Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATP4
Description: F1F0 ATP synthase subunit 4
Alias: LPF7, F1F0 ATP synthase subunit 4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bueler S, Rubinstein J. Location of subunit d in the peripheral stalk of the ATP synthase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochemistry. 2008;47:11804-10 pubmed publisher..We propose that the C-terminal region of subunit d spans the gap from F 1 to F O, reinforcing this section of the peripheral stalk. ..
- Pagadala V, Vistain L, Symersky J, Mueller D. Characterization of the mitochondrial ATP synthase from yeast Saccharomyces cerevisae. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2011;43:333-47 pubmed publisher..F(1)F(o) ATP synthase with ?-GFP was purified to homogeneity and serves as an excellent enzyme for two- and three-dimensional crystallization studies. ..
- Arnold I, Pfeiffer K, Neupert W, Stuart R, Schagger H. ATP synthase of yeast mitochondria. Isolation of subunit j and disruption of the ATP18 gene. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:36-40 pubmed..In the absence of Su j, spontaneously arising rho- cells were observed that lacked also ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase and cytochrome c oxidase activities. We conclude that Su j is a novel and essential subunit of yeast ATP synthase. ..
- Tzagoloff A, Barrientos A, Neupert W, Herrmann J. Atp10p assists assembly of Atp6p into the F0 unit of the yeast mitochondrial ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19775-80 pubmed..Based on these observations, we propose Atp10p to be an Atp6p-specific chaperone that facilitates the incorporation of Atp6p into an intermediate subcomplex of ATPase subunits. ..
- Förster K, Turina P, Drepper F, Haehnel W, Fischer S, Graber P, et al. Proton transport coupled ATP synthesis by the purified yeast H+ -ATP synthase in proteoliposomes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1797:1828-37 pubmed publisher..The dependence of the turnover on the phosphate concentration and the dependence of K(M) on pH(out) indicated that the substrate for ATP synthesis is the monoanionic phosphate species H?PO??. ..
- Rak M, Gokova S, Tzagoloff A. Modular assembly of yeast mitochondrial ATP synthase. EMBO J. 2011;30:920-30 pubmed publisher..These studies show that assembly of the ATP synthase is not a single linear process, as previously thought, but rather involves two separate but coordinately regulated pathways that converge at the end stage. ..
- Paumard P, Vaillier J, Coulary B, Schaeffer J, Soubannier V, Mueller D, et al. The ATP synthase is involved in generating mitochondrial cristae morphology. EMBO J. 2002;21:221-30 pubmed
- Velours J, Spannagel C, Chaignepain S, Vaillier J, Arselin G, Graves P, et al. Topography of the yeast ATP synthase F0 sector. Biochimie. 1998;80:793-801 pubmed