein, Bem3. Supporting a physiological role for epsin 2 in cell division, the protein localized to sites of polarized growth ..
- Yu J, Lemmon M. All phox homology (PX) domains from Saccharomyces cerevisiae specifically recognize phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:44179-84 pubmed..Our results establish that PtdIns-3-P, and not other phosphoinositides, is the target of all PX domains in S. cerevisiae and suggest a role for PX domains in assembly of multiprotein complexes at specific membrane surfaces. ..
- Richman T, Johnson D. Saccharomyces cerevisiae cdc42p GTPase is involved in preventing the recurrence of bud emergence during the cell cycle. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:8548-59 pubmed..Specifically, Cdc42(D38E)p showed reduced interactions with the Cla4p p21-activated protein kinase and the Bem3p GTPase-activating protein and cdc42(D38E) was the only mutant allele able to complement the Deltacdc42 null mutant...
- Neller J, DÃ¼nkler A, RÃ¶sler R, Johnsson N. A protein complex containing Epo1p anchors the cortical endoplasmic reticulum to the yeast bud tip. J Cell Biol. 2015;208:71-87 pubmed publisher..bud growth and show that Epo1p binds simultaneously to the Cdc42p guanosine triphosphatase-activating protein Bem3p. Deletion of EPO1 or deletion of BEM3 in a polarisome-deficient strain reduces the amount of cER at the tip...
- Chen G, Zheng L, Chan C. The LIM domain-containing Dbm1 GTPase-activating protein is required for normal cellular morphogenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:1376-90 pubmed..The nonaxial budding defect of dbm1 mutants can be rescued partially by overproduction of Bem3p and is exacerbated by its absence...
- Onishi M, Ko N, Nishihama R, Pringle J. Distinct roles of Rho1, Cdc42, and Cyk3 in septum formation and abscission during yeast cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:311-29 pubmed publisher..This work suggests a general role for the catalytically inactive transglutaminases of fungi and animals, some of which have previously been implicated in cytokinesis. ..
- Nie W, He F, Yuan S, Jia Z, Wang R, Gao X. Roles of an N-terminal coiled-coil-containing domain in the localization and function of Bem3, a Rho GTPase-activating protein in budding yeast. Fungal Genet Biol. 2017;99:40-51 pubmed publisher..The budding yeast Bem3 is a GAP for Cdc42, a Rho GTPase crucial for actin and septin organization...
- Atkins B, Yoshida S, Saito K, Wu C, Lew D, Pellman D. Inhibition of Cdc42 during mitotic exit is required for cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:231-40 pubmed publisher..The effects of Cdc42 hyperactivation are largely mediated by the Cdc42 effector p21-activated kinase Ste20. Inhibition of Cdc42 and related Rho guanosine triphosphatases may be a general feature of cytokinesis in eukaryotes. ..
- Moore T, Tanaka H, Kim H, Jeon N, Yi T. Yeast G-proteins mediate directional sensing and polarization behaviors in response to changes in pheromone gradient direction. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:521-34 pubmed publisher..Thus we demonstrate that G-proteins modulate in a ligand-dependent manner two fundamental cell-polarity behaviors in response to gradient directional change. ..
- Saito K, Fujimura Kamada K, Hanamatsu H, Kato U, Umeda M, Kozminski K, et al. Transbilayer phospholipid flipping regulates Cdc42p signaling during polarized cell growth via Rga GTPase-activating proteins. Dev Cell. 2007;13:743-51 pubmed..We propose that a redistribution of phospholipids to the inner leaflet of the plasma membrane triggers the dispersal of Cdc42p from the apical growth site, through activation of GAPs...
- Goryachev A, Pokhilko A. Computational model explains high activity and rapid cycling of Rho GTPases within protein complexes. PLoS Comput Biol. 2006;2:e172 pubmed..Interestingly, we find that the cycling regimes are only weakly dependent on the concentration of GTPase itself. ..
- Kadota J, Yamamoto T, Yoshiuchi S, Bi E, Tanaka K. Septin ring assembly requires concerted action of polarisome components, a PAK kinase Cla4p, and the actin cytoskeleton in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:5329-45 pubmed..Our results suggest that polarisome components and Cla4p are required for the initial assembly of the septin ring and that the actin cytoskeleton is involved in this process. ..