Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATP8
Description: F1F0 ATP synthase subunit 8
Alias: AAP1, F1F0 ATP synthase subunit 8
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Horn D, Fontanesi F, Barrientos A. Exploring protein-protein interactions involving newly synthesized mitochondrial DNA-encoded proteins. Methods Mol Biol. 2008;457:125-39 pubmed
- Tzagoloff A, Barrientos A, Neupert W, Herrmann J. Atp10p assists assembly of Atp6p into the F0 unit of the yeast mitochondrial ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19775-80 pubmed..Based on these observations, we propose Atp10p to be an Atp6p-specific chaperone that facilitates the incorporation of Atp6p into an intermediate subcomplex of ATPase subunits. ..
- Arnold I, Pfeiffer K, Neupert W, Stuart R, Schagger H. ATP synthase of yeast mitochondria. Isolation of subunit j and disruption of the ATP18 gene. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:36-40 pubmed..In the absence of Su j, spontaneously arising rho- cells were observed that lacked also ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase and cytochrome c oxidase activities. We conclude that Su j is a novel and essential subunit of yeast ATP synthase. ..
- Papakonstantinou T, Law R, Nesbitt W, Nagley P, Devenish R. Molecular genetic analysis of the central hydrophobic domain of subunit 8 of yeast mitochondrial ATP synthase. Curr Genet. 1996;30:12-8 pubmed..Encoded by the mitochondrial aap1 gene, Y8 is a 48-amino-acid polypeptide having a central hydrophobic domain (CHD) spanning 19 residues...
- Stephens A, Khan M, Roucou X, Nagley P, Devenish R. The molecular neighborhood of subunit 8 of yeast mitochondrial F1F0-ATP synthase probed by cysteine scanning mutagenesis and chemical modification. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17867-75 pubmed..We conclude that subunit 8 is an integral component of the stator stalk of yeast mitochondrial F(1)F(0)-ATP synthase. ..
- Rak M, Tzagoloff A. F1-dependent translation of mitochondrially encoded Atp6p and Atp8p subunits of yeast ATP synthase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:18509-14 pubmed publisher..of F(1), or the Atp11p and Atp12p chaperones that promote F(1) assembly, have normal levels of the bicistronic ATP8/ATP6 mRNAs but fail to synthesize Atp6p and Atp8p...
- Förster K, Turina P, Drepper F, Haehnel W, Fischer S, Graber P, et al. Proton transport coupled ATP synthesis by the purified yeast H+ -ATP synthase in proteoliposomes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1797:1828-37 pubmed publisher..The dependence of the turnover on the phosphate concentration and the dependence of K(M) on pH(out) indicated that the substrate for ATP synthesis is the monoanionic phosphate species H?PO??. ..
- Foury F, Roganti T, Lecrenier N, Purnelle B. The complete sequence of the mitochondrial genome of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 1998;440:325-31 pubmed..Our data suggest that shuffling of mobile elements plays an important role in the remodelling of the yeast mitochondrial genome. ..
- Macreadie I, Novitski C, Maxwell R, John U, Ooi B, McMullen G, et al. Biogenesis of mitochondria: the mitochondrial gene (aap1) coding for mitochondrial ATPase subunit 8 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 1983;11:4435-51 pubmedA mitochondrial gene (denoted aap1) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae has been characterized by nucleotide sequence analysis of a region of mtDNA between the oxi3 and oli2 genes...