Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATP5
Description: F1F0 ATP synthase subunit 5
Alias: OSC1, F1F0 ATP synthase subunit 5
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Paumard P, Vaillier J, Napias C, Arselin G, Brethes D, Graves P, et al. Environmental study of subunit i, a F(o) component of the yeast ATP synthase. Biochemistry. 2000;39:4199-205 pubmed
- Bueler S, Rubinstein J. Location of subunit d in the peripheral stalk of the ATP synthase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochemistry. 2008;47:11804-10 pubmed publisher..We propose that the C-terminal region of subunit d spans the gap from F 1 to F O, reinforcing this section of the peripheral stalk. ..
- Francis B, Thorsness P. Hsp90 and mitochondrial proteases Yme1 and Yta10/12 participate in ATP synthase assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mitochondrion. 2011;11:587-600 pubmed publisher..These genetic interactions describe a functional role for Hsp90 proteins in mitochondrial biogenesis. ..
- Bareth B, Nikolov M, Lorenzi I, Hildenbeutel M, Mick D, Helbig C, et al. Oms1 associates with cytochrome c oxidase assembly intermediates to stabilize newly synthesized Cox1. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:1570-80 pubmed publisher..Our analyses show that Oms1 participates in cytochrome c oxidase assembly by stabilizing newly synthesized Cox1. ..
- Boyle G, Roucou X, Nagley P, Devenish R, Prescott M. Modulation at a distance of proton conductance through the Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondrial F1F0-ATP synthase by variants of the oligomycin sensitivity-conferring protein containing substitutions near the C-terminus. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2000;32:595-607 pubmed..quot; We consider how subtle conformational changes in OSCP may be transmitted to F(0). ..
- Rubinstein J, Dickson V, Runswick M, Walker J. ATP synthase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae: location of subunit h in the peripheral stalk region. J Mol Biol. 2005;345:513-20 pubmed..Models of the peripheral stalk are proposed that are consistent with this location and with reconstitution experiments conducted with isolated peripheral stalk subunits. ..
- Pagadala V, Vistain L, Symersky J, Mueller D. Characterization of the mitochondrial ATP synthase from yeast Saccharomyces cerevisae. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2011;43:333-47 pubmed publisher..F(1)F(o) ATP synthase with ?-GFP was purified to homogeneity and serves as an excellent enzyme for two- and three-dimensional crystallization studies. ..