Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BDP1
Description: transcription factor TFIIIB subunit BDP1
Alias: TFC5, TFC7, transcription factor TFIIIB subunit BDP1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Deprez E, Arrebola R, Conesa C, Sentenac A. A subunit of yeast TFIIIC participates in the recruitment of TATA-binding protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:8042-51 pubmed..Coimmunoprecipitation experiments support a direct interaction between TBP and tau60. It is suggested that tau60 links tauA and tauB domains and participates in TFIIIB assembly via its interaction with TBP. ..
- Dumay H, Rubbi L, Sentenac A, Marck C. Interaction between yeast RNA polymerase III and transcription factor TFIIIC via ABC10alpha and tau131 subunits. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:33462-8 pubmed..These results point to the potential importance of a functional contact between TFIIIC and RNA polymerase III. ..
- Andrau J, Sentenac A, Werner M. Mutagenesis of yeast TFIIIB70 reveals C-terminal residues critical for interaction with TBP and C34. J Mol Biol. 1999;288:511-20 pubmed..TFIIIC.DNA complexes and affected in vitro transcription of the SUP4 tRNA gene. Our results underscore the important role of region II of TFIIIB70 in pre-initiation as well as transcription complex assembly via C34 and TBP binding. ..
- Yieh L, Kassavetis G, Geiduschek E, Sandmeyer S. The Brf and TATA-binding protein subunits of the RNA polymerase III transcription factor IIIB mediate position-specific integration of the gypsy-like element, Ty3. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:29800-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that the minimal requirements for pol III transcription and Ty3 integration are very similar. ..
- Ishiguro A, Kassavetis G. A gene-specific effect of an internal deletion in the Bdp1 subunit of the RNA polymerase III transcription initiation factor TFIIIB. FEBS Lett. 2003;548:33-6 pubmed..III, has been isolated as a multicopy suppressor of a specific small internal deletion (amino acids 253-269) in the Bdp1 subunit of transcription factor TFIIIB, the core pol III transcription factor...
- Liao Y, Willis I, Moir R. The Brf1 and Bdp1 subunits of transcription factor TFIIIB bind to overlapping sites in the tetratricopeptide repeats of Tfc4. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:44467-74 pubmed..through interactions involving the Tfc4 subunit of the assembly factor TFIIIC and two subunits of TFIIIB, Brf1 and Bdp1. Tfc4 contains two arrays of tetratricopeptide repeats (TPRs), each of which provides a binding site for Brf1...
- Pratt Hyatt M, Pai D, Haeusler R, Wozniak G, Good P, Miller E, et al. Mod5 protein binds to tRNA gene complexes and affects local transcriptional silencing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E3081-9 pubmed publisher..These results are discussed in light of recent results showing that silencing near tRNA genes also requires chromatin modification...
- Roberts S, Miller S, Lane W, Lee S, Hahn S. Cloning and functional characterization of the gene encoding the TFIIIB90 subunit of RNA polymerase III transcription factor TFIIIB. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:14903-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that the binding sites for BRF1 and TFIIIB90 on TBP-DNA both overlap the binding sites for TFIIA and TFIIB. ..
- Lee J, Moir R, Willis I. Differential Phosphorylation of RNA Polymerase III and the Initiation Factor TFIIIB in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127225 pubmed publisher..of phosphorylation was observed for several of these proteins and the Rpc82 subunit of the polymerase and the Bdp1 subunit of TFIIIB were found to be differentially phosphorylated...
- Ruth J, Conesa C, Dieci G, Lefebvre O, Düsterhöft A, Ottonello S, et al. A suppressor of mutations in the class III transcription system encodes a component of yeast TFIIIB. EMBO J. 1996;15:1941-9 pubmed..We report the isolation of the yeast gene TFC7 which, based on genetic and biochemical evidence, encodes the 90 kDa polypeptide...
- Kassavetis G, Letts G, Geiduschek E. The RNA polymerase III transcription initiation factor TFIIIB participates in two steps of promoter opening. EMBO J. 2001;20:2823-34 pubmed..Removing an N-terminal domain of Brf interferes with downstream propagation of the transcription bubble to and beyond the transcriptional start site. ..
- Bachman N, Gelbart M, Tsukiyama T, Boeke J. TFIIIB subunit Bdp1p is required for periodic integration of the Ty1 retrotransposon and targeting of Isw2p to S. cerevisiae tDNAs. Genes Dev. 2005;19:955-64 pubmed..This study provides the first example for recruitment of an ATP-dependent chromatin-remodeling factor by a general transcription factor in vivo. ..
- Kassavetis G, Driscoll R, Geiduschek E. Mapping the principal interaction site of the Brf1 and Bdp1 subunits of Saccharomyces cerevisiae TFIIIB. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:14321-9 pubmed..Here, the principal attachment site of Brf1 for the Bdp1 subunit of TFIIIB has been mapped by a combination of structure-informed, site-directed mutagenesis and ..
- Saida F. Structural characterization of the interaction between TFIIIB components Bdp1 and Brf1. Biochemistry. 2008;47:13197-206 pubmed publisher..Its three components (TBP, Brf1, and Bdp1) participate in crucial molecular events that include RNA polymerase recruitment, formation of the open initiation ..
- Wu C, Lin Y, Chen H. The TFIIF-like Rpc37/53 dimer lies at the center of a protein network to connect TFIIIC, Bdp1, and the RNA polymerase III active center. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:2715-28 pubmed publisher..domain of Rpc37 interacts extensively with Rpc2 and Rpc34 and contains binding sites for initiation factor Bdp1. We also located the C-terminal domain of Rpc37 within the Pol III active center in the ternary elongation complex, ..