Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATP3
Description: F1F0 ATP synthase subunit gamma
Alias: F1F0 ATP synthase subunit gamma
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Lau W, Baker L, Rubinstein J. Cryo-EM structure of the yeast ATP synthase. J Mol Biol. 2008;382:1256-64 pubmed publisher..This new map has allowed construction of a model of subunit arrangement in the F(O) motor of ATP synthase that dictates how dimerization of the complex via subunits e and g might occur. ..
- Rubinstein J, Dickson V, Runswick M, Walker J. ATP synthase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae: location of subunit h in the peripheral stalk region. J Mol Biol. 2005;345:513-20 pubmed..Models of the peripheral stalk are proposed that are consistent with this location and with reconstitution experiments conducted with isolated peripheral stalk subunits. ..
- Dian E, Papatheodorou P, Emmrich K, Randel O, Geissler A, Kölling R, et al. Role of gamma-subunit N- and C-termini in assembly of the mitochondrial ATP synthase in yeast. J Mol Biol. 2008;377:1314-23 pubmed publisher..Yeast strains expressing either of the truncated gamma-subunits did not grow on non-fermentable carbon sources, indicating that non-assembled parts of the ATP synthase accumulated and impaired essential mitochondrial functions. ..
- Francis B, White K, Thorsness P. Mutations in the Atp1p and Atp3p subunits of yeast ATP synthase differentially affect respiration and fermentation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2007;39:127-44 pubmed..ATP1-111 and other similarly suppressing mutations in ATP1 and ATP3 increase the growth rate of wild-type strains lacking mitochondrial DNA...
- Lauffer S, Mäbert K, Czupalla C, Pursche T, Hoflack B, Rödel G, et al. Saccharomyces cerevisiae porin pore forms complexes with mitochondrial outer membrane proteins Om14p and Om45p. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:17447-58 pubmed publisher..We propose a model for the role of the two OM proteins in addressing the porin pore to bind to specific channels in the mt IM to facilitate transport of metabolites. ..
- Rak M, Gokova S, Tzagoloff A. Modular assembly of yeast mitochondrial ATP synthase. EMBO J. 2011;30:920-30 pubmed publisher..These studies show that assembly of the ATP synthase is not a single linear process, as previously thought, but rather involves two separate but coordinately regulated pathways that converge at the end stage. ..
- Arnold I, Pfeiffer K, Neupert W, Stuart R, Schagger H. ATP synthase of yeast mitochondria. Isolation of subunit j and disruption of the ATP18 gene. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:36-40 pubmed..In the absence of Su j, spontaneously arising rho- cells were observed that lacked also ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase and cytochrome c oxidase activities. We conclude that Su j is a novel and essential subunit of yeast ATP synthase. ..